PDA

View Full Version : Sabathia

Lash
08-03-2008, 08:54 AM
So....lets just say he continues like this until the end of the season.

How likely is it that he wins the cy young award, with and without the Brewers making the post season?

wikked
08-03-2008, 10:56 AM
He should have 15 starts total for the Brewers, if he has a CG win for 75% of those, I'd say it's possible.

If he keeps it up, Lincecum is probably the guy to beat in the NL, despite being on the shitty Giants.
Otherwise one of the *ugh* Cubs guys might get it.

flyin_blue_egg
08-03-2008, 01:48 PM
the way both CC and harden have been pitching, had both of them been in the NL all season they'd both have a good chance at the CY. but since they haven't been in the league all season, i doubt it.

mrz28M6
08-03-2008, 07:47 PM
SIGN CC after this season!! get rid of sheets!

flyin_blue_egg
08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
does the owner have enough money to sign him after this season???? i know he got off to a horrible strart but that's a big reason why the indians wanted to get rid of him

Lash
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
does the owner have enough money to sign him after this season????

Yes....

and they'll need a new 1st baseman too ;)

flyin_blue_egg
08-03-2008, 09:18 PM
why would they need a 1st basemen....letting go of prince would be stupid

Smokey1226
08-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes....

and they'll need a new 1st baseman too ;)

Cut Suppan/Cameran (spelling)

and you have plenty of room.

DirtyMax
08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Cut Suppan/Cameran (spelling)

and you have plenty of room.

They dont have to cut Cameron after the season... it was a 1 year deal. So was Gagne's.

There's $17 mil right there.

Smokey1226
08-03-2008, 10:34 PM
They dont have to cut Cameron after the season... it was a 1 year deal. So was Gagne's.

There's $17 mil right there.

thats what i ment, But either way, ya thats enough money to hold him over for a year :rolf

DirtyMax
08-04-2008, 04:17 PM
If they could afford it next year, thay should be able to afford it in the following years too.

Plus you'll have Sheets $8M freed up too after this season because face it, they will probably only be able to afford one if either of them (CC or Sheets). Then you'll also have Suppan's $11 mil after 09 off the books too. That money can pay Prince, JJ, Hart, etc. Then in a couple years, bring up Escobar, slide JJ over to 2nd, Hall plays 3rd, and you can have Braun Gwynn & Hart in the OF.

Lash
08-04-2008, 06:24 PM
why would they need a 1st basemen....letting go of prince would be stupid

Wait til you see how much $ he wants.

Karps TA
08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
I'd love to see them go after Sabathia. However, the Yankees have $80 mil coming off their payroll after this season. That is going to be hard to beat.

Lash
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd love to see them go after Sabathia. However, the Yankees have $80 mil coming off their payroll after this season. That is going to be hard to beat.

Just another reason for me to hate them.

$80 mil....whats that, about 1/4 of their payroll?

Cjburn
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Matt Gamel is the future at third base. In fact, they're higher on Matt than ANYONE else in our minor league system, he was untouchable this trading season. From what they have seen they compare Gamel to Wade Boggs with power, and this isn't blowing smoke up your ass with that evaluation. CC wants to play in the National League since he wants to hit, so I figure you're going to drop 6 years in the neighborhood of 20 million per to get him anyways. Isn't Sheets over 10 million a year right now. We're going to have more than enough to sigh CC Sabathia, and with him Gallardo, Para, and Suppan will have a very decent rotation. We absolutely need to address the closer situation in the offseason. Prince is going to arbitration, so we figure a Ryan Howard level of 10 million per is what he'll get. To me, Rickie Weeks is the odd man out in the infield, all that talent and it hasn't come to fruition, he'll be moved eventually.

Karps TA
08-04-2008, 06:58 PM
From everything I read Gamel will have to move to First base cause he is awful at thrid base defensively. I've heard him described as a "nightmare" and also having the "mobility and range of a lamppost". I don't recall anyone saying that about Wade Boggs.

That's why they could afford to trade Laporta, cause with Prince likely leaving in a couple years due to him having Boras as an agent, they could put Gamel there.

wikked
08-05-2008, 10:24 AM
CC won't sign a 1-year deal, so unless we lock him up for 6+ yrs, he's going away.
That's the reason Cleveland traded him in the first place, he wanted a 7-year deal.

Sadly, we don't have that kind of cash.

Side note, the Marlins total payroll is $22mil... nuts!

DirtyMax
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Side note, the Marlins total payroll is $22mil... nuts!

And they win the World Series every 6 years too. In 09 they're due again!

jbiscuit
08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I hope CC stays. He has proven he can pitch (as if there was a doubt). The Crew need to cut Weeks for sure. Sheets has spiraled downward also. The Cubs ROCKED him when he was on the mound. Gagne can go too. He is AWFUL.

Anakonda69
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
it will be quite an interesting off season for the brewers.