PDA

View Full Version : So Favre faxed his reinstatement papers...

badass88gt
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
....and now Green Bay has 24 hours to respond, either release him or return him to their active roster. Whatcha think will happen?

Karps TA
07-29-2008, 07:03 PM
The Packers will excuse Favre from workouts, and nothing will happen for another 2 weeks until a QB get's hurt.

GRAMPS SS
07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
they'll kiss his azz and let him throw another interception and screw them from another super bowl....i feel sorry for Rogers in all this..has a chance to be QB and #4 is stealing the thunder and spotlight...jmo...but can his azz,,,

Reverend Cooper
07-29-2008, 08:08 PM
bigger ? is who the fvck cares

Karps TA
07-29-2008, 08:31 PM
bigger ? is who the fvck cares

I care. I'm not real interested in seeing us go through 5-6 years of our versions of Qunicy Carter, Drew Henson, Ryan Leaf, Anthony Wright, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Bledsoe...

I know it's coming regardless, but I'd like to hold it off as long as I can. Until Rodger shows he can answer the bell 2 weeks in a row, I'll never feel sorry for the guy.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Does Brett come on BCM? Thats GOTTA be where he's getting 'drama bug' from.

CobaltSSTuner
07-30-2008, 01:10 AM
^^hahaha

I hope like hell they trade him or release him. I like brett favre, he's one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL, but he should have taken more time and thought about what he wanted to do before he gave his "retirement speech." He said he was going to retire, so the packers followed the necessary steps to pick up the "slack" that favre left behind. You can't tell Aaron rodgers that he is going to start, draft another QB in the draft, and then when brett favre's midlife crisis kicks in, tell rodgers to sit another year or so, thats wrong. And thats tough for me to say, being a favre fan.

pOrk
07-30-2008, 02:39 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Spike_Fury/failboat2.jpg

GTSLOW
07-30-2008, 02:56 AM
i feel sorry for Rogers in all this..has a chance to be QB and #4 is stealing the thunder and spotlight...jmo...but can his azz,,,

No sh!t.

T-Bag
07-30-2008, 06:51 AM
This is good news for the Bucs

DirtyMax
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I think he'll be a Viking, a Packer, or stay a retiree.

Minnesota is only a QB away from being an actual contender. Their D is great and Adrian Peterson proved he was the real deal. It's been proven that Favre can make ho-hum wide receivers into studs.

I don't think he is very interested in a team missing all the pieces that TB or NYJ are. He's got 1 year, 2 tops and probably wants to go to a team that's on the cusp.

Whatever happens, I hope it happens soon because I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing about it every 3 minutes on Sportscenter....

mrz28M6
07-30-2008, 12:24 PM
i'm thinking tampa bay because gruden was his old coach!!

Anakonda69
07-30-2008, 12:35 PM
if they want a chance at winning they need to let him beat out rodgers for his starting job and win some games....rodgers pulled his hamstring sitting on the bench.....wonder what will happen when he has to take a real hit......favre FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troutman
07-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Whatever happens, I hope it happens soon because I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing about it every 3 minutes on Sportscenter....

x2..hell id rather watch tournament poker highlights..than hear this Diva's named mentioned one more time

Smokey1226
07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Man you guys dont watch a whole lotta sports do ya?

1) Ted T would NEVER trade him to Minny, not only because they are in our same division but becuse with brett they would atleast be a Playoff team. With being a playoff team their 1st round pick would be higher than 25 and most likely higher than our #1 would be with Rodgers at the helm.

That would be taking a step backwards.

2)They wouldnt go to Tampa either, because Gruden would never give up a #1 pick. With Garcia's performance late last year, and then causing drama if Favre went there it would be a bad move.

3) Favre would have to agree on any trade contract first.....no one is going to pay him HUGE $$$$ for only 1 year of work. Unless it was a team that had a chance to go to the superbowl this year only. So that takes the Jet's outta it, and Minny would be on the only one....but again Ted wouldnt accept their 1st Round pick for him its too late in the draft.

