Brett Favre is going to report to training camp :alcoholic

Neal Steffek
07-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Brett Favre is going to report to training camp :alcoholic

For the Jets or Tampa Bay.

0TransAm0
07-25-2008, 12:06 PM
i was waiting for it...

now they are saying that his intentions are to play this season with the packers... at least thats what they just said on fox 6

IMO greenbay would be stupid to trade him

Silver03SRT
07-25-2008, 12:10 PM
for the packers

lasttimearound
07-25-2008, 12:11 PM
im moving

Josepy
07-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Favre Saga is getting old. He made a mistake. We do not know all the details. They need to let him be the starter for Green Bay. He gives them the best chance to win. Sucks for Rodgers but he is not the guy.

Karps TA
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I am looking forward to Farve playing the 3rd quarter of preseason games with the no name backups and outscoring Rodgers first team offense.

Deggy
07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Brett Favre this, Brett Favre that, who the fvck cares.....

Get off his nutz!

boostaddict14
07-25-2008, 12:48 PM
i think he should pack it up and call it a day.

JC70SS
07-25-2008, 12:49 PM
One thought.....WHO THE HELL CARES. I hate the Packers!

Go BREWERS!!

Z06 KID
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
i dont hate the packers but i agree

GO BREWERS!!!!

lit666
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
i was waiting for it...

now they are saying that his intentions are to play this season with the packers... at least thats what they just said on fox 6

IMO greenbay would be stupid NOT to trade him

Fixed for you

70 cutlass 442
07-25-2008, 01:11 PM
hey now, the brews are going to blow it way before they get close to the world series, at least the packers have been to a super bowl in the past 25 years!!

Karps TA
07-25-2008, 01:15 PM
I still say let him go. If he wants to sign with the Vikings then fine. If the Packers are that scared of him QB'ing against them, then he should be playing for them.

ProjectCamaro
07-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I say let him go as well. How many more times is he going to do this crap plus he can only play so many more years anyways. Get some nice young guys that can play for years to come.

70 cutlass 442
07-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I say let him go as well. How many more times is he going to do this crap plus he can only play so many more years anyways. Get some nice young guys that can play for years to come.

I hear michael Vick will be looking for employment soon

RanJer
07-26-2008, 03:06 AM

+1
I'm just sick of hearing about this crap. Just cause you're an MVP qb I don't think you get the right to fvck with the heads of your team, your fans, and the entire football community.

Go back to Mississippi and stay there.

nismodave
07-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Piss on FAVRE. What an A-HOLE!!!

I dont like the Packers, but Im on thier side for this one. Thier season is already fvcked.

Rocket Power
07-26-2008, 09:47 AM
He could come back as a 2nd string and when Rodgers goes out for the season after getting an injury while putting on his pants for the first pre-season game, he'll be #1 again:rolf

Deggy
07-26-2008, 10:34 AM
I hear michael Vick will be looking for employment soon

Felon or not, he is a good QB.

Karps TA
07-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Felon or not, he is a good QB.

No he's a good RB, he's a below avg QB.

Deggy
07-26-2008, 10:42 AM
No he's a good RB, he's a below avg QB.

If he would actually learn to be a pocket passer and stop running for his own yardage he would be an amazing QB. Have you seen him throw? He practically can flick his wrist and bomb the ball 50-60 yards.

Karps TA
07-26-2008, 10:54 AM
If he would actually learn to be a pocket passer and stop running for his own yardage he would be an amazing QB. Have you seen him throw? He practically can flick his wrist and bomb the ball 50-60 yards.

Throwing the ball far doesn't make you a great QB. Jeff George could throw a ball better then anyone QB I've ever seen. And he's not making it into Canton any time soon.

I personally am shocked at the fans reaction to Favre. Had he done something illegal and was suspended for a year people would have forgiven him easily, but he was forced to make a decision in a time frame that was too soon, and now regrets that decision and some of you "fans" just completely crap on him.

Maybe alot of you guys are too young to remember anything before Favre and how terrible not only the QB was, but the team was. In Favre's time we've always had a shot, no matter how little actual talent we had on the team, and we always knew who was lining up behind center. The guy has played thru everything, and always played with his heart totally into it.

Fact of the matter is he made a poor decision, but what he felt at that time, was the right one. Coming so close to another SB, and not knowing if he could go thru a whole season again. And from what it sounds like the coach and the GM weren't exactly begging him to come back. But he has the right to change his mind. And if the Packers think he's washed up then they should have no problem releasing him and letting him play wherever. If they think he's still very good, then he should be playing in GB.

I can't believe nobody thinks it's odd that a team 3 points away from the Super Bowl did NOTHING this offseason to get better. The Packers have the second most cap room in the NFL, 32.5 mil, second only to the Chiefs. Usually teams that get that close are looking to find a way to get that extra piece to go all the way. The Packers did nothing in free agency, again, and their draft was nothing but backups.

So knowing that, why did Favre need to make a decision so early? How did him coming back, or not affect what the Packers were going to do? They needed another QB regardless, and they always draft best player available, so Brohm was a fit anyway you look at it.

I think fans are going to see a big drop off this year. The team isn't that talented. Thompson hasn't drafted any all pro's yet. Our 2 CB's looked very old by the end of the season, and they don't have much backing them up. And the RB situation, although Grant looked good at times, his yardage came on big runs, and the Giants proved that you can easily stop him if you want to.

Anyway, just release the guy, and let him sign where he wants. Trading him to a shit team just to flaunt your ego more, is not the way to do things. Not for a guy who's been so important to WI for the last 16 years.

Smokey1226
07-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I think fans are going to see a big drop off this year. The team isn't that talented. Thompson hasn't drafted any all pro's yet. Our 2 CB's looked very old by the end of the season, and they don't have much backing them up. And the RB situation, although Grant looked good at times, his yardage came on big runs, and the Giants proved that you can easily stop him if you want to.

:rolleyes:
1) We have a top 3 def in the league even with old CB's

2) Grant destroyed every RB in the league expect LT. And with that, that was a brand new YOUNG off. Line. Give them an extra year together and you could see amazing stuff.

3) For the Giants situation, i cant argue that no one could run on the Giants line expect for A-Train. But look at what happened when we decided to throw....first game we won by why 30 points or so? Playoff game, we still played damn close and anyone would say the Packers were not playing on all cylinders. Needless to say, the team isnt Talented your outta your mind.

No doubt in my mind, every team in the NFC is fearing the thought of Favre coming back with that group of WR's. When you can play 5 wide and master it, you own the field. Ask New England.

4) As for salary room, Tompson is playing this like a genius...let things play our and then spend money where you need to fill the gaps. Like if Favre came back, spend the money on a new CB or Safety. If he doesnt, like Rodgers play, if he cant hold his own use some of that money to pick up someone like Culpepper!