PDA

View Full Version : Yellow C6, big chrome wheels and big hood

Poncho
07-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Fantastic sounding car, guy claimed it just had full exhaust but no mufflers. :shades Wheels might've been the usual CCW's and it had a raised hood on it. It looked and sounded mean. Had Z51 badges on it.

I gave him the hit :thumbsup He didn't go anywhere but stay next to me thru 2nd into third till we both hit the brakes.

Absolutely sick sounding and beautiful car. I'd dream to have something that sweet, I'm just wondering why it sounded like it was cammed (was also alot louder than my car) but didn't run away from me hard?

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Fantastic sounding car, guy claimed it just had full exhaust but no mufflers. :shades Wheels might've been the usual CCW's and it had a raised hood on it. It looked and sounded mean. Had Z51 badges on it.

I gave him the hit :thumbsup He didn't go anywhere but stay next to me thru 2nd into third till we both hit the brakes.

Absolutely sick sounding and beautiful car. I'd dream to have something that sweet, I'm just wondering why it sounded like it was cammed (was louder than my car) but didn't run away from me hard?

Intake and Catback only made 402 rwhp... Imagine how that race could have went dan... :chair:

Poncho
07-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Actually according to you guys some "full exhaust and tune" LS2 C6 made 426rwhp, or about 90hp more than they do stock, or about 50rwhp more than it should. I also heard that my car should make 465rwhp instead of 401rwhp, when I'm right on PAR with everyone else with similar mods. I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks or feels my car should make for horsepower. It's my only car, and I'm fine with how it is for now.

There isn't a LS2 powered ANYTHING in the world that would pick up 80rwhp like you claimed on the phone and now 50rwhp on the forum from a catback and tune, considering a catback is purely sound, and headers aren't going to factor a whole lot of HP either.

Preach to someone that can afford to burn $300 or whatever on a dyno tune, not me. You should know the money situation here well enough from my roommate. Jer is a good guy and one of my best friends, and I don't want him dragged into this either anymore than simply stating that you should be well aware of the money problems in this house of four..

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Actually according to you guys some "full exhaust and tune" LS2 C6 made 426rwhp, or about 90hp more than they do stock, or about 50rwhp more than it should. I also heard that my car should make 450rwhp instead of 403rwhp, when I'm right on PAR with everyone else with similar mods. I don't really care what you or anyone else thinks or feels my car should make for horsepower. It's my only car, and I'm fine with how it is for now.

There isn't a ls2 powered ANYTHING in the world that would pick up 80rwhp like you claimed on the phone and now 50rwhp on the forum from a catback and tune, considering a catback is purely sound, and headers aren't going to factor a whole lot of HP either.

Preach to someone that can afford to burn $300 or whatever on a dyno tune, not me. You should know the money situation here well enough from my roommate. Jer is a good guy and one of my best friends, and I don't want him dragged into this either anymore than simply stating that you should be well aware of the money problems in this house of four..

Fine, whatever Dan. I know what ive seen with my own two eyes though. Ive seen it worked up from base to hot tune, where it was and where it is now. Your car is capable of ALOT more then it is putting down right now. That ls2 goat that came in was making 380rwhp with intake and exhaust, it left at 402rwhp. The thing doest lie. Ive had my truck on it before and it actually reads LOWER then most people usually get with a stock LMM duramax.

The deal that was offered to you is a deal of a lifetime to clean up the problems that you yourself ***** about. Pass it up if you want, your the only hurting yourself. I wont speak of it again.

Poncho
07-27-2008, 12:51 PM
So how about we do what Tom and Forrest were talking about a while ago............

Baseline my car.... Tune it....... see what it does afterwards, then go take it to an independant shop and see what it does? I have a feeling the difference will be nowhere near the 450-465 that I hear my car, according to "you guys" is supposed to make. Considering cars w/ the same bolt ons and giant cams don't do anymore than 425, and ones with heads typically do If I'm right, 450 tops. I'm right. If WB Dyno is right, then money will fall from the heavens with the 50+hp every car out there is supposed to make. As well as I'll owe them for a dyno tune.

I think it would be a good way for everyone from here to either have proof of these magical unicorn tunes, or be further confirmed whats already gospel from these crazy numbers.

Imagine that a stock GTO that makes 340-355rwhp, with long tubes, modded stock size catback, homemade intake, a baby 228/230 low lift .571/.573 112lsa cam, making 465rwhp!!! By this insane logic hen guys with heads and intake manifold upgrades should do well over 500rwhp!

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 01:23 PM
So how about we do what Tom and Forrest were talking about a while ago............

Baseline my car.... Tune it....... see what it does afterwards, then go take it to an independant shop and see what it does? I have a feeling the difference will be nowhere near the 450-465 that I hear my car, according to "you guys" is supposed to make. Considering cars w/ the same bolt ons and giant cams don't do anymore than 425, and ones with heads typically do If I'm right, 450 tops. I'm right. If WB Dyno is right, then money will fall from the heavens with the 50+hp every car out there is supposed to make. As well as I'll owe them for a dyno tune.

