PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Dells

flyin_blue_egg
07-30-2008, 08:16 PM
going up there on the 10th of Aug. and was wondering if anyone on here knows of any good places to go to eat/do something fun up there??

thanks

CobaltSSTuner
07-30-2008, 08:20 PM
drunken go-carting is always fun

70 cutlass 442
07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
im going up the 8th ang 9th leaving the 10th, come up a day early and get fvked up with us

Reverend Cooper
07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
there is a restaurant called the COVE. it is straight out of the dells on highway 23 on the left side of the road its about 10 minutes. Kurt Vanscoyk and his son Brad own the place,they have some of the best steaks and fish you will get in that area. If you go tell the hostess Diane (Kurts wife) that Coop. sent you in to eat. they will take great care of you, it is a relaxed atmosphere on the lake. Brad is a great friend of mine of many years,he even video taped my wedding.

Korndogg
07-30-2008, 08:23 PM
i was going up on the 9th and 10th but i dont think im going anymore.

tommyt5078
07-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Tommy Bartlett show ?!?!?!

Went and saw it on the 26th of May, good show!

flyin_blue_egg
im going up the 8th ang 9th leaving the 10th, come up a day early and get fvked up with us

would take you up on the offer, but it's gonna be a vaction with the wife.

CobaltSSTuner
wow seems like everybody is gonna be up there next week...i'm going up 5th to the 9th

michelle
07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
wow seems like everybody is gonna be up there next week...i'm going up 5th to the 9th

Do they have a Culver's everyone can hang out at?

CobaltSSTuner
07-30-2008, 09:13 PM
why you gotta take shots at me lol.... and btw, i've hung out at culvers once all summer....so yea!

That_Guy
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
drunken go-carting is always fun

you me 5-9 strait up drunkin go-karting!

CobaltSSTuner
07-30-2008, 09:51 PM
its on like donkey kong

badass88gt
07-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Marleys is really good. We were just there for a few days 2 weeks ago. We're going down Saturday just for th eday to hit Noah's Ark.

LIZMO
07-30-2008, 10:08 PM
you can take some sweet pics of your sweet ride yo

xxtremeteam
07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
cruising chubbys? just kidding, theres a drive in theater,ducks are cool,wild thing jet boat,looking at going up for my wifes bday to do a dinner cruise on the upper dells boats,so much to do I love the dells

flyin_blue_egg
07-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Marleys is really good. We were just there for a few days 2 weeks ago. We're going down Saturday just for th eday to hit Noah's Ark.

we went up to the dells a few years back and i got the mahi mahi there....oooo was it good

2000navyz
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
tommy bartlet show, wasnt that on lake delton? pretty sure lake delton is now a sandy/dirt pit...

CobaltSSTuner
07-30-2008, 11:00 PM
good call^

70 cutlass 442
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
id be game to mee tup with you guys if you didnt drive cobalts!!! J/k, Pm me, well be goign ot the bars that friday night

flyin_blue_egg
07-30-2008, 11:03 PM
tommy bartlet show, wasnt that on lake delton? pretty sure lake delton is now a sandy/dirt pit...

yea...they're still doing the stage part of the show....just not the water part obviously

lordairgtar
07-30-2008, 11:13 PM
http://www.valuworld.com/usa/wi/supermall/County/Columbia/wisconsin_dells/luck/index.htm
I like this place. It's a small out of the way place and doesn't look like much, but is a lot of fun plus the food is pretty good for pub food. Might get to see some of the stuff from Lake Delton (just kidding) Just check out all the dollar bills tacked onto the wall and ceiling from people traveling through.

Z06 KID
07-30-2008, 11:20 PM
moose jaw, pizza pub, paul bunyans, and that big amusement park is pretty fun too

those are all of the places id recommend

CobraSnake
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
moose jaw, pizza pub, paul bunyans, and that big amusement park is pretty fun too

This place sucks!!!! I went there once and was ranting and raving about how much bacon and over easy eggs I was going to eat. Never been there before so I didn't think anything of it. I get in there and all they have is scrambled eggs and sauage.

Mark

PureSound15
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Moose Jaw is a pretty nice place, good brews too!

jbiscuit
07-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Agree on the good beers at Moose Jaw! Good fish fry too!

DirtyMax
07-31-2008, 10:52 AM

All of these are good calls! A+

This place sucks!!!! I went there once and was ranting and raving about how much bacon and over easy eggs I was going to eat. Never been there before so I didn't think anything of it. I get in there and all they have is scrambled eggs and sauage.

Mark

So because you assumed they'd have something they didn't, they're the ones that suck?!?!? :confused

badass88gt
07-31-2008, 03:10 PM

Mark

LOL, lame. So someone told you something completely wrong, and now the restaurant sucks? Wow.