4) he will play for us, and share time with Rodgers. Rodgers will get hurt and Favre will lead us to NFC North championship.

kthx

Lastly- If any of you were true Packers Fans, you would honestly know what Favre has done for this team over the years. He deserves a Starting role at QB even if he was 50. He is a Top 5 QB of all time, and im My opinion the way he plays game in and game out he is the best of all time.

This year, with another year for the young Def (who is amazing), the young OL, and the amazing set of WR's it could be money!

70 cutlass 442
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
just let the guy play, they are obviously scared of him playing against him, so why not let him play for them. rodgers will get hurt rite away anyways.

DynoTom
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
rodgers will get hurt rite away anyways.

Yep, he will go out with a injury early in the season....

Smokey1226
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Im with you guys on that!

DirtyMax
07-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Man you guys dont watch a whole lotta sports do ya?

1) Ted T would NEVER trade him to Minny, not only because they are in our same division but becuse with brett they would atleast be a Playoff team. With being a playoff team their 1st round pick would be higher than 25 and most likely higher than our #1 would be with Rodgers at the helm.

That would be taking a step backwards.

2)They wouldnt go to Tampa either, because Gruden would never give up a #1 pick. With Garcia's performance late last year, and then causing drama if Favre went there it would be a bad move.

3) Favre would have to agree on any trade contract first.....no one is going to pay him HUGE $$$$ for only 1 year of work. Unless it was a team that had a chance to go to the superbowl this year only. So that takes the Jet's outta it, and Minny would be on the only one....but again Ted wouldnt accept their 1st Round pick for him its too late in the draft.

4) he will play for us, and share time with Rodgers. Rodgers will get hurt and Favre will lead us to NFC North championship.

kthx

Lastly- If any of you were true Packers Fans, you would honestly know what Favre has done for this team over the years. He deserves a Starting role at QB even if he was 50. He is a Top 5 QB of all time, and im My opinion the way he plays game in and game out he is the best of all time.

This year, with another year for the young Def (who is amazing), the young OL, and the amazing set of WR's it could be money!

1. Whos to say that he can't/won't end up MN via another team. It'd be a lot of legal BS for GB to put all these restrictions on a trade. When you trade a player, it's the next teams decision what they want to do with him.

2. TB doesn't want Favre and Faver doesnt want TB at this point. Several teams other than MN have reached out to him/his agent and you know how many they've returned calls to???... zero.

3. You're right.. Favre can veto any trade. So if he's only got one team in his mind that he wants to go to, he can hold firm to that. At that point, the Packers will either have to have a $12M backup or just cut him loose.They might not have a choice where he ends up if he plays hardball about where he'd go.

4. The Packers no longer owe him anything. He gave a tear-filled heart-felt retirement speech, so they prepared to move on. That'd be like you leaving a company, they bring in a new guy, then 6 months later you miss it so you expect them to just let this other guy go because you want your job back. Plus, Ted Thompson wants to form his own legacy and #4 is the last remaining key piece of the Wolf era. So that brings up another analogy. You quit your job... you did a great job at it but your "boss" didn't like you for personal reasons but would never fire you because you did a great job so he does just enough (or doesn't do enough) to help you out so you end up wanting to quit... so now the boss gets his hand-picked selection in the driver's seat and you decide you want to come back. Of course, he's going to tell you to pound sand.

He may very well be the best option for the team but Ted Thompson is flexing his ego here and he seems to have Murphy's support.

The Packers have the cap room to leave Brett sit and he'll go friggin stir crazy if he's not playing. The man is nearing 40 years old. No matter how big of a stud someone is, age eventually catches up with you. Practicing with the backups isn't going to keep him sharp at his age.

Love the guy to death but if they don't want him, they owe it to him to set him out to pasture. If they're that afraid of him being such a playmaker still, why don't they just swallow their pride and take him back?!?!?

Smokey1226
07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Love the guy to death but if they don't want him, they owe it to him to set him out to pasture. If they're that afraid of him being such a playmaker still, why don't they just swallow their pride and take him back?!?!?

Thats what im trying to say. If they are planning on going anywhere with Rodgers it isnt going to happen within 5 years. hell i dont even think he is good enough to ever get us to that point.

