PDA

View Full Version : Wowwww

gottwins?
07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
So I was driving around with the Z this weekend, Iwas going along national when I saw a car show at the pick n save right off 13th n national.
When I got there I saw big puerto rican flags waiving around the show and it turned out it was a car show made by the puerto rican committee of milwaukee. So I thought cool, I will enter my car and support the hispanic community. So I entered the Z in the import class which in the show which consisted of me, 2 RICED out civics, a riced out old celica, and a shit brown 89 toyota wagon. So I figured hey my odds of winning first place are pretty damn good, the more I saw the other imports the more confident I got.

So when trophy time came by, the old celica with the 2 spoke wavy chrome rims, lip gloss glittery purple paintjob, shaggin carpet interior and fake lambo doors that dont even close like the real ones won first place!!! I could not believe it....so then I figured umm ok I can win 2nd...WRONG. Some bright ass yellow civic with airbag suspension, bodykit, and supra tailight conversion won 2nd...and to top it off, 3rd place was won by the 89 shitbrown totally stock toyta wagon.:punch:

All I want to know is what the hell has happened to this world? I mean, I can possibly understand the totally tacky ricers winning but the stock toyota wagon? are you serious? I had 3 random people come up to me at the end and asked me how it was possible that I lost to those cars.

In the end I won a raffle for the car show "official shirt" with a P.R. flag on it, since im mexican i had no problem doing a burnout on my way out and throwing their shirt back at them. Ive gone to many carshows this year (st. domincs, grafton off the top of my head) and I knew my car is not up to that level yet but this was rediculous.

/end vent

Yooformula
07-29-2008, 07:43 PM
hahahahahahaha. thats a BIG reason why this board usually hosts a good car show.

nismodave
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
You first problem was driving around 13th and national............

gottwins?
07-29-2008, 07:47 PM

I love latinas :Hump

STANMAN
07-29-2008, 07:56 PM
So I was driving around with the Z this weekend, Iwas going along national when I saw a car show at the pick n save right off 13th n national.
When I got there I saw big puerto rican flags waiving around the show and it turned out it was a car show made by the puerto rican committee of milwaukee. So I thought cool, I will enter my car and support the hispanic community. So I entered the Z in the import class which in the show which consisted of me, 2 RICED out civics, a riced out old celica, and a shit brown 89 toyota wagon. So I figured hey my odds of winning first place are pretty damn good, the more I saw the other imports the more confident I got.

So when trophy time came by, the old celica with the 2 spoke wavy chrome rims, lip gloss glittery purple paintjob, shaggin carpet interior and fake lambo doors that dont even close like the real ones won first place!!! I could not believe it....so then I figured umm ok I can win 2nd...WRONG. Some bright ass yellow civic with airbag suspension, bodykit, and supra tailight conversion won 2nd...and to top it off, 3rd place was won by the 89 shitbrown totally stock toyta wagon.:punch:

All I want to know is what the hell has happened to this world? I mean, I can possibly understand the totally tacky ricers winning but the stock toyota wagon? are you serious? I had 3 random people come up to me at the end and asked me how it was possible that I lost to those cars.

In the end I won a raffle for the car show "official shirt" with a P.R. flag on it, since im mexican i had no problem doing a burnout on my way out and throwing their shirt back at them. Ive gone to many carshows this year (st. domincs, grafton off the top of my head) and I knew my car is not up to that level yet but this was rediculous.

/end vent

Amen. One thing I learned from going to LOTS of car shows, 99% of them are rigged in one manner or another, don't let it get to you. And for Christs sake, don't call attention to it or else you'll be labeled as a whiney trophy hunter. If I didn't have that title already, lol. But yeah, sounds like a stuffed box, pretty common at car shows.

Berettaspeed
07-29-2008, 09:00 PM

/end vent

were you in goodyear this past saturday?? with the bad rim?

JC70SS
07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Agreed on the car show scene. St. Dominics is the biggest Fricking joke on earth....I hate that show!!!

Troutman
07-29-2008, 10:30 PM

yea...what Dave said

gottwins?
07-29-2008, 10:30 PM
were you in goodyear this past saturday?? with the bad rim?

Yep, how did you know?

nismodave
07-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Ya know, all trophys do is collect dust.

I get more satisfaction having one person genuinely interested and compliment my car than a room full of trophys.

I was never judged at Dominics show this year, but the quality of cars was great.

u_say_go
07-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Amen. One thing I learned from going to LOTS of car shows, 99% of them are rigged in one manner or another, don't let it get to you. And for Christs sake, don't call attention to it or else you'll be labeled as a whiney trophy hunter. If I didn't have that title already, lol. But yeah, sounds like a stuffed box, pretty common at car shows.
still cryin' about that huh!? Listen to Dave, he made a good point about car shows and trophies. My old man's got a room full of them, I'll grab a couple for you to put on the mantle.

ps. saw you flyin' down Hwy 45 sunday night...car looked good. when's the house warming party?

STANMAN
07-29-2008, 11:15 PM
still cryin' about that huh!? Listen to Dave, he made a good point about car shows and trophies. My old man's got a room full of them, I'll grab a couple for you to put on the mantle.

ps. saw you flyin' down Hwy 45 sunday night...car looked good. when's the house warming party?

LOL, I was just trying to save someone the pain I went through last year both by the wondering WTF like this guy, and the catching grief I subsequently recieved. It's like looking back in time trying to help someone NOT do the same thing.

