PDA

View Full Version : 76 Dodge Truck 400 4spd 4wd

Moparjim
07-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Trying this again, this time I'm just looking to move the whole truck if possible. Its a 76 full time 4wd, with a GREAT running 400, and rare big block 4 speed, long bed. I just played around with it today and the truck runs great, drives about as well as a 76 should, and everything works. Everything major like brakes and tires and etc. are in good shape. About the only issue mechanically is the clutch while it works excellent it chatters a bit when slipping into reverse its most noticable. It is common on these trucks, several I have been in have had the same issue. Again, the clutch works excellent, does not slip, it just has some chatter when first engaging mainly evident in reverse or granny first. Its got a little rust bubbling, a few spots starting to go through, and what looks to be previous patch work that was done fairly well but is starting to show. Overall it isn't mint obviously but it is indeed very presentable as is. Would make a great work truck, winter truck, or hauler of things. Has a bunch of high dollar parts installed like practically brand new Rough Country 4" lift and shocks, and Mile Marker hub conversion installed to go to part time locking/unlocking hubs.

I'm asking $1500 for the truck whole drive it away, or I may still entertain parting it out if anyone needs anything specific. If I have to take it apart I would most likely be looking to keep the 4 speed stuff and Mile Marker stuff for my Trailduster, and looking to get like $500 for the roller and like $500 for the complete carb to pan $400, make an offer on stuff like body parts, axles, etc.

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 05:40 PM
What axles?

Moparjim
07-27-2008, 06:06 PM
The regular half ton like 75-79 ones. I'm not sure what they are exactly lol but they are the ones I see on every one of these trucks I've owned. I think the front is a smaller Dana, the rear is the "corporate" 9-1/4 or whatever. Shoot me your email address and I can send you pics.

Moparjim
07-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Better yet, axle pics...

Prince Valiant
07-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Rear (first pic) is DEFINITELY the 9 1/4 corporate, the front appears to be a dana 44.

H8RADE
07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
From the pics, it looks like the bolt patterns are different on the front and rear?
The front is a D44, though.

Moparjim
07-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Yep they are different, like I said I thought it was a small Dana front apparently a 44, and a Chrysler "corporate" rear 9-1/4. Thanks for the confrmation Valiant!

T-Bag
07-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Dayum wish this was for sale back in winte when I was looking for a winter beat around truck.

Windsors 03 Cobra
07-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow I haven't seen a 76 Dodge truck in that good of shape for 15+ years, seems like a good price for a good truck.

Moparjim
07-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Yeah I got a decent deal on it so I'm just looking to get my money out of it basically. It's definitely a good deal for someone into Mopars or Dodge trucks. Too bad there's not more of us wierd Mopar guys lol. It is in decent shape plus has a ton of valuable parts if someone wanted to part it out which was my original intent. I just haven't had the time to do so...