CobraSnake
07-31-2008, 03:23 PM
All of these are good calls! A+

So because you assumed they'd have something they didn't, they're the ones that suck?!?!? :confused
well I didn't really wanna type the whole story I was being lazy. This friend of my wifes told us about it and said its "ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST" So me and everyone are in line waiting to get in. Me and my buddy were talking about how much bacon and over easy eggs we were going to eat. She said shes been there 100's of times and we countless talked about the bacon and over easy eggs and she assured that yes its ALL BREAKFAST FOODS ALL YOU CAN EAT. So I guess that why I kinda got pissed off. I liked the donuts they had though but, I guess i'm just not that much of a scambled egg and sauage kinda guy.

Mark

CobraSnake
07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
LOL, lame. So someone told you something completely wrong, and now the restaurant sucks? Wow.

first impression's are the strongest impression.

Mark

boostaddict14
07-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Marley's, shopping, noah's ark and everytime i go up there i always go to the house on the rock.

2000navyz
07-31-2008, 04:56 PM
everytime i go to the dells i always seem to stay at the wilderness. I love the atmosphere in the dells. idk why but no matter what time of the year ive always had fun.

good story...
myself and two other members from here (70challenger+purpl72olds) ended up meeting some random chicks in the hottub at the wilderness. we then saw them again at marleys, found out they had rented a limo. they asked us to join them for the rest of the night. long story short....we ended up back at there $500,000 condo at wilderness on the lake sitting in there whirtub w/ all of them....dont really remember to much from that night....it musta been fun though:durr

Inspector13
08-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Moose Jaw is good, Cove is real good, Monk's (downtown) has some BITCHEN burgers!! Marley's is alright, good food and at night is alright, but alot of tourists go there and try acting like Billy Badass. Traffic sucks balls during the summer and the cops are hardcore twats and arn't compatent enought to piss themselfs let alone enforce the law. The Showboat and Nig's are pretty good bars. Chubby's is alright and Paradise is ok as far as titty bars go.

Yeah I live about 30-45 minutes from the Dells and some of my friends bounce at Marley's and I know a few dancers that used to work at Paradise. :headbang

whitepony
08-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Normally I love going Kayaking there, and the upper dells boat tour is pretty cool when you get to get off and go walk amongst the caverns. However, since lake delton is unavailable this year....
Sounds corny but, its really fun is Wizard Quest It kinda makes you feel like your 10 again which is a blast, Go karting is fun and i really like Famous Dave's BBQ.
If your on a budget this is also good:
http://www.dellscoupons.com/

Have Fun! :)

Josepy
08-01-2008, 11:15 AM
paul bunyans friggin rules. i was there 2 weeks ago.

If you want a really good meal go to Fields Steakhouse. Be prepared to pay for it though. Mine and the wifes meal was $130. Plus I was drinking. Food was excellent and they wait on you hand and foot there.

whitepony
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
oh yeah, there's also pirates cove & Timber Falls (mini golf) and Noah's ark (water park) which are huge attractions

Josepy
08-01-2008, 11:18 AM
well I didn't really wanna type the whole story I was being lazy. This friend of my wifes told us about it and said its "ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST" So me and everyone are in line waiting to get in. Me and my buddy were talking about how much bacon and over easy eggs we were going to eat. She said shes been there 100's of times and we countless talked about the bacon and over easy eggs and she assured that yes its ALL BREAKFAST FOODS ALL YOU CAN EAT. So I guess that why I kinda got pissed off. I liked the donuts they had though but, I guess i'm just not that much of a scambled egg and sauage kinda guy.

Mark

The paul bunyans are all kinda different. Like the one in the dells has biscuits and gravy also. The one up north in minoqua does not. That one has bacon.
I have never been to a Paul Bunyans that has served eggs over easy. Always scrambled. I think your friend was trying to screw with you.

CobraSnake
08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
The paul bunyans are all kinda different. Like the one in the dells has biscuits and gravy also. The one up north in minoqua does not. That one has bacon.
I have never been to a Paul Bunyans that has served eggs over easy. Always scrambled. I think your friend was trying to screw with you.

I believe that was the case also. I was so unbelievably pissed about it too. Not at the resturant just at the situation. I was basically building myself up to be pissed I guess. If I just wouldn't have cared then it wouldn't have been such a dissappointment. Oh well.

Mark

flyin_blue_egg
08-01-2008, 01:02 PM
there is a restaurant called the COVE. it is straight out of the dells on highway 23 on the left side of the road its about 10 minutes. Kurt Vanscoyk and his son Brad own the place,they have some of the best steaks and fish you will get in that area. If you go tell the hostess Diane (Kurts wife) that Coop. sent you in to eat. they will take great care of you, it is a relaxed atmosphere on the lake. Brad is a great friend of mine of many years,he even video taped my wedding.

i'll keep this place in mind....the trip is a mini honeymoon of sorts as we can't afford to do much else right now

70 cutlass 442
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
has anyone fed the deer up there? thats probably 75% of the reason im going.

rally_scort
08-01-2008, 01:23 PM
has anyone fed the deer up there? thats probably 75% of the reason im going.

your probably the only person on here that cant swim, thats why :goof

CobaltSSTuner
08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
id be game to mee tup with you guys if you didnt drive cobalts!!! J/k, Pm me, well be goign ot the bars that friday night

ouch.....if you didnt drive a 442 i wouldnt consider allowing you to come out with us :alcoholic