And from the fishing thing, if you want to catch 1-3lb bass all day, you're welcome to come fish my subdivisions private pond!!!

gottwins?
07-29-2008, 11:30 PM
I agree and understand dave but the point of this was not about the trophy, but the wacky taste of people these days.:flipoff2:

nismodave
07-29-2008, 11:37 PM
I always say, half of the people in America are Democrats. So I usually dont trust the judgement of half the people I meet.

And again, look where the show was held.

I love Milwaukee, but the taste people have, not so much.

lordairgtar
07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
So do I, but 13th and National? Ew!! Was it a judged show or a voted show? Voted shows will bring out the ballot stuffers. A random car club will pick one of their own to vote for and that will tip the votes to favor that particular car. Some guys who thought they were doing me a favor several years ago voted for my car. The classes were divided by years, so I was against any 80s car there. When I pulled a second place over a really nice Camaro, the Camaro owner was really peeved about it when my old 83 wagon got a trophy over his. I can't blame the guy for feeling that way.

pOrk
07-29-2008, 11:53 PM
The yellow civic sounds like my Buddy Jeff's old car, been to hell and back since he sold it.

gottwins?
07-29-2008, 11:54 PM
So do I, but 13th and National? Ew!! Was it a judged show or a voted show? Voted shows will bring out the ballot stuffers. A random car club will pick one of their own to vote for and that will tip the votes to favor that particular car. Some guys who thought they were doing me a favor several years ago voted for my car. The classes were divided by years, so I was against any 80s car there. When I pulled a second place over a really nice Camaro, the Camaro owner was really peeved about it when my old 83 wagon got a trophy over his. I can't blame the guy for feeling that way.

There was only one judge. :durr

I was making my way to mitchell street btw :banana

lordairgtar
07-29-2008, 11:58 PM
There was only one judge. :durr

I was making my way to mitchell street btw :banana
...and prolly friends of the weiners, er...I mean winners. Mitchell street is my old stomping grounds years ago when it was mostly Polish people living nearby. I still like it though. I miss Goldmann's

gottwins?
07-30-2008, 12:06 AM
...and prolly friends of the weiners, er...I mean winners. Mitchell street is my old stomping grounds years ago when it was mostly Polish people living nearby. I still like it though. I miss Goldmann's

lol that must have been a while ago since its already starting to change ethinicity again....it usto be mostly latino...the north side is moving down now.

CannotPost
07-30-2008, 08:20 AM
i had no problem doing a burnout on my way out and throwing their shirt back at them. /end vent

Epic! :rolf:rolf:rolf:goof:rolf:headbang

PureSound15
07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Well... that's the reason why we have decided to have the BCM show a "Show and Shine" event.

I'll be honest, I don't have a car to show... yet. So I do the show so that I can have some kind of tie with it, plus I have a passion for every kind of car and love the automotive community since I had years in the industry.

I think tropheys are cool, and I think that we'd draw a larger crowd if we were a judged show, but at the same time... nobody can say anything negative about our show. Everyone walks away knowing the contributed to a good cause and maybe they'll win a raffle prize.

There's a foot for every shoe... but man, I really don't understand some peoples taste.

Troutman
07-30-2008, 11:03 AM
In the end I won a raffle for the car show "official shirt" with a P.R. flag on it, since im mexican i had no problem doing a burnout on my way out and throwing their shirt back at them.

because i like you, i'll be honest..thats about the dumbest thing you could have done. there was no need to be disrespectful because you lost...regardless of how ghey the show was. so now someone there that may have taken offense to what you did...might return the favor the next time they see your car. everytime im out with my car im polite to everyone i meet....because im nice and because i dont want anyone messing with my car.

granted in your opinion those cars were ghey..... but keep in mind you are at a car show where things are judged by modifications..not by personal taste. sure i like winning a trophy, but like dave said all they do is collect dust and cob-webs and fall off the cabinet when you punch it because something else on the car broke.
i go to shows not for 2 feet of plastic, but to see other cool cars, talk with people, and make friends/connections...which i have made a ton of because of my car. yes i have won a few trophies..but the best reward i have gotten was when some 70 year old guy got down on the ground looked under my car and said "DAMN!"...which was followed by a guy that said "pfff, f'n import".

so get over it....if you want a trophy that bad, i promise i wont show up at the next show.:D

Berettaspeed
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Yep, how did you know?

I work there. i was going to ask you, but was a bit busy and plus i wasnt sure if you were up for talking. hole in rim.... not a good start for the day.

gottwins?
07-30-2008, 12:19 PM
so get over it....if you want a trophy that bad, i promise i wont show up at the next show.:D

You better show up to every show! I really dont care to make friends or enemies with these people....even when I won the raffle for the damn shirt the guy that was announcing it was like "you?! no way??" Maybe I looked like a cocky bastard when I paid for a hot girl with a mint orange chevelle to enter the show.

BigSnailBuick
07-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Hahahah good story. The fact of the matter is the judges are buddies with those junk pits and were mad someone with a little cash and taste entered their woop ass car in teh contest. Next time dont bother just park the thing next to the show and enjoy a good laugh at the cars in it :)

gottwins?
07-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Hahahah good story. The fact of the matter is the judges are buddies with those junk pits and were mad someone with a little cash and taste entered their woop ass car in teh contest. Next time dont bother just park the thing next to the show and enjoy a good laugh at the cars in it :)

Exactly what im going to do next time.

Al
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM

I'll second that...untill they get old and fat.

Berettaspeed
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
I'll second that...untill they get old and fat.

i see alot of hot older hispanic women. they tend to age slower. :) at least more than other races.

it just pisses me off alot of really hot ones are hairy. thats what i hate. damn spanish blood!!!