I think it would be a good way for everyone from here to either have proof of these magical unicorn tunes, or be further confirmed whats already gospel from these crazy numbers.

Imagine that a stock GTO that makes 340-355rwhp, with long tubes, modded stock size catback, homemade intake, a baby 228/230 low lift .571/.573 112lsa cam, making 465rwhp!!! By this insane logic hen guys with heads and intake manifold upgrades should do well over 500rwhp!

As far as working out a deal like that, thats between you and west bend dyno, not me. I have no say in what he does or what offers people. I only know the deal that was on the table.

As far as the power you would be making, my assumption was 450rwhp based on what ive seen. I sure as hell could be way off, im not disputing that. Forest was thinking in the neighborhood of 420-440rwhp. Regardless, its more then your making now and it would get rid of the driveability issues I keep hearing about from Jer.

I know the dyno doesnt lie Dan, my truck has been on it and many others from this board have been on it as well. As I stated, my truck actually ran less hp then I was expecting judging by what ive "heard" from other people.

Also, your numbers may be low because of that exhaust system you have, if its what jer described it as you may be loosing power with that. Sounds like WAY to much exhaust for what you have.

You want to discuss this any further, PM me. Or better yet Ill stop by and we can talk about it in person. I am not going to be called a liar. I know what ive seen with my own eyes. I make shit up for no one.

Poncho
07-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Interestingly enough my car gained 10hp from a swap to my current exhaust.

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Interestingly enough my car gained 13hp from a swap to my current exhaust.

Its probably f'ning up your power curve though. Peak HP means nothing if the curve sucks. :thumbsup I know you know that.

HP ADDICT
07-27-2008, 04:01 PM
so about this c6 corvette....

GTSLOW
07-27-2008, 04:14 PM
So what I got out of this.

1) Dans car can make more hp with a better tune?
2) His car has SERIOUS driveability issues?
3) There may be a tuning competition?
4) Dans exhaust sucks for his setup?
5) Wasn't there a C6 race?

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 04:15 PM
So what I got out of this.

1) Dans car can make more hp with a better tune?
2) His car has SERIOUS driveability issues?
3) There may be a tuning competition?
4) Dans exhaust sucks for his setup?
5) Wasn't there a C6 race?

Shitpot already been flushed via PM. No need to plunge it up. :thumbsup

GTSLOW
07-27-2008, 04:16 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TNT/images/REDESIGN/home/tnt_logo.png

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 04:17 PM
BCM..er TNT we know Drama.

:rolf

Poncho
07-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Its probably f'ning up your power curve though. Peak HP means nothing if the curve sucks. :thumbsup I know you know that.

I will dig out the "original" printouts, but I made a graph showing the differences between the two runs.

http://webpages.charter.net/djbriones/dynos.jpg

From 5000 on the gains were pretty sizeable. about 20 horsepower @ 6500

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I will dig out the "original" printouts, but I made a graph showing the differences between the two runs.

http://webpages.charter.net/djbriones/dynos.jpg

From 5000 on the gains were pretty sizeable. about 20 horsepower @ 6500

Yeah, thats how I thought it was gonna look. Its not horrible but it could be alot better. Like I said though, im done talking about it. You know the deal. So the exhaust DOES have mufflers? Jer told me it didnt.

Poncho
07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
the exhaust is done more to mimic the 2004 GTO setup instead of the '05-'06 setup. No mufflers in back, but instead in the middle of the car.

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 05:48 PM
the exhaust is done more to mimic the 2004 GTO setup instead of the '05-'06 setup. No mufflers in back, but instead in the middle of the car.

:rolf But they do exist right? This was the controversy and why we were starting to think it was hurting you. Dont worry, I will slap jer for the bad info. :thumbsup I guess I gave Amy's brother a job on friday to.... Mabey ill just take it out on him as he starts tomarrow...

Yellow2k1vette
07-27-2008, 05:49 PM
That yellow C6 is moderately cammed (and heads). Wheels are Iforged Classics. Car sits pretty low on coilovers, has Z06 body conversion, custom hood. And yes, it's quite loud. I assumed it had cutouts, but not sure.

That's 'bout all I know about it. :D

:haveabeer

Poncho
07-27-2008, 06:17 PM
poop, then he went easy on me or shit happens on the street.

Or.......... it could be the tune.

GTSLOW
07-27-2008, 06:21 PM
^ Wow nice kill Dan :thumbsup x1000000

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 06:32 PM
poop, then he went easy on me or shit happens on the street.

Or.......... it could be the tune.

You know where my money is......

BAD LS1
07-27-2008, 06:42 PM
I thought it was squashed via PM?

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I thought it was squashed via PM?

The argument was, I guess the conversation continued outside PM land because dan proceeded to post up the graph...

Sorry......

Sprayaway Fox
07-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Who cares about power numbers! Everybody always can do it cheaper, or I could make more with your combo, or yea, my buddies go a 10 second car, or speed by proxy, or if hes that fast I must be a lot faster than him, If it feels good to you let everybody else build one their own way! If he makes 20 hp over you race from a dig and cut a better reaction, then he will look like the idiot because the crappy tuned car beat his super tune!