Anytime Favre is on the field something special can happen at any time.

I dont care if he is 40-45....when your that good you never lose your Vision. The key to working with someone who isnt young anymore is restructureing your playbook to work with whats going on. Look at what happened when they went 4 or 5 wide and got 10 yards at a crack. That happened game after game after game. Ya the Deep bombs are great but you can win championships with 8-10yards at a crack. They were quick plays, he never got hit, no chance of errors.

We all watched the same guy last year, we were 3 points within going to the SUPERBOWL.....yes the Superbowl. As a business man that Murphy is.....you wont make big money if your team isnt making it to the PLayoffs.

He can compete, hell Favre right now is STILL better than 3/4 of the QBs in the league! < you cant argue that! And still has a Brilliant way about him to make things happen. Underarm tosses, taking a hit and staying up, play action pass that puts Mannings to shame.

Yooformula
07-30-2008, 02:44 PM
wow how the sentiments have changed in 1 season. I remember before last year, EVERYONE wanted his ass gone.

Karps TA
07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
That's GB fans for the most part. Short term memories. Actually in all fairness it's probably most sports fans today.

People just assume that a team will find another QB quickly. Ask Miami how easy it's been since Marino left. Or Denver after Elway, or San Fran after Young, or heck Chicago after McMahon. Some teams in our division haven't had a good QB in 20 years plus.

I remember very well life before Favre as a Packer fan. Those were not good times.

DirtyMax
07-30-2008, 02:59 PM
That magic was 6 months ago and truthfully, in the bitter cold NFC Championship game, he looked old and cold and not happy to be there. As did he in the shitty weather Bear game. Both of the young QB's on the other side in those games seemed to handle the elements better than he did. That's probably why he wants to go to MN to assure himself of playing 1/2 his games indoors. It's not a secret that as you get older, your body is less adaptable to extreme weather.

Has anyone ever made mention if he even stayed in shape this offseason? Tossing the rock around to a bunch of HS kids the past few weeks isn't how he probably typically prepared during the offseason.

He also had a really good O-Line who kept him on his feet for the most part.

I say both Farve and GB are being selfish at this point and it's just ruining the future these two (he and the team) will have with one another This is the type of guy you want hanging around your team 10-20 years from now like Bart Starr does today. You don't think this is lighting a match under the bridge??

Smokey1226
07-30-2008, 03:08 PM
^^ I cant argue with that. Your right, and no its def not a good thing. It's probably the worst thing the rest of the team wants in the locker room.

But on the other hand, i really think the ENTIRE team needs to sit down. That includes every player and really needs to talk about whats BEST for the team. Not whats best for the Business.

Now would something like that ever happen?!? Doubt it lol

badass88gt
07-30-2008, 03:10 PM
I really think you guys are being too harsh on Rodgers. I think once the guy gets on the field week after week he will do just fine. He's had some stupid injuries, but how much "seat time" has he had? Give him a chance. Tell the crybaby whiny egomaniac to get bent. Put him back on the active roster and let him sit on the bench, and IF Rodgers gets hurt again, then Brett can hit the field.

DirtyMax
07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Nope. Teddy T is runnin' Marshall Law now. I heard on 1250AM that the only receiver who hasn't crossed over and hopped aboard the Rodgers bandwagon 100% is Driver, which I guess is understandable.

Karps TA
07-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Harsh on Rodgers? EVERY opportunity he's had he's gotten hurt. You can't win alot of games sitting on the sidelines with a boo boo.

Every preseason he was outplayed by the 3rd string guy with 3rd string talent.

Yes he played okay in Dallas, mostly cause he was running around, and Dallas just played prevent. When Dallas got out of prevent, they shut him right down.

I'm admittingly very biased though. I hated him as a draft pick. Wasn't impressed with him in college. So my expectations of the guy could not be lower unless he was missing an arm

70 cutlass 442
07-30-2008, 04:37 PM
/\/\ could not have been said better. mccarthy wants to goto the superbowl, but we all know that wont happen with rodgers.

