PDA

View Full Version : Rant

TraNs_aM
07-25-2008, 07:20 PM
so i wont say that company name but if i knew it was gonan take this long to get my car runnin i woulda taken it somewhere and had them pay for it

i've been currently waiting on a few car parts ls6 crank sensor ARP cam bolts and a crank pining kit. it will be 4 weeks on monday since i ordered it i've called several times wondering when its comming and everytime i talk to them they always tell it in a day or 2 i've also told them to ship the items they currently have so i can START at least working on the motor but they haven't done that either this place is just south of milwaukee in IL. WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG!!!!! wish i could atleast have a straight answer from them.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

anyone else ever have this problem?

Heat Seeker WS6
07-25-2008, 07:27 PM
so i wont say that company name but if i knew it was gonan take this long to get my car runnin i woulda taken it somewhere and had them pay for it

i've been currently waiting on a few car parts ls6 crank sensor ARP cam bolts and a crank pining kit. it will be 4 weeks on monday since i ordered it i've called several times wondering when its comming and everytime i talk to them they always tell it in a day or 2 i've also told them to ship the items they currently have so i can START at least working on the motor but they haven't done that either this place is just south of milwaukee in IL. WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG!!!!! wish i could atleast have a straight answer from them.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

anyone else ever have this problem?

whats the name of this place?

TraNs_aM
07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
whats the name of this place?

Speed Inc.

Yooformula
07-25-2008, 07:46 PM
holy shti 4 weeks for that stuff?!!? Have you spoken to John over there yet? He posts here from time to time and is from Milwaukee.

TraNs_aM
07-25-2008, 07:55 PM
holy shti 4 weeks for that stuff?!!? Have you spoken to John over there yet? He posts here from time to time and is from Milwaukee.

exactly why i didn't wanna say were it was from

T-Bag
07-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Dayum I remember when you ordered that shit too. Figured you would have already had it

sidewayzbimmer
07-26-2008, 12:58 AM
ya pretty bad paul! Like is said there are a few other shops in the area to check into could prolly have the stuff before you'll get it from there. They have someone elses car from here that they have had for over a year back there again.....and guess what more problems

Crawlin
07-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Call

414-329-3260 and talk with Mike or John.

tell them what you want and maybe they can get it through their GM suppliers.

The ARP stuff is a joke for the LS1 cars. Takes forever to get. You might be better off just looking for it used on LS1tech, haha

Poncho
07-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Don't feel bad, I've been waiting to get my rear bumper fixed since April, and have been waiting for my new spoiler and that rear insert, as well as the car itself painted since May. I hate doing sidejobs for people when they don't return the favor.

Brian98GTP
07-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Call

414-329-3260 and talk with Mike or John.

tell them what you want and maybe they can get it through their GM suppliers.

The ARP stuff is a joke for the LS1 cars. Takes forever to get. You might be better off just looking for it used on LS1tech, haha

It took 3 days to get my ARP head/rod bolts from Thunder Racing. Maybe they just have a bigger inventory than SI??

I agree with calling either Mike or John to see what the deal is.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Speed Inc doesnt seem to have a big on-hand inventory or be able to send stuff out as promised. When I placed the order for my trans cooler 2 weeks ago, they sent it out 1 day after they said they would- order placed at 10am on a tues and they were supposed to get it out that day, but it didnt go out till the following afternoon. Thats happened with most everything Ive gotten from them. It sucks though hearing more stories about them & I wish they were more on the ball.

Crawlin
07-26-2008, 10:12 AM
It took 3 days to get my ARP head/rod bolts from Thunder Racing. Maybe they just have a bigger inventory than SI??

I agree with calling either Mike or John to see what the deal is.

Since Thunder does alot of in house stuff for engine's, they'd have it possibly right now too.

I know there was a HUGE backorder on the head STUDS back when I had mine. People had been waiting 2-3 months for that stuff

TraNs_aM
07-26-2008, 11:39 AM
it wasn't the ARP bolts that they said i was waiting on they said i was waiting on the crank pining kit but the thing is they kept TELLING me that it was gonan be in and shipped within a day or and that has not been the case seeing as i've called 4 times now and i called kilpatricks to see if they sell the crank pining kit and they said they dont really sell it they do it in house and i'd have to bring it there to get it done

Car Guy
07-26-2008, 11:45 AM
What about buying the parts through someone else and then take them down there yourself.....:devil

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

HY35F2T
07-26-2008, 11:57 AM
it wasn't the ARP bolts that they said i was waiting on they said i was waiting on the crank pining kit but the thing is they kept TELLING me that it was gonan be in and shipped within a day or and that has not been the case seeing as i've called 4 times now and i called kilpatricks to see if they sell the crank pining kit and they said they dont really sell it they do it in house and i'd have to bring it there to get it done

i would of just went to kilpatricks.

TraNs_aM
07-26-2008, 12:38 PM
i would of just went to kilpatricks.

ya not the closest for me and thought about having to take my motor up there drop it off and go back and pick it up

but i'm thinking about taking my motor to some place to get the harmonic balancer off cuz thats not working too well right now