PDA

View Full Version : I dunno, looks like the CAMARO is coming, and looks pretty strong.

nismodave
07-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Well after all the talk, all the time, and all the rumors......It looks like the Camaro is coming to a dealer near you.

The comments from Oppenheiser should piss off Mustang owners alone.:rolf

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0809_2010_chevrolet_camaro_first_look/index.html

YUM!:drool:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupes/10292544/112_0809_01z+2010_chevrolet_camaro+front_three_qua rter_view.jpg

Double Yum!! :drool::drool: But mine will be orange with black stripes.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupes/10260241/112_0809_19z+chevrolet_camaro_convertible+front_th ree_quarter_view.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupes/10292589/112_0809_20z+chevrolet_camaro_convertible+side_vie w.jpg

Knyghtmare
07-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Ma ma me so ho-ny!

Z28Roxy
07-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I wonder if they'll do the right thing and put a Dana under it :goof

Yooformula
07-26-2008, 11:55 PM
so the SS will carry 420HP??? I'll believe it when I see it on the window sticker and for under $33k???

Z06 KID
07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
not sure if i agree with the independent rear suspension. thats gonna have to be pretty strong

6forwardgears
07-27-2008, 12:23 AM
so the SS will carry 420HP??? I'll believe it when I see it on the window sticker and for under $33k???

What's not to believe? It's the same LS3 in the new Corvettes, which is rated at about the same (436hp in the Vette with the performance exhaust option I think).

edit: You're right though, I can't see it coming in under $33k.

Yooformula
07-27-2008, 12:25 AM
I find it hard to believe that the car goes from 310hp all the way up to 420hp.....even with the massive gas crunching going on. I am just a bit skeptical is all.

Z06 KID
07-27-2008, 12:26 AM
under 33k

ProjectCamaro
07-27-2008, 12:31 AM
They had the official unveiling this week from GM of the production model so it's definitly happening.

I am not a Mustang fan by any means but I think that first statement is a little out of place.

I do love the fact that it is lower and wider than the Mustang and Challenger, just the way an American muscle car should be.
Then both the auto and manual transmissions coming in only six speeds is great. That's what I always loved about my Camaro. Not only is it fun to drive but I could get great gas milage on the interstate since fifth and sixth gears were overdrives.
Only thing I'm still curious about is if it'll come in a ttop or not. Right now I'm assuming not which'll be to bad because I loved my ttops. It better come with a least a nice big moonroof then.

nismodave
07-27-2008, 12:33 AM
I dont care what it costs ( well sorta), if the markup on GTRs does not come down by the end of 09, this is what I will be ordering. I love the way the vert looks, even with the top up.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2007/01/06-chevrolet-camaro-convertible-concept/_Chevrolet-Camaro-Convertible-Concept-1.jpg

Mr Twigbert
07-27-2008, 01:12 AM
:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke:puke

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupes/10260241/112_0809_19z+chevrolet_camaro_convertible+front_th ree_quarter_view.jpg

nismodave
07-27-2008, 01:16 AM

You must be snorting Drywall dust.:loser

Poncho
07-27-2008, 01:16 AM
I wonder if they'll do the right thing and put a Dana under it :goof

Already done, darling. :thumbsup

GTSLOW
07-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Dave can't keep a car with 190lb ft of torque together, whats to say he could handle 350+ :rolf :goof

Poncho
07-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Dave can't keep a car with 190lb ft of torque together, whats to say he could handle 350+ :rolf :goof

speaking of, hey nan-dad, how's your trans am? :wow:durr

GTSLOW
07-27-2008, 01:56 AM
speaking of, hey nan-dad, how's your trans am? :wow:durr

Traded that in many moons ago. Had fun in CA. with it, thats for sure. :thumbsup

nismodave
07-27-2008, 02:08 AM
He was scared I would come out there and kick its butt with my car, so he sold it.

Hows the kid, Nan? They find out who the father is yet? Or will I see you on Maury soon?

boostaddict14
07-27-2008, 03:27 AM
IM happy the new gen will actually have some nice body lines. I like f bodies but man the wedge just doesn't cut it for me.

