theavenger333
07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
^ idiot

Silver86
07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
proof?

boostaddict14
07-25-2008, 03:23 PM
This is considered "cool" because it's a 240 but it has a frp bodykit and it's orange.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Mtndrifter14/nissan200sxs13_drift.jpg
Yet if you see the same color on a civic and a bodykit such as this
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Mtndrifter14/orange_civic_big_0001.jpg
you immediately classify it as rice.

therefore drift cars= rice

well the majority of them.

LIZMO
07-25-2008, 03:28 PM
lol, so did you see the thread on Zilvia about supraforums hate? lol classic.

boostaddict14
07-25-2008, 03:35 PM
lol, so did you see the thread on Zilvia about supraforums hate? lol classic.

yea i saw that although. I've always shared the same opinion about drift cars.
never have been a fan of frp.

An fc example for you silver86

yellow fc with lots of stickers and gt wing
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Mtndrifter14/pics-max-2-322243-mazda-rx7-fc-driv.jpg
yellow integra with wing and stickers.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Mtndrifter14/0610turp_01zhonda_integra_type_r_ju.jpg
granted that car was made by JUN who know their shit but nonetheless if you saw a loud obnoxious rsx you would say what a ricer. But drift cars are considered cool cause they can dorifto.

nismodave
07-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I disagree.

I am not a fan of drifting, never have been. But even if the cars have big bodykits and wings, at least they serve some sort of purpose on that type of car.

And not all drift cars have those accessories.

Silver86
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
i agree with dave... not all drift cars are obnoxious. granted... majority of them are (not sure what the deal is with making them look ridiculous) but there are a select few that are tastefully put together.

MoCkiN U
07-25-2008, 04:27 PM
both cars you pictured in the modified tuner scene arent rice. That term is waaay over used these days.

urban dictionary for you:

ricer

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

shoooo32
07-25-2008, 08:23 PM
what mockinU said x2. Also drifting is like u and a friend doing a long elaborate donut,
and I love donuts.

Bee
07-25-2008, 11:19 PM
i consider them "fried rice" ....... eventually they crash and hence get "fried".

Let's just let the term rice define itself in the real world and not blame most of them to Civics/RSXs/Cavaliers...etc. Sh1t I've seen Z28's(good numbers to date), Stangs(especially in the ghetto), Vipers(a few..hehe), EVO's(getting to be like a typical civic reputation) and Supras(a few here and there) rice-out like a mofo..... When it's rice it's rice don't matter the car:thumbsup

zerepdivad
07-26-2008, 12:10 AM
What's a drift car?

Troutman
07-26-2008, 10:22 AM
judged motorsports = ghey

Deggy
07-26-2008, 10:33 AM
So this must be domestic rice then?

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/130_0707_45_zformula_d_round_onedod.jpg

nismodave
07-26-2008, 10:40 AM

Ive been saying that for years...:rolf

Irish
07-26-2008, 11:06 AM

Amen.

boostaddict14
07-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Like I said.
Most drift cars are rice. Some aren't but in this day and age 90%-98% are
you have bass boat paint jobs, frp kits that get smashed and serve no purpose.

Yes i drift but lately i have just been getting sick of the s chasis/ drift crowd saying that honda's are ghey this and that when they don't know a damn thing. Drift cars are meant to be obnoxious thats just the way they work, but if you saw that shit on a car that wasn't rwd it would be considered rice. And now the vip scene is taking grip in cali and the east coast and working over to us and pretty soon what we once thought as a ghetto ass car will now be considered cool because it's JDM VIP.
/rant

nismodave
07-26-2008, 12:37 PM
No offense, but I think the silvia front end swap and rattle can paint jobs are ghey.

But thats my own opinion.

Styles change. Clothes, Music, Cars.......Its what you like.

I resisted putting bodykits and wings on my car for YEARS!!! Even though everyone would always ask me why I dont have one. Its all a matter of taste. The only faux paus I had was the blue wire loom under the hood, I had for a year.:punch:

Nissan guys will bash Honda guys......Ford owners will bash Chevy owners(and vice versa).....Everyone bashes Neon and Cobalt owners.... Its just the way it is.

boostaddict14
07-26-2008, 01:45 PM
im resisting paint till im done with everything else. Yea i don't like the flat black and never have. Im sick of everybody staring at my car like it's a P.O.S.

The game just seems to ghey these days. ka-t is the new sr etc. Fanboys everywhere you look.

and that was lame of you to come after my car.

nismodave
07-26-2008, 01:47 PM
I didnt come after your car. I gave an opinion, just like you did in starting this thread.

srt4eh
07-26-2008, 01:58 PM
its lame that everyone bashes neon owners :( lol

boostaddict14
07-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I didnt come after your car. I gave an opinion, just like you did in starting this thread.

fair enough.

HY35F2T
07-26-2008, 07:31 PM
I think its funny ppl that rip on ppl that drift for a living.Yet there still "better" than them.

boostaddict14
07-27-2008, 03:23 AM
I think its funny ppl that rip on ppl that drift for a living.Yet there still "better" than them.

No thats not the case im friends with a formula D driver and many other guys that are really good at drifting. They have way better skills than me. It's not them im after just the s chasis crowd thats all.

I've had mine for about 5 years now and 've watched the scene just plummet. I mean poor dave has had to deal with this BS so bad. I mean he had his car back in 01 or something like that before most people knew anything about the cars. But i guess this crap just comes with the territory.

Silver86
07-27-2008, 01:16 PM
The game just seems to ghey these days. ka-t is the new sr etc. Fanboys everywhere you look.

you can thank the movie industry for that (i.e. the fast and the furious)

boostin350z
08-02-2008, 10:46 PM
well 240's are becoming the new civic. cheap, rwd, and imo, look better than a honda. but as the trends are constantly changing, theres gonna be another big thing to hit. first it was big bodykits and wings, now its all jdm, and uber subtle body styling, and in japan there all about spo-com, which is almost the direct opposite of jdm. new things come and will get played out.

LIZMO
08-03-2008, 01:14 AM
hunter i <3 your car. i want a ride in it next time i see you!

which is hopefully soon so i can get my moneys. lol

boostin350z
08-03-2008, 11:23 AM
yea hunt, havenst seen you in a while. whats new?

boostaddict14
08-06-2008, 09:30 AM
hunter i <3 your car. i want a ride in it next time i see you!

done and done

And dimi just been working, as i leave for europe in a month.