PDA

View Full Version : Problem!!!

Al
07-27-2008, 12:37 AM
I have a problem with my bike.

I was riding through the parking lot of Oscar's on hwy100 and I rode over their speed bumps. This broke off the little nub to which the kick stand spring mounts. Now the kick stand won't stay up unless I have someone else connect the spring to the end of the kickstand and hook the other end to one of the control cables near the swing arm.

I am wondering if I should hold Oscar's accountable for the damage. I had even aimed towards the side of the speed bump where it was lower so that I would not ride over the top of it in the center. If I had not done that, it probably would have caught the frame!

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 06:04 AM
I have a problem with my bike.

I was riding through the parking lot of Oscar's on hwy100 and I rode over their speed bumps. This broke off the little nub to which the kick stand spring mounts. Now the kick stand won't stay up unless I have someone else connect the spring to the end of the kickstand and hook the other end to one of the control cables near the swing arm.

I am wondering if I should hold Oscar's accountable for the damage. I had even aimed towards the side of the speed bump where it was lower so that I would not ride over the top of it in the center. If I had not done that, it probably would have caught the frame!

Good luck with holding them accountable....

Just carry a swingarm stand around with you and forget the kickstand.. :goof

Reverend Cooper
07-27-2008, 08:02 AM
weld a washer to it,paint it hook it back up and call it a day

Al
07-28-2008, 12:05 AM
weld a washer to it,paint it hook it back up and call it a day

I think I'll do that instead.

Supposedly, the stealership fixes this by welding a whole new jiffy stand assembly on.

lilws6
07-28-2008, 09:57 AM
When i had my 99 gsrx that was lowered i had to get off and walk it over those ans would still drag just a bit. its somethign you learn and remember not to do again

PureSound15
07-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't think you have any chance of holding them accountable at all.

They'd state that you could have turned around and entered through the Hwy 100 entrance.

Al
07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
When i had my 99 gsrx that was lowered i had to get off and walk it over those ans would still drag just a bit. its somethign you learn and remember not to do again

I guess that's going to be Saturday's lesson.

The spring attaches to a cast nub that has a habit of breaking on Sportsters. I'm going to drill and tap into the casting and replace it with a grade-8 bolt tomorrow morning.

I bet there would be some $$$ to be made if someone designed a guard for the underside of a Sportster.

lilws6
07-30-2008, 10:32 PM
always take lower vehicles in the hwy 100 entrance there my T/A will NOT clear that stupid bump anymore so i have to go the 100 route the gsxr i'll go over the bump lol

Al
07-31-2008, 12:08 AM
always take lower vehicles in the hwy 100 entrance there my T/A will NOT clear that stupid bump anymore so i have to go the 100 route the gsxr i'll go over the bump lol

I went there on Tuesday and did that. In reality, I went in the entrance by international autos, pulled out on to hwy 100, and went back in the second entrance.

I wuznt 'bout to do a shitty in front of marty

lilws6
08-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Lol what ever works and doesn't get the bike banged up

Al
08-02-2008, 11:34 PM
I kinda had to set it on its side to fix this problem; but not for long and I had some cushins under it. I leaned it about 70 degrees to fix it.

-stew-
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Having an adult sized bike would avoid this issue all together.

lilws6
08-04-2008, 10:12 PM
any bike you have that sits low to the ground would suffer some kind or damage over speed bumps whether you choose to lower it that far is your call i my self used to have a lowered rocket that would drag the fairing everytime i gassed it raised it back up lower bikes do not handle very good at all lowered cars on the other hand do very well