Reverend Cooper
07-27-2008, 04:09 AM
what were they doing running the v6 stang, lets compare it to the GT-500 the real stang. maybe the new f-body will last a few years till they kill it again. I hope dave gets one in ten years he wont be able to get parts to fix it bwahahahaha. anyhow i hope dave does get one as i know how much he likes them

Breecher_7
07-27-2008, 05:55 AM
I could honestly car less what the HP rating is from the factory. I would IMAGINE it would be the LS3 corvette engine though when its all said and done. Regardless, it will be a LSX based engine, and we ALL know what those are capable of doing.

I must agree with twigbert though, I thing the converts look like shit. And as far as styling goes, dodge still wins with the challenger.

Cryptic
07-27-2008, 05:57 AM
I find it hard to believe that the car goes from 310hp all the way up to 420hp.....even with the massive gas crunching going on. I am just a bit skeptical is all.

The LS3 also meets the more stringent Bin4 emission standards and again avoids the gas guzzler tax. Behaving, you can get 28-30mpg

0TransAm0
07-27-2008, 07:02 AM
i like it.. i think the vert is ugly tho..

BAD LS1
07-27-2008, 07:47 AM
And the LS3 will certainly get the active fuel managment in this car too. It will probably get close to 30mpg like the LS1 did.

Z06 KID
07-27-2008, 11:38 AM
And the LS3 will certainly get the active fuel managment in this car too. It will probably get close to 30mpg like the LS1 did.

good call, i forgot about that

Z28Roxy
07-27-2008, 11:52 AM
not sure if i agree with the independent rear suspension. thats gonna have to be pretty strong

The center section will be. We'll have to see on the half shafts though.

T-Bag
07-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow the V6 will be putting out over 300 hp? Some might not be so dissapointed in getting a v6...especially when it puts out more power than a stock mustang GT.

Poncho
07-27-2008, 12:24 PM
The center section will be. We'll have to see on the half shafts though.

They'll be stronger than the GTO's shafts, and they routinely handle 500+ RWHP.

6forwardgears
07-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Imagine the epic embarrasment for Ford if the new V6 Camaro could keep up with a new Mustang GT :stare I doubt they will be faster, but probably wayyy too close for comfort (for the Ford peoples) :thumbsup

Poncho
07-27-2008, 12:31 PM
one thing IS for sure. They WILL be beating LT1s.

T-Bag
07-27-2008, 12:35 PM
At least it gives ford an incentive to step up and stop being so damn conservative with the Mustang

Silver86
07-27-2008, 01:06 PM
looks awesome... but i just cant wrap my head around how the rear end looks...

Rocket Power
07-27-2008, 02:23 PM

I agree. I don't like the coupe or vert. Challenger looks better to me, they shoulda worked harder on giving it a diet though.:goof

07ROUSHSTG3
07-27-2008, 05:36 PM
i like the look of the coupe, but the vert just looks wierd. maybe it will look better with a light bar?!?!?!?

like i have said a million times. the pricing will determine this cars fate. the bowtie boys seem to think that the ss with the ls3 will be priced 33-35K. if that is the case it will destroy mustang and challenger sales. if it comes in where i think it will, right around the challenger srt8, i think it will do ok. it is just way too close to vette price range at that point IMO.

i am excited to see the v6 model and where that is priced.

as for the mustang, it will survive like it always does. 2010 will be a big year for the mustang also with the eco-boost motor making its debut. some still think that the 5.0 will be back, but i think that the eco-boost motor will be the BIG thing. either way, i put a call into our chevy store to ask about ordering a new camaro, will hopefully find out tomorrow what it would set me back.

nismodave
07-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Well I think that this is dead sexy. How low the roof sits and looks on the vert. To each thier own. Wont matter to me what others think if I buy one.:)

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupes/10292589/112_0809_20z+chevrolet_camaro_convertible+side_vie w.jpg

Poncho
07-27-2008, 05:52 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/djbriones/stangmaro2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/djbriones/stangmaro.jpg

these cars are shaped SOOO different.

Yooformula
07-27-2008, 06:14 PM
oooh thats a good comparo pic dan.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-27-2008, 06:35 PM
oooh thats a good comparo pic dan.

agreed.

nismodave
07-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Good Job, Dan.

