PDA

View Full Version : Farve Reinstated...wooop Peee...

GRAMPS SS
08-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Favre to be reinstated, report to Packers Monday
By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 12 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintRelated Video Players react to Favre Players react to Favre

Favre accepts MVP award

Favre press conference

Packer fans rally for Favre
More NFL Videos GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Brett Favre will be reinstated and added to the Green Bay Packers’ active roster Monday.

The NFL announced the move Sunday after commissioner Roger Goodell had held off on granting Favre’s request for reinstatement for nearly a week, hoping Favre and the team could resolve their standoff. By reinstating Favre, Goodell is following through on a recent promise to force action.

The reinstatement will become effective at 1 p.m. EDT on Monday.

Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, confirmed that Favre plans to fly to Green Bay on Sunday and report to the Packers on Monday.

“That’s the plan,” Cook said in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Sunday.

Favre could be on the field as early as Tuesday.

Favre retired in March but has been having second thoughts. Team officials have insisted they are moving on with Aaron Rodgers, though, causing tensions to rise between Favre and the team.

It is not clear whether Favre’s reinstatement indicates that he has rejected a long-term, multimillion-dollar marketing agreement offered by the team. Reinstatement could force the Packers to increase their offer to Favre in hopes that he remains retired and avoids turning their training camp into a media circus this week.

In this Jan. 20, 2008 file pho…

AP - Aug 1, 1:27 pm EDT
Team officials publicly have ruled out releasing Favre, fearing he would immediately sign with division rival Minnesota. The Packers could still also trade him.

The team has a scrimmage at Lambeau Field on Sunday night, then does not have another scheduled public practice until Tuesday morning.

Favre’s arrival in training camp could cause a major disruption to the team, although he would not likely begin practicing with the Packers right away.

Coach Mike McCarthy has said the Packers have a plan in place should Favre report to camp. He first would have to pass a physical exam and a conditioning test, then would likely be limited to individual drills.

Goodell told the NFL Network on Saturday that he thinks the situation has lingered long enough.

“I think we have to force it,” Goodell said. “I think it’s come to the point where there need to be some decisions made on behalf of the Packers, on behalf of Brett, on behalf of all the fans.”

AP Sports Writer Brett Martel contributed to this report.

xxtremeteam
08-03-2008, 01:05 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/xxtremeteam/cry.jpg

still dont care lets move forward with the talent we have

ProjectCamaro
08-03-2008, 01:41 PM
xxtremeteam,
I love that picture and I agree with you completely!

HITMAN
08-03-2008, 02:03 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/xxtremeteam/cry.jpg

still dont care lets move forward with the talent we have

LOL! That pic is funny and somewhat accurate. Whatever the case may be, that backwoods redneck rube totally outmaneuvered Ted Thompson and the rest of the Packers management. Who holds all the cards in this deal? Favre does. No matter what happens, Thompson/Packers look like idiots.:thumbsup

And what "talent" are you talking about? Rodgers? :rolf The first good hit he receives and POOF! Instant Lynn Dickey. :rolleyes: That phag will probably be out for the season by the third quarter in the first exhibition game. Then you'll all be crying for Brett.

Neal Steffek
08-03-2008, 02:12 PM
I am amazed by how much more I know about football then 99% of the people out there. Favre will NOT be a Packer with in 48 hours, and the Packers will be a better team becasue of it.

Guteman
08-03-2008, 02:13 PM
The question I like to ask myself is if he decided not to retire in March (many players feel this way from what I've read) would we still want to move on? Im pretty confident we would all be hyped for this coming season with Favre as our quarterback. Very clever picture though, but only 10% accurate at most.

Brandon W.
08-03-2008, 02:14 PM
im so sick of hearing about favre. he should of stayed retired and left with dignity and class.

HITMAN
08-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I am amazed by how much more I know about football then 99% of the people out there.

:rolleyes:
Yep, you're a legend in your own mind...:goof

Yooformula
08-03-2008, 02:17 PM
what a bunch of tools the packers and brett look like now.....I guess you can retire then unretire and expect everyone to just take it in the ass for you. I have lost ANY respect I had for the packers and brett.

DynoTom
08-03-2008, 02:17 PM
he should of stayed retired and left with dignity and class.

I'm in total agreement with you on this Brandon !

Lash
08-03-2008, 02:20 PM
:rolleyes:
Yep, you're a legend in your own mind...:goof

:rolf

ricksws7
08-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Farve is a total idiot. Stay retired where you belong!!!!!!!!

Rocket Power
08-03-2008, 03:30 PM
If the Packers think he's not that good anymore, cut him loose and let him go to the Vikings. Since they still think he's good enough to be a threat to them, let him fight for his job, even if he's #2 he'll be starting right after Rodgers hurts himself putting his socks on:rolf
Thompson's a dink

Heat Seeker WS6
08-03-2008, 03:41 PM
I wanna see one of his own offensive linemen turn around and just take him out hard after a snap at this point

badass88gt
08-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I wanna see one of his own offensive linemen turn around and just take him out hard after a snap at this point

I'm hoping they all just step aside and let him take some shots, but we all know that will never happen.

I cant believe Green Bay management hasnt considered what this whole fiasco is doing to team morale. Its about the team, not an individual.