05caddyext
07-30-2008, 05:30 PM
It wont happen if they start Favre either. They have a much tougher schedule this year. I would also like to know why no one ever asks another very realistic question which is... What if Favre does start, and he gets hurt? Then what? Its not very probably, but it can happen at any time, especially at that age. Marino looked like a robot on the field when he was nearing the end of his career.

Karps TA
07-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Marino also had an achilles injury and wasn't really mobile to begin with. His quick release was his escapability.

And if he gets hurt, then Rodgers gets to play, then Brohm gets to play the following week.

GRAMPS SS
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM
thought he had in his contract ...a no trade clause.....if so...let his azz sit for 3 seasons...he has 2 years left on his contract...right??????? so 2 years is 3 seasons...let him rot on the bench.that way he won't throw anymore interceptions......or just frecking pay off his contract and let him go back to mississippi........i hate the #4 now....

if there was a trade..just say if...i heard tthis today which makes sence....the trade would be like a rummage sale..and an item for big $$$$$$$$$$$$ in on the table for sale...well they want to much for the item...so it doesn't sell..what happens to the item....it gets tossed in the GARBAGE...

Jeff
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
On his way to Green Bay!

u_say_go
07-31-2008, 09:55 PM
everyone's a scout when it comes to judging talent. :loser Remember 17 years ago when everyone was on the "Magic Man" bandwagon, and cried the blues when he went down and this stupid redneck Favre loser came into the game? Nobody thought he'd turn out to be the player he is/was. Who's to say Rodger's wont end up being great?
Favre will take "marketing/merchandise" contract and live happily ever after cutting down trees in Mississippi...collecting $2million a year for the next 10 years.
Green Bay doesn't want him playing for another team simply because he generates WAYYY too much money for them, being associated with the Packers. That's all this is folks, just Green Bay covering their asses and trying to retain the Favre name.

05caddyext
08-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Remember 17 years ago when everyone was on the "Magic Man" bandwagon, and cried the blues when he went down and this stupid redneck Favre loser came into the game? Nobody thought he'd turn out to be the player he is/was. Who's to say Rodger's wont end up being great?

Remember when Rodgers came in for Favre last year and got hurt right away? Thats the difference. And thats a pretty BIG difference. Favre went in for Magic and won the game, and oh yeah, he played every single game after that for the next 17 years. Apples to oranges, always a fair comparison.:chair:

ProjectCamaro
08-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Remember when Rodgers came in for Favre last year and got hurt right away? Thats the difference. And thats a pretty BIG difference. Favre went in for Magic and won the game, and oh yeah, he played every single game after that for the next 17 years. Apples to oranges, always a fair comparison.:chair:

Remember when Rogers came in for Favre against the Cowboy's? He out played Favre up and down the field.

05caddyext
08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Right. No disputing that. And then he got hurt immediately. Wasn't it during that game? If not, it was during the week, because Favre started the next week, still injured.

Yooformula
08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
man do you guys forget when Favre was hopped up on painkillers for a LONG time? Every qb gets hurts.

moels
08-01-2008, 09:21 PM
He was addicted to painkillers for awhile and he also drank a bit for awhile. I really can't fault him and give him credit for getting over that and being able to play at 39. Try running around in traffic with a sign that says " hit me " on your back and chest and see if you don't seek some relief. lol

Yooformula
08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
sorry but MANY other players play with pain also and I havent heard of too many that are addicted to painkillers. I know he is a GB hero but come on.....he is NOT a god.

moels
08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
sorry but MANY other players play with pain also and I havent heard of too many that are addicted to painkillers. I know he is a GB hero but come on.....he is NOT a god.

Totally agree, but I would bet that there are other players that have done the same or are doing the same. I am not excusing what he did, just trying to put it into perspective a little bit. He got over the painkillers and alcohol and has had a pretty good career. That's all I was saying.

Yooformula
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
yeah I hear you, just so sick of reading, hearing and watching this nonsense. HE RETIRED for crying out loud.....let it go Brett!

moels
08-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I am torn on the issue. I would love to see him play in Green Bay, but not on another team. Also, I wouldn't mind if it was Rodger's time. We'll see what happens, it's not in our control.