The rear 1/4s are wayyyy sexier on the Maro.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/customavatars/avatar2567_2.gif

Karps TA
07-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I've never changed opinions on a car as much as I have on the new Camaro. Hated it at first, loved it in Transformers, hated it when I saw one at the Chicago Auto show, and now I'm back to liking it. I'd still rather have a Challenger, but since Dodge isn't leasing anymore I doubt that will happen.

I'd be pretty happy with the 300hp V6 LT/RS for a daily driver next year I think. We'll see what the pricing ends up being.

nismodave
07-27-2008, 08:43 PM
CAMARO

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/celebdogwatch/beyonce_jayz2.jpg

MUSTANG

http://timesonline.typepad.com/alphamummy/images/2007/04/24/bikini.jpg

Silver86
07-27-2008, 09:02 PM
^^ id still hit it! :thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
07-27-2008, 09:05 PM
I've never changed opinions on a car as much as I have on the new Camaro. Hated it at first, loved it in Transformers, hated it when I saw one at the Chicago Auto show, and now I'm back to liking it. I'd still rather have a Challenger, but since Dodge isn't leasing anymore I doubt that will happen.
I'd be pretty happy with the 300hp V6 LT/RS for a daily driver next year I think. We'll see what the pricing ends up being.

there are other lease options out there besides the manufacturer.

hrsp
07-28-2008, 12:05 AM
i wanna see it with some nice powder coated black rims on it...

there is little to no chrome on it either...

Karps TA
07-28-2008, 06:35 AM
there are other lease options out there besides the manufacturer.

I know, but they are nowhere near the same pricing.

Mr. Brett
07-28-2008, 11:14 AM
especially when it puts out more power than a stock mustang GT.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I love it.

94greenbandit
07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
like i have said a million times. the pricing will determine this cars fate. the bowtie boys seem to think that the ss with the ls3 will be priced 33-35K. if that is the case it will destroy mustang and challenger sales. if it comes in where i think it will, right around the challenger srt8, i think it will do ok. it is just way too close to vette price range at that point IMO.

I am pretty sure it will be near the low to mid 30k range since everything I read is it will be competitive with mustang and other vehicles in that class.

94greenbandit
07-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Then both the auto and manual transmissions coming in only six speeds is great. That's what I always loved about my Camaro. Not only is it fun to drive but I could get great gas milage on the interstate since fifth and sixth gears were overdrives.
Only thing I'm still curious about is if it'll come in a ttop or not. Right now I'm assuming not which'll be to bad because I loved my ttops. It better come with a least a nice big moonroof then.

I think they are offering the Active Fuel Management in the autos only

88Nightmare
07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
the 3.6 V6 should be nice on fuel. the 3.6 in my mothers aura gets about 31mpg on the freeway(it too has a 6 speed auto), and that car isn't very light either

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
CAMARO

MUSTANG

This pic is wrong, it should be the other way around. GM had to dig the crypt keeper ass Camaro out of the graveyard, remember??? The Mustang was here 1st, and it will be here long after the resurected Camaro gets layed to rest.........again.

6forwardgears
07-28-2008, 01:18 PM
and it will be here long after the resurected Camaro gets layed to rest.........again.

That's only because it will only have to get brought out sometime in 2021 when the Mustang GT has something that will compete with the '09 Camaro :rolf

Windsors 03 Cobra
07-28-2008, 01:21 PM
It is kinda funny how the GM rep says the Mustang was so far back in the rearview when the F body was thrown into the trash dump 5 years ago.
The grille reminds me of some older SUV, thought it was the Axiom but it must be something else.
Make mine a GT500 or Challenger. :thumbsup

Mr. Brett
07-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Make mine a GT500 or Challenger. :thumbsup

A big heavy turd that handles like a dump truck and is ridiculously overpriced? :thumbsup

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 01:49 PM
That's only because it will only have to get brought out sometime in 2021 when the Mustang GT has something that will compete with the '09 Camaro :rolf

What from GM competed with the 03-current Mustang again??? (hears crickets):rolf

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 01:50 PM
A big heavy turd that handles like a dump truck and is ridiculously overpriced? :thumbsup

What killed the Camaro the 1st time?? Oh, the fact that it was ridiculously overpriced compared to the Mustang?? Funny isn't it:rolf

Karps TA
07-28-2008, 01:55 PM
As long as Mustang continues to appeal to women drivers, they'll be around. They are very female friendly, like the VW Rabbit verts, in the late 80's early 90's.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
just talked to our chevy stores gm. he hasn't heard any solid pricing but he did say that dealers will be going "over sticker". he also said that gm might base allocation off of previous generation sales so they are not sure if they will get one in the first batch or not. if i hear anything i will definetly post.

