PDA

View Full Version : Why men shouldn't write advice columns

michelle
07-31-2008, 06:08 AM
Dear Walter:

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor lady. I am 32, my husband is 34, and we have been married for twelve years.

When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires.
If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

Walter

twirkin50
07-31-2008, 06:29 AM
I would suspect a fuel issue as well.

Prince Valiant
07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
something's going wrong when it's hitting "closed loop" operation imo...probably a bad O2 sensor or something along those lines.

Poncho
07-31-2008, 08:49 AM
could be a dead alternator draining the battery till it can't even run under it's own power.

Ricky Bobby
07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
could be faulty injectors also if all it will do is spit and sputter

Al
07-31-2008, 11:40 AM
It seems that most of you have forgotten that this is a woman driver that we are talking about.

The car is out of gas.

:goof

CobraSnake
07-31-2008, 01:31 PM
It seems that most of you have forgotten that this is a woman driver that we are talking about.

The car is out of gas.

hahahahha

Poncho
07-31-2008, 01:54 PM

The car is out of gas.

I dunno I had to take Jeremy into work last Thursday........... his car wouldn't start.............

IT WAS OUT OF GAS (due to it being on a hill the fuel couldn't get to the pump)

michelle
07-31-2008, 06:08 PM
I ran out of gas a month or so ago. It was really embarrassing. Even Bob made fun of me.

Z28Roxy
07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
I've seen a few variations of this, but still funny nonetheless.

STANMAN
07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I ran out of gas a month or so ago. It was really embarrassing. Even Bob made fun of me.

Hey, at least I offered to help.......while making fun of you:rolf

Z28Roxy
07-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey, at least I offered to help.......while making fun of you:rolf

Only time I almost ran out of gas is when I didn't know the caprice's fuel door was behind the license plate. :chair:

Berettaspeed
07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
that guy sucks as a tech. he needs to stick with changing oil.

what a loser. i hate people that say it could be "blank" with no testing. hell it could be ANYTHING then!

end of rant.

CATNHAT
07-31-2008, 09:21 PM
You guys have it all wrong. Sounds to me like she should put out more often, and get a job.

Problem solved.

Berettaspeed
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
You guys have it all wrong. Sounds to me like she should put out more often, and get a job.

Problem solved.

i think the pooter would fix alot of her problems, but i think she has a job..

CATNHAT
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
i think the pooter would fix alot of her problems, but i think she has a job..

I meant, get a better job.

Thanks for the correction.

STANMAN
07-31-2008, 09:48 PM
How ancient is this article? It could be low pressure to the float chamber of the CARBURETOR? On a car that a woman drives as a DD? I guess it could just be from down south to:rolf