PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear crashes England's only Nissan GT-R press car

Goat Roper
07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/22/top-gear-crashes-englands-only-nissan-gt-r-press-car/

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/07/gtrtopgearcrash.jpg

Mr Twigbert
07-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Sad part is I wouldn't want to be the first but yet I would..

Explain that???

GRAMPS SS
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM
brandon hit it...

Russ Jerome
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM
The people on that show are stupid, not pushing the car to its limits but
they just seem to be downright idiots at driving. They are rarely even
close on mechanical dialog and there driving looks like a 1st year drivers
ed class on ice.

"The EVO just has no boost from a roll........."
Well dumbass you actualy have to move that little shifter and
not try and bog a 2000rpm 5th gear peddle drop and expect it
to take off like an Enzo in first gear! Hate that show, got there
jobs from a lottery drawing or something.

Russ Jerome
07-23-2008, 05:32 PM
True story, Im sitting there watching Top Gear Loosers and my 16yr
old son then says "Are they being saracastic or do they not even know
how a 4 stroke motor works?" My 16yr old son! He's learned more
about motors in Milwaukee Public Schools than these fools know!

Poncho
07-23-2008, 07:06 PM
What's Bondo going to do to it's 'ring time!?

Yooformula
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
I love it!

Heat Seeker WS6
07-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm quite sure those guys know what theye're doing behind the wheel otherwise they wouldnt be doing what they do. Look how many cars they've driven over time and where they've driven them and NOT balled them up. Half the fun of, or on the other hand- the hatred/annoyance towards the show is thier scarcasm & hyjinks. Also Gotta love Tanner Faust trying to 'drift' every car he gets his hands on in Supercars Exposed.
For a cut & dry car show theres always Motorweek.

Yooformula
07-23-2008, 07:54 PM
actually John, they have wrecked more than a few cars on the show.

Karps TA
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I love Top Gear. It's the only car related show that doesn't bow down and suck any mfg's ****. If a car is crappy they say it is. People get upset cause they rip on Americans, and American made cars, but c'mon it's pretty true for the most part. Alot of our cars are pretty blah. Their stunts and stuff crack me up. They seem to me to be no different then if you got 2 of my friends and myself and were asked to do a similar show. I love watching Jeremy Clarkson power sliding a turn while talking about the leather seats. That kind of stuff cracks me up.

And the fact that they wreck a car once in a great while, only shows they are actually driving them.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-23-2008, 08:09 PM
actually John, they have wrecked more than a few cars on the show.

And they'll wreck more. Ill keep on watching like many others and have a good time doing so :thumbsup

Yooformula
07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
I do like that they beat on every car but I really dont like their excessive dislike for American made cars. It seemed to me that every episode I have watched of theirs they always bash the American made rides. The only show they didnt do that for was the latest Z06, other than that, they do nothing but bash.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-23-2008, 08:15 PM
I thought they didnt like the cupholders or something in the Z06? :rolf

Karps TA
07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
If you were getting to drive Ferrari's, Porsche's, Audi R8, Aston Martins, etc, and then were given a Ford Mustang, really how excited would you be?

The Ford Mondeo was their car of the year last year.

Windsors 03 Cobra
07-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Looks like someoen rear ended the thing ?
Jeremy Clarkson said the C6Z06 was trash.

Todd Z
07-23-2008, 08:43 PM
I love Top Gear. It's the only car related show that doesn't bow down and suck any mfg's ****. If a car is crappy they say it is. People get upset cause they rip on Americans, and American made cars, but c'mon it's pretty true for the most part. Alot of our cars are pretty blah. Their stunts and stuff crack me up. They seem to me to be no different then if you got 2 of my friends and myself and were asked to do a similar show. I love watching Jeremy Clarkson power sliding a turn while talking about the leather seats. That kind of stuff cracks me up.

And the fact that they wreck a car once in a great while, only shows they are actually driving them.

X2 :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Russ Jerome
07-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Half the fun of, or on the other hand- the hatred/annoyance towards the show is thier scarcasm & hyjinks. .

A show that wrecks cars is great, as long as they dont try and
talk about mechanical or technical stuff. It drives me nuts listening
to actors try and talk about mechanical aspects like forced induction
or under/oversteer, they need to attend a few basic engineering
class' or stick with comedy (bad comedy) like you said.

The Evo not boosting in high gear at 50mph was the last show I
watched, maybe I'll try and stomach another to see if its changed.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-23-2008, 11:00 PM
at least the F-body isnt around for them to make fun of :rolf:goof

jbiscuit
07-24-2008, 07:37 AM
I love the show....very entertaining. Have any of you watched Motorweek in awhile? :rolf Watch the old episodes where they beat up the Toyota HiLux (pick-up) or the supercars in Paris. CLASSIC!

07ROUSHSTG3
07-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Top gear is one of my favorite shows. I would tend to think that they all know quite a bit about cars, and that their driving skills would make most here look pretty silly.

boostaddict14
07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I like top gear as well. There making a new American version but i personally think it will flop.

Windsors 03 Cobra
07-24-2008, 10:03 AM
I also like Top Gear and all the fellows on the show.
Did I hear that Adam Carolla will be on the US Top Gear ? Use to love his loveline radio show and of course the man show, he also hates American cars but he can be funny.

CobraSnake
07-24-2008, 10:07 AM
meh I don't mind the show. There are good episodes and bad ones. The one that really pops out in my head though is the episode where they were testing the "Mustang GT" when really they had a V6 mustang. That pissed me off because they were talking about how crappy it was when it was the complete base model mustang.

Mark