6forwardgears
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM
What killed the Camaro the 1st time?? Oh, the fact that it was ridiculously overpriced compared to the Mustang?? Funny isn't it:rolf

You always post that BS, it's not even remotely true. The Camaro has always been a close price competitor to the Mustang. I even proved it to you before, the base 2002 Z28 was price like $200 apart from the 2002 Mustang GT. Yes, you could load up an SS for considerably more but then a Cobra is also a lot more than a Z28.

edit: Here is a cool article from Car and Driver back from '93 about the '94 Z28 vs. the '94 GT. Note the price-as-tested listed for both cars. Yes I realize it's not 2002 but the price comparison has always been neck and neck.

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/z28_vs_gt.htm

Poncho
07-28-2008, 02:19 PM
What from GM competed with the 03-current Mustang again??? (hears crickets):rolf

well the 3-year GTO kicked the ever living shit out of it, as well as the FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Monte Carlos, Impalas, Grand Prixs.

We don't need rediculous body kits and stupid paint jobs to be cool and kick ass, we do it in sheer power.

Sucks when a '93 Camaro Z/28 is faster than a 2009 Mustang GT.

Mr. Brett
07-28-2008, 02:27 PM

It's price reflected the increased power and quality compared to the Mustang at the time. I suppose GM could have stuck a 305 in it and cheaped out all over the place to be more competitive with the Stang, but I for one am glad they didn't. I'd rather see it dead than reduced to a wimpy V8 car with bland styling that everyone can (and DID) buy. I swear there are so many Mustang GT's on the road, it's like people are being issued them.

As far as the sales, I could go into detail about how the V8 cars had virtually nothing to do with whether or not the cars survived and that the only reason the Stang outsold the F-body is that chicks prefer the V6 Mustang over the V6 Camaro/Firebird, but I'm sure you already knew that, right? The fact of the matter is that an LS1 F-body built in 2002 is still faster than a Mustang GT that rolled off the assembly line yesterday. And now that the Camaro is back, the V6 is faster than the V8 GT. That must be a real kick in the nuts for the Ford faithful.

And what kind of car guy argues sales figures anyway? All I give a shit about is which is faster, cooler-looking, and more fun to drive. And as far back as I can remember it's always been the F-body. The Mustang has always been the slower, more affordable alternative. Which would you rather drive? Oh yeah, nevermind.

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
well the 3-year GTO kicked the ever living shit out of it, as well as the FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Monte Carlos, Impalas, Grand Prixs.

We don't need rediculous body kits and stupid paint jobs to be cool and kick ass, we do it in sheer power.

Sucks when a '93 Camaro Z/28 is faster than a 2009 Mustang GT.

The GTO, another name GM disgraced by turning it into a RWD Grand Am.

At least you recognize the fact with your second sentance, you don't have to look cool, you just have to be fast. Wait, don't you rag on Rickys Neon all the time because it's a Neon. I thought you just had to be fast. Wait, now I am just as confused as you are.

And I would hope a modded for 12 years Camaro would be able to beat a 2009stock Mustang GT, because I know you're not talking stock to stock.

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 03:00 PM
It's price reflected the increased power and quality compared to the Mustang at the time. I suppose GM could have stuck a 305 in it and cheaped out all over the place to be more competitive with the Stang, but I for one am glad they didn't. I'd rather see it dead than reduced to a wimpy V8 car with bland styling that everyone can (and DID) buy. I swear there are so many Mustang GT's on the road, it's like people are being issued them.

As far as the sales, I could go into detail about how the V8 cars had virtually nothing to do with whether or not the cars survived and that the only reason the Stang outsold the F-body is that chicks prefer the V6 Mustang over the V6 Camaro/Firebird, but I'm sure you already knew that, right? The fact of the matter is that an LS1 F-body built in 2002 is still faster than a Mustang GT that rolled off the assembly line yesterday. And now that the Camaro is back, the V6 is faster than the V8 GT. That must be a real kick in the nuts for the Ford faithful.

