PDA

View Full Version : 2 Adult Male Cats - Free to a Good Home

DirtyMax
08-01-2008, 10:05 AM
We have two cats that have been regluated to basement duty because when they try to come upstairs, the dogs chase them back down (they think it's playing and fun to them). This has been going on for a long time and it's no longer fair to the cats.

So... heres the scoop.

Both cats are male, neutered, and front claws removed. Neither have had any health issues ever. They aren't destructive at all. Never once in the years we've had them have they messed any of our crap up by scratching, etc.

1 cat is about 5. His name is Tucker. He is a black and grey striped cat. Recently, he was rubbing up against the laundry detergent bottle and we've had to cut some clumps of sticky hair off of him every so often but he's cool with it and it blends back fairly quickly. It's happened before... honestly, I think that's his way of getting us to cut his hair in the summer because that's the only time he does it, LOL. He's the most chill cat you could want. Big ol' lazy boy whose only care in the world is if he has food in his dish. Very affectionate and loves to just sit and look out the window.

The other cat is named Gizmo and he's just turned 3. He is a Grey cat with white patches all over. He's a skinny active little fella. He's a little skittish at first but it's pretty much in his nature and mainly playful since usually he's meowing or whatever he does when he's prancing away. I think in a dog-free home, he'll open back up really quickly. He's certainly not mean but he is more of a "do my own thing" most of the time cat.

We'll give you whatever food we have left, etc. I'll tell you what litter brand we use and you can go get a couple of litter boxes beforehand. I suppose you could have our litter boxes but they tend to get a little ripe if you know what I mean and I don't know if you want to transport that in your car.

We really need to place both of these guys together. It wouldn't be fair to seperate the two of them after these years.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!

Car Guy
08-03-2008, 08:55 PM
:pics

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Berettaspeed
08-03-2008, 11:15 PM
how long have you had the dogs? i know it sometimes takes at least 3 months with some animals to get used to each other. with cats they take longer. i hope they go to a good home though.

srt4eh
08-04-2008, 12:58 AM
pics of the cats please

DirtyMax
08-04-2008, 06:51 AM
They've been living together for several years and this has been going on since we moved to our new house. Mainly because of the layout and the fact that is it a ranch, the cats have nowhere to go for salvation anymore except the basement.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5458&d=1217850673

Here is a pic.

DirtyMax
02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Since it looks like we had a successful kitty adoption here on BCM just recently, I figured I'd raise this from the dead. We still have these guys but would like to place them somewhere where they can sit in a window, lounge, around, and enjoy life without dogs..

Car Guy
02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
The Adam & Michelle Feline Adoption Foundation will be calling shortly.....:goof :rolf

DirtyMax
02-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I hope someone does. We tried to get our mother-in-law to take them because she lives alone and could use some companionship but apparently filling the food and water dish once a day and scopping litter a few times a week is too much work...

subliminal1284
02-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Donate them to science.

michelle
02-28-2009, 05:24 PM
The Adam & Michelle Feline Adoption Foundation will be calling shortly.....:goof :rolf

Funny...funny.

Donate them to science.

Even as a joke, you are an idiot.

theavenger333
03-01-2009, 01:53 AM
hehe, seeings how i was about 2 minutes later then michelle to grab up Brian's cat, i'm interested in these guys. do you have a carrier or anything? i'll have to talk to my roomies, but i bet we can get them a great home....

DirtyMax
03-01-2009, 08:10 AM
I'll have to double check but we might still have 2 carriers in the garage that you could use. Just let me know. I'd love to see them go somewhere that they can lounge around and enjoy life again without dogs chasing them away.

Brian98GTP
03-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I was going to tell you to send Steve a PM. He was literally minutes late with claiming dibs on my cat. He really seemed excited about it, but then I gave him a swift kick to the nuts when I told him Michelle already agreed to adopt. I'm sure Steve would provide a great home for them.

DirtyMax
03-08-2009, 03:10 PM
edit.............

DirtyMax
03-09-2009, 09:24 AM
The cats have gone to a great home! Thanks, BCM!