I also read reports that now they are going to let Rodgers and Favre comete for the starting position. What a joke. If I were Rodgers I would tell them to get bent.

GRAMPS SS
08-03-2008, 08:56 PM
doesnt rogers become a free agent in '09..........that won't help him...free agent with no play time...no $$$$$$$$$$$$$ there...screw favre....glory hound...

oh commissioner...i want to play one more year....please help me out..i'm soooooo butt hurt that green bay don't want me....

ASSHAT

Cryptic
08-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Favre better deliver this season after all this crap

Sprayaway Fox
08-03-2008, 10:04 PM
If it was a Jonny Lunchbox that quit his job at the factory, would he get his job back? Screw it lets embalm Farve and put him in as starting quarterback in 2078! He wants to go out like Elway. Take the 20 mil and coach a damn Jr. Football team!:alcoholic:chair::chair::chair:

Smokey1226
08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
lol im saving all of these treads so when you bandwagon jumpers are kissing his ass when he takes us into the Playoffs.....can see what you all were saying!

moels
08-03-2008, 10:31 PM
He'll be the starter by the first regular season game. I predicted it last week in a thread here I believe.

Smokey1226
08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
He'll be the starter by the first regular season game. I predicted it last week in a thread here I believe.

+1 Driver is going to push Rodgers down the stairs and Favre starts. We win everygame and go into the playoffs. :D

scaleracer
08-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Great! I wish he would have retired for good so I wouldn't have to listen to all this crap about him.. I turn the news on and the 1st thing is about Brett Farve everyday! I say screw him! He just wants attention! :chair:

moels
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't necessarily agree with Brett changing his mind and causing the big fuss, but I'm not against him starting for the Pack this year either. It will be interesting.

GRAMPS SS
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
+1 Driver is going to push Rodgers down the stairs and Favre starts. We win everygame and go into the playoffs. :D

and then Farve throws AN INTERCEPTION and BLOWS another title shot....but then he will retire AGAIN.and cry on national tv.....then come spring,....he'll want back in...there is more drama with Favre then in this site...

awsomeears
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I would like to hear what his Wife has to say about this ?

Smokey1226
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't necessarily agree with Brett changing his mind and causing the big fuss, but I'm not against him starting for the Pack this year either. It will be interesting.

agreed again. The guy has been to more playoff games than 3/4 of the rest of the guys combined. Ill take what he can bring to the table no matter what he did.

Smokey1226
08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I would like to SEE what his DAUGHTER is wearing with all of this ?

+1

moels
08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I believe his family gave him the green light to play this year. I read that they actually influenced his decision.

GRAMPS SS
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
agreed again. The guy has been to more playoff games than 3/4 of the rest of the guys combined. Ill take what he can bring to me under the table no matter what he did.

Smokey1226
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm gay and proud

No matter what Wayne, im still going to be your friend :rolf

badass88gt
08-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Has there been any word on what Brett had for dinner after the game tonight? Also, has anyone reported on how many passes he takes when wiping, and if he wipes from front to back or vice versa?

Goddamn the Favre soap opera is getting ridiculous.

GRAMPS SS
08-03-2008, 11:24 PM
you just want my gas money.....

Smokey1226
08-03-2008, 11:28 PM
you just want my gas money.....

not uh, Im like Robinhood....i take from the Rich and give to the poor!

70 cutlass 442
08-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Great! I wish he would have retired for good so I wouldn't have to listen to all this crap about him.. I turn the news on and the 1st thing is about Brett Farve everyday! I say screw him! He just wants attention! :chair:

How do you figure he wants attention? hes done 1 maybe 2 interviews about this whole subject. IT was 2 almost 3 weeks before he said anything to the media once the rumors started flying. Its the Media making a big deal about it. Not favre :durr

T-Bag
08-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Things are going to be ugly these next few weeks

Maybe Aaron Rodgers will be the one asking for a trade this year!

Sprayaway Fox
08-04-2008, 01:41 AM
If I was rodgers I would. For all the town to be basically "oh your our new QB? ....Farve, you still wanna play?" I hope rodgers skates and when farve DOES retire he whips our ass. If I was rodgers I would be like "Fauk yall" Look at Detmer, best thing forum was to get the Heck outa GB.:alcoholic:headbang

Knyghtmare
08-04-2008, 03:34 AM
I hope Rodgers leaves too... then maybe we can get a QB that will stay healthy...

Goat Roper
08-04-2008, 07:41 AM
For the record ****brett.net was still open as of last night if anybody wants to run something counter to savebrett.net and those other f'ing Favre sites

Rocket Power
08-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Why would we want a hall of fame QB when we could have a guy that can't complete half the passes in a scrimmage.
Yaaay Rodgers!!!:goof

Karps TA
08-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Why would we want a hall of fame QB when we could have a guy that can't complete half the passes in a scrimmage.

A scrimmage where he couldn't get touched and played against backup CB's. :rolf

Yep get his bust in Canton ready.

And who mention Detmer? That's hilarious :rolf Brunell maybe, Hassleback yes, but Ty Detmer :rolf awesome

The difference between Rodgers and all those backups, was those backups actually kicked ass in preseason. A feat Rodgers has yet to accomplish in his first 3 years.

badass88gt
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM

Because the Hall Of Famer is a crybaby attention whore.