And what kind of car guy argues sales figures anyway? All I give a shit about is which is faster, cooler-looking, and more fun to drive. And as far back as I can remember it's always been the F-body. The Mustang has always been the slower, more affordable alternative. Which would you rather drive? Oh yeah, nevermind.

So it's bad for a car company to sell cars? I thought that was kind of the point? You should go work for GM, tell them that they should just kill off all the lines but the Corvette, because everything else in their lineup looks exactly the same, and aren't any fun to drive. And it's not just about going fast, it's about looking good to. I mean the 4th gen F body is about the most poorly designed car ever. The dash should come marked like one of those old vibrator style football games and come with all the little guys, it would give something to distract the passenger from the pain his left foot because it's cocked at a weird angle because the tranny hump comes into the passenger compartment. And then there's those GREAT 10 bolts. I swear, if someone comes up with a cookie cutter 10 bolt to 8.8 inch swap, they will be rich.

Windsors 03 Cobra
07-28-2008, 03:07 PM
The GTO and V8 W Bodies, nice stuff..........

Mr. Brett
07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
You addressed none of my points and went off on a tangent about the 10-bolt. Well done.

If you want, I'll gladly run your supercharged turd with my f-body, 10-bolt and all.

BAD LS1
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM

Bob you have no pot to piss in or window to throw it out of with this argument.

When you can get a base model Z28 at the the time for 22K that would run circles around your car, stock and right up to pre-blower.

Here is my car's window sticker... Post up for 30K window sticker for your car. Dont start that "well i only paid .25$" shit for it again either, window sticker pic plz.

You know what IS funny though?? My stupid FWD 27K loaded up barely modded MC-SS that ran a better e/t your heavily modfied n/a mustang.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/LS1builder/sticker.jpg

H8RADE
07-28-2008, 03:12 PM
You addressed none of my points and went off on a tangent about the 10-bolt. Well done.

If you want, I'll gladly run your supercharged turd with my f-body, 10-bolt and all.

$100 on the F-body.
:shades

Poncho
07-28-2008, 03:14 PM

When you can get a base model Z28 at the the time for 22K that would run circles around your car, stock and right up to pre-blower.

Here is my car's window sticker... Post up for 30K window sticker for your car. Dont start that "well i only paid .25$" shit for it again either, window sticker pic plz.

You know what IS funny though?? My stupid FWD 27K loaded up barely modded MC-SS that ran a better e/t your heavily modfied n/a mustang.

i swear that window sticker pic is renewable ammo against Bob's groundless argument.

And Bob, I'd rather have a RWD Grand Prix over a RWD Sable anyday.
and me = fan of SRT4's.

Yooformula
07-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I like both cars but do think its funny that Mustang owners forget how the mustang was going to be discontinued and replaced with the probe back in the 80's.. shit my window sticker was $23k.

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 04:10 PM

Who won when we raced again? Oh, that's right, I did. And my "heavily modded" N/A stang had gears and a CAI. That's heavily modded?

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 04:11 PM

I addressed your point. It's in a car makers interest to sell cars.

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM

Now can we talk about how poor of a design the 4th gen F body is?:rolf

BAD LS1
07-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Who won when we raced again? Oh, that's right, I did. And my "heavily modded" N/A stang had gears and a CAI. That's heavily modded?

No that was back when you were touting the "306whp" in the sig and it had in addition to that,long tubes and shift light...

Besides it was always left out the conversation that my front bumper was at your door handle during that 0-60 run, even with my tip-toe launch on the RSA's.

If you like, i can always back my antiquated camaro down 2 psi to 8, like yours and we can touch'em up and see what my 7 year old car goes like?

But what about my main point? Camaro vs mustang cost?

Yooformula
07-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Now can we talk about how poor of a design the 4th gen F body is?:rolf

wouldnt the NEW Camaro compare with the current Mustang? The 4th gen Fbody compares with the prev model mustang, doesnt it?

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
wouldnt the NEW Camaro compare with the current Mustang? The 4th gen Fbody compares with the prev model mustang, doesnt it?

Well, not acording to whomever it was, 93 Z28's compare to 2009 Mustangs. Gosh, get it right Yoo:rolf

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 04:57 PM
No that was back when you were touting the "306whp" in the sig and it had in addition to that,long tubes and shift light...

