PDA

View Full Version : Any homebrewers?

boostaddict14
08-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Any of you guys brew your own beer or wine etc?

I've tried a couple times but I can never seem to get it right. I just tried to make chicha which is a south American corn beer and well yea my corn never germinated and smelled like mold so i threw it out.

Prince Valiant
08-02-2008, 01:17 PM
imo, home brew beer is like having a hyperactive, dumb, ugly son...no one else might want or like him, but you love him all the same.

I've never tasted a good home brew...generally WAY too hoppy and generally bitter....bad combo in my book. My bro's brew would typically make me gag, lol.

Crawlin
08-02-2008, 01:36 PM
it takes a lot of time and patience to get it right. I've tasted some good ones. I personally never took the time to do it, but would love to

Gino's family (member on this board w/ the GN), they made their own wine and GOD DAMN was it good. "It'll get ya drunk" is the phrase that comes to mind...

Al
08-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I've wanted to try home brewing, but other things always come up.

The best fermentation projet I ever has was that time I left some apple cider in a fridge for too long. It turns out that it was plugged into a lightswitch-operated socket. A few days with the lights out resulted in a bloated bottle and some strong-smelling cider.

Slow Joe
08-02-2008, 03:24 PM
My dad makes his own wine (which is actually the wine that's going to be served at my wedding)... Damn does it turn out good... He knows just how to make it... :thumbsup

We bottled 180 bottles this past weekend :rolf Get ready for drunkfest 08 :rolf :rolf

stenchmiester
08-02-2008, 03:44 PM
just an fyi for bcm members anyone who does make beer or wine i can get you a great deal on supplies as my grandparents own "the purple foot" beer and wine making store on 92nd and beloit

PureSound15
08-02-2008, 09:38 PM
My Dad makes some brews that I'd rather drink than many of the micro brews that I usually like.

I think a lot of people don't give it enough time to ferment, that's the main complaint I hear.

LIZMO
08-03-2008, 01:16 AM
you just wanna make your own b/c you cant buy your own lol

Reverend Cooper
08-03-2008, 09:34 AM
ive tried to home brew,unfortunately my demand excedes my supply and i needed to revert back to the liquor store

boostaddict14
08-04-2008, 02:15 PM
you just wanna make your own b/c you cant buy your own lol

I have my ways lol. Nah i just find it to be interesting.

Josepy
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
ive tried to home brew,unfortunately my demand excedes my supply and i needed to revert back to the liquor store

Man I have that same problem too.

CruxGNZ
08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I make my own hooch. Been doing it for a few years. My last batch rocked. I used 8 pounds of honey for 5 gallons of beer and after bottling it, the alcohol content came to 14.9% for my 22 ounce bottles. Its fun making whatever the hell you want to. The Purple Foot is awesome! Thats where I got my brewing kit from and I get supplies from them or Brew And Grow in Brookfield. This fall I'm going to try and make pumpkin beer. My cousin brews also and his pumpkin beer turned out very good last year.

Korndogg
08-04-2008, 05:17 PM
My buddy brews his own stuff. Its like a mini brewery in his garage. Everything is automatic. He barely has to do anything. the beer is damn good too.

stenchmiester
08-04-2008, 05:17 PM
well let me kno next time u need supplies ill meet ya there and hook ya up

boostaddict14
08-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Im headed off to Germany in a month otherwise id be picking up a ton of stuff.