Besides it was always left out the conversation that my front bumper was at your door handle during that 0-60 run, even with my tip-toe launch on the RSA's.

If you like, i can always back my antiquated camaro down 2 psi to 8, like yours and we can touch'em up and see what my 7 year old car goes like?

I will race anything, anytime. You live close to me, and we have some of the same friends, I am sure we could set something up.

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:04 PM

Besides, we all know the Monte had the God tune in it, I am suprised I even beat you at all. And lets not lose sight of the fact that I did indeed beat you. Hey, at least you can admit it, if you believed everything on this site you would think my car has never won a race. Ever.

Molly has indeed pointed out the fact that MSRP's were similar. But I know I looked at a 200X anniversary of some sort SS (white with orange stripes) and it was $42K sticker. And I remember it vividly because I thought "man, you can get a Cobra for less than that". Now are we going to compare Termy Cobra's with SS's???? And if they were similarly priced, why did it go extinct? Hell, I was just trying to come up with SOME reason that was feasible besides poor design, give me a break, I was trying to give the ole Maro the benefit of the doubt!!!

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:05 PM
i swear that window sticker pic is renewable ammo against Bob's groundless argument.

And Bob, I'd rather have a RWD Grand Prix over a RWD Sable anyday.
and me = fan of SRT4's.

They never made a RWD Sable, but man would that ever be COOOOOOLLLLL!!!! Could it be an Australian car that's outdated and re-badged to??????

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:06 PM

You to, whenever, wherever. I am free most late mornings/early afternoons and weekends. Make it quick, I have a kid on the way:thumbsup

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:08 PM
I like both cars but do think its funny that Mustang owners forget how the mustang was going to be discontinued and replaced with the probe back in the 80's.. shit my window sticker was $23k.

Yep, this is true. Luckily the Mustang had a large enough following to delay those orders. That would have been a sad day for sure!!! Instead we get the meh SN95, then the better New Edge, and now the S197!

88Nightmare
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
I've owned 3 mustangs in the past, a 98, a 97, and an 88 fox. They were all pretty much cookie cutter cars. Camaros of similar years were cookie cutters too. Only reason why I had those mustangs is because they were cheaper then comparable F bodies. My 1997 GT, black on black, was certainly nice, and it was fun to drive, but any time I stopped at a light and had an F body pull up next to me, I could feel my weiner shrinking. The mustangs look decent, but god damn stock to stock, it was noticeably slower then a similar year F-body. Seemed like f-bodies held their value better too. Back in 2004, the price I paid for my 1997 Mustang GT could not get me a decent f-body of the same year with the same options.

So this tells me:

Stock to stock at least in the 90's, the f-bodies were faster, held their value a little bit better, and at the time of a brand new purchase, were just about the same price as a stang. You wanna talk about what looked better? thats personal preference. While one person can blow a nut over a honda civic with an ironing board wing, a person looking at the same car might puke, but pops a boner when he sees a trans am. so saying one looks better then another is pointless opinionated babble.

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I've owned 3 mustangs in the past, a 98, a 97, and an 88 fox. They were all pretty much cookie cutter cars. Camaros of similar years were cookie cutters too. Only reason why I had those mustangs is because they were cheaper then comparable F bodies. My 1997 GT, black on black, was certainly nice, and it was fun to drive, but any time I stopped at a light and had an F body pull up next to me, I could feel my weiner shrinking. The mustangs look decent, but god damn stock to stock, it was noticeably slower then a similar year F-body. Seemed like f-bodies held their value better too. Back in 2004, the price I paid for my 1997 Mustang GT could not get me a decent f-body of the same year with the same options.

So this tells me:

Stock to stock at least in the 90's, the f-bodies were faster, held their value a little bit better, and at the time of a brand new purchase, were just about the same price as a stang. You wanna talk about what looked better? thats personal preference. While one person can blow a nut over a honda civic with an ironing board wing, a person looking at the same car might puke, but pops a boner when he sees a trans am. so saying one looks better then another is pointless opinionated babble.

Your weiner size is connected to what you drive? I wish it was that way with me, because if that were the case I would be hung like Ron Jeremy instead of standard white man issue:rolf

And 2004? Why didn't you just go and buy a new Camaro off the lot? :alcoholic

Anakonda69
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
fords suck end of story......

nismodave
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Well thins thread turned to shit.

Thanks Stanman.

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:30 PM
CAMARO

MUSTANG

And this was a "boy, those Mustangs sure are decent cars" post? I think it's funny how I get blamed for this thread taking a shite, by YOU none-the-less, when YOU are actually the one who started with the shite talking. The comedy never ends on this site, it's what keeps me coming back.

nismodave
07-28-2008, 05:34 PM
You get Butthurt and argue with everyone on this site.

God forbid someone makes a joke about the almighty MUSTANG. It looks like you have spent your day "defending" the stang.

You seriously need a life.

Z28Roxy
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Capable of 12s on street tires = :thumbsup

Incapable of 12s on drag radials = :crying

Sad to lose to ancient pushrod technology hey? :goof

6forwardgears
07-28-2008, 05:40 PM

God forbid someone makes a joke about the almighty MUSTANG. It looks like you have spent your day "defending" the stang.

At least the thread got turned to shit about cars, not bullshit inter personal drama that has nothing to do with the "theme" of the site. :) I say let the Camaro vs. Mustang battle wage on!

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Actually I am working right now, but thanks for caring:thumbsup Did you perhaps just read my posts, because if so, I would like to direct you to everyone elses posts, where they all are defending the Camaro. Perhaps you have some caring left over for them and would like to share? Don't just save all that caring for me Dave, there's others out there that need it to, I will get by and not be butthurt if you spread the love.:thumbsup

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Capable of 12s on street tires = :thumbsup

Incapable of 12s on drag radials = :crying

Sad to lose to ancient pushrod technology hey? :goof

When was the last time I lost to your car? Quarter to never?:rolf Now get off the internet and go out and drive. End said drive at 7850 North 81st Street so the little 4.6 can break off a piece in your ancient azz technology. Bring the purple car to, I want to see it now that it's done!!!! And break off a piece in it to:thumbsup:rolf

Z28Roxy
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM
When was the last time I lost to your car? Quarter to never?:rolf Now get off the internet and go out and drive. End said drive at 7850 North 81st Street so the little 4.6 can break off a piece in your ancient azz technology. Bring the purple car to, I want to see it now that it's done!!!! And break off a piece in it to:thumbsup:rolf

I'm scared I'll break the non-ford 9" rear end :crying

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm scared I'll break the non-ford 9" rear end :crying

Hell, it's got a DANA in it now, no reason to fear, it's got a former Mopar subsidiary part in it, it won't break!!! Hell, if Dana can make rear ends to withstand the Hemi (the real one, lol) it surely can make something to withstand the almighty powaaaaaaaa the LTJuan puts down!!!

WickedSix
07-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I lost interest in cars after dave posted teh hotness...

A B4C Z
07-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I love the look of the new camaro. I would for sure have one in the driveway. Silver possibly black stripes. 6.2 with the auto 6 speed. MMMMM that would be sweet. Cant wait to see how under rated these things are. Wonder if it will pick 20 rear wheel up from intake and tune like most other lsx motors.

Now for the ford guys (stanman)
Ford can keep there boxed piece of shit that has no aerodynamics. My sister had a 2001 gt mustang i must say it was the most uncomfortable car my family has ever owned. The auto trans would run like crap at 35mph it was in and out of lock up. There was no issue it was just how ford had them set up. I could go on and on about how it road worse than a dump truck. Trying to sit in it normaly and comfortable you had to lean way the heck forward to touch the radio/grab the heater controls or do anything on the dash. And for that car to keep a set of tires without chopping them up was a damn maricle. car went thru 3 sets of tires in 100k and it ran snow tires in winter. The car would chop everyset of tires up it ever had. Did numorus alignments thinking it as out of wack....perfect tire pressure was always good and they got roated.

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I love the look of the new camaro. I would for sure have one in the driveway. Silver possibly black stripes. 6.2 with the auto 6 speed. MMMMM that would be sweet. Cant wait to see how under rated these things are. Wonder if it will pick 20 rear wheel up from intake and tune like most other lsx motors.

Ford can keep there boxed piece of shit that has no aerodynamics. My sister had a 2001 gt mustang i must say it was the most uncomfortable car my family has ever owned. The auto trans would run like crap at 35mph it was in and out of lock up. There was no issue it was just how ford had them set up. I could go on and on about how it road worse than a dump truck. Trying to sit in it normaly and comfortable you had to lean way the heck forward to touch the radio/grab the heater controls or do anything on the dash. And for that car to keep a set of tires without chopping them up was a damn maricle. car went thru 3 sets of tires in 100k and it ran snow tires in winter. The car would chop everyset of tires up it ever had. Did numorus alignments thinking it as out of wack....perfect tire pressure was always good and they got roated.

Dave, this guy needs some love, get on it!!!

And to the OP, you can also b!tch about how in the manual cars the shifter was in a different zip code than the driver, I wasn't real fond of that fact either. Not a great design. They did a LITTLE better in the New edges than the SN95's, but not much. The S197's is right where it should be, so apperantly someone at Ford was listening, lol.

Have you ever had to be a passenger in your own car? I am guessing no because you state the GT was the most uncomfortable car you have ever been in. Take a little ride in the b!tch seat of your car, you'll know what uncomfortable is then, you'll pray for the time you spent in the seat of the Stang:rolf

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 07:28 PM

Oh, and you forgot to call me out. Better get with the rest of the F-body collective least you be tarred and feathered. They may revoke your mullet license. Don't forget to call my car ugly and slow in your post somewhere as well. And overpriced. Tell me how a 93 LTJuan with the change between the seats used for mods can blow my car away. And look better doing it.

Just trying to help:thumbsup:rolf

Slow Joe
07-28-2008, 07:45 PM
*blinks* Wow, let's just have a Mustang bash fest...

What I think is funny is that the picture comparison won't be true once the Camaros come out... By that point the '10 Mustang will be out. So that's comparing apples to oranges...

Oh and I've heard of marketing guys saying shit about other car manufacturers before... Which was the one that said they'd make the Cobra look more like a grass snake? I just find it funny that the car's direct competition is what they're saying isn't competition at all...

Either way... I think I'll stick with my New Edge cars... Personally I don't like how I sit in the S197 cars, maybe the next gen will be more comfortable for me... I'm not a fan of the Camaro's looks... Maybe if I got a new one it'd be time for a Challenger...

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 07:53 PM
*blinks* Wow, let's just have a Mustang bash fest...

What I think is funny is that the picture comparison won't be true once the Camaros come out... By that point the '10 Mustang will be out. So that's comparing apples to oranges...

Oh and I've heard of marketing guys saying shit about other car manufacturers before... Which was the one that said they'd make the Cobra look more like a grass snake? I just find it funny that the car's direct competition is what they're saying isn't competition at all...

Either way... I think I'll stick with my New Edge cars... Personally I don't like how I sit in the S197 cars, maybe the next gen will be more comfortable for me... I'm not a fan of the Camaro's looks... Maybe if I got a new one it'd be time for a Challenger...

Don't worry Joe, they are just bashing me THROUGH Mustangs, so don't take the mustang bashing as them sh!tting on your car. But, you bring up a good point. The S197 platform to me is light years ahead of the New Edge (God I hate the shifter location on New Edges), and you state your preference for the opposite. Just goes to show you that different people find different things comfortable. I mean I am sure someone who's leg was amputated below the knee would find being a passanger in a 4th gen Maro completly comfortable. It's just the people with whole legs that find it to be a$$.:rolf

GRAMPS SS
07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
You to, whenever, wherever. I am free most late mornings/early afternoons and weekends. Make it quick, I have a kid on the way:thumbsup

BOB .....your pregnant...you hide it well :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf :goof

GRAMPS SS
07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
and BOB...i don't think they are bashing YOU though the Mustang threads...but if you think so...so be it..

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 09:55 PM
and BOB...i don't think they are bashing YOU though the Mustang threads...but if you think so...so be it..

I am just making sure Joe knows that most stuff in this thread is directed at me, and my car, not Mustangs in general. I have to stick up for my few fellow Mustang affecianados here:thumbsup

STANMAN
07-28-2008, 09:55 PM
BOB .....your pregnant...you hide it well :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf :goof

Not really:rolf

nismodave
07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Bah, why bother trying to even discuss the new Camaro.