PDA

View Full Version : Woot WOot

Smokey1226
07-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Gas down currently another $4/barrel! Keep it coming keep it coming.

DirtyMax
07-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Don't worry.. hurricane season is just around the corner to ravage some refineries...

In fact there's one in/near the gulf right now, isn't there?

Silver86
07-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Gas down currently another $4/barrel! Keep it coming keep it coming.

i know, right!

Cryptic
07-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Here's a novel idea... Move the f'n refineries away from the hurricanes. (or don't build them there in the first place.)

Might as well build on San Andreas Fault. I understand the need for easy transport of the oil, but at the cost of your facilities being wiped out by a storm is stupid.

Smokey1226
07-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Here's a novel idea... Move the f'n refineries away from the hurricanes. (or don't build them there in the first place.)

Might as well build on San Andreas Fault. I understand the need for easy transport of the oil, but at the cost of your facilities being wiped out by a storm is stupid.

:confused The Refineries are there for a reason. There isnt much oil in the middle of the states, its all near the cost line. Which obviously could be target to any hurricane.

I wish it was that easy but its not, Howeve we can all just hope no hurricanes hit.

Smokey1226
07-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Closeing bell Price-$124.xx Down just over $4

SmokinRAM114
07-23-2008, 05:06 PM
you can woot woot when diesel goes under $4 a gallon! until then ill continue to kick u where it hurts

Rocket Power
07-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I saw 3.84 this afternoon in hales corners. I filed up this morning for 3.89

Breecher_7
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
you can woot woot when diesel goes under $4 a gallon! until then ill continue to kick u where it hurts

Then you will be only $2.00 away from your free tanks....... :rolf

Z28Roxy
07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Saw $3.81 near Lake Geneva today.

Oh, and how long until the speculators ask for a bail out? :rolf

mrz28M6
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
only 4.51 here today! god i cant wait to get back to WI

Smokey1226
07-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Umm my DD im only paying $3.95/gal so suck on dez nuts!

BTW: After todays closing price, our Price at the Pump should be $3.80 for Regular within the next 2 days :thumbsup Diesel will be $4.55

1siksrt
07-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Umm my DD im only paying $3.95/gal so suck on dez nuts!

BTW: After todays closing price, our Price at the Pump should be $3.80 for Regular within the next 2 days :thumbsup Diesel will be $4.55

Chad= GAY THAT IS ALL!!!

GRAMPS SS
07-23-2008, 10:32 PM
since you have a station chadly...what is your predictions in the future of gas prices...

Smokey1226
07-23-2008, 10:41 PM
since you have a station chadly...what is your predictions in the future of gas prices...

All i know is that i have some big dollar bets that Barrel Price in the $80/range by the End of January.

As to what that equals on the pumps i have no idea.

Heres a for instance......Price went up $3/barrel and cost price went up 15cents.

Price just dropped $4/barrel and that only equaled 10cents drop.

So if that dont tell ya something about how screwy it is, then i dont know what will! Either way, i wouldnt be suprised with low $3's in January.

ponyride00
07-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Its funny how we are all happy when its in the 3.80s lol.

Smokey1226
07-23-2008, 11:36 PM

I understand what your saying however.....

(1) we cant do anything about it so we have to deal with what they give us

(2) from $4.20/gal to $3.80/gal is kind of a big deal.

$0.40/gal over the course of the year depending on how much your drive is a few thousand dollar savings.

lasttimearound
07-23-2008, 11:52 PM
what makes you think it will be down to 80 a barrel? just curious.

Z28Roxy
07-24-2008, 12:23 AM
I understand what your saying however.....

(1) we cant do anything about it so we have to deal with what they give us

(2) from $4.20/gal to $3.80/gal is kind of a big deal.

$0.40/gal over the course of the year depending on how much your drive is a few thousand dollar savings.

What?

If you use 20 gallons a week (which is 400 miles a week / 20,800 miles per year, in a 20mpg car), the yearly savings for $.40/gallon difference is "only" $416. You'd need to drive a truck or 1000 miles/week to see even $1000/year difference. Not that I won't take the $416. And blow it on strippers.

Z28Roxy
07-24-2008, 12:25 AM

Yeah still way higher than it was a year ago, but hey, $3.80s is better than $4.20s.

lasttimearound
07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
seems like 420's used to be pretty good...

Smokey1226
07-24-2008, 11:01 AM
What?

If you use 20 gallons a week (which is 400 miles a week / 20,800 miles per year, in a 20mpg car), the yearly savings for $.40/gallon difference is "only" $416. You'd need to drive a truck or 1000 miles/week to see even $1000/year difference. Not that I won't take the $416. And blow it on strippers.

Im talking about other people, the Truckers/The Landscapers who have a big fleet of trucks, or Guys who are pulling big loads like myself.

That adds up real fast. When your only getting 9-13mpg on a daily basis

For my Beater car that gets 33mpg, it makes a difference but not a huge difference.

As for why i think it will be there, because ive been told by people who's word i trust. And thats what they are believing.

Also its a fact that gas always comes down after any type of Political Election, which will all be done in January. That plays a huge role, plus with the new Canidates trying to push any type of Fuel Savings plans, they will see a drop from that as well.

CobraSnake
07-24-2008, 11:11 AM
seems like 420's used to be pretty good...

still are:goof

lit666
07-24-2008, 11:23 AM
paid $3.69 at Andy's on 76th and Good Hope this morning.

SmokinRAM114
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
$4.63 for diesel, cheepest iv seen for a while.. but still ******* GAY. ill still complain when its under $3 a gallon cuz its still not a deal. its bullshit that a raw crude can be more expensive then a refined gas. i dont give a **** wat is in it it should be WAY cheaper still.

Smokey1226
07-24-2008, 11:31 AM
I agree 100%

CobraSnake
07-24-2008, 11:53 AM
paid $3.69 at Andy's on 76th and Good Hope this morning.

DAMN!!!! I'm going to fill up there right after work. Or maybe during I haven't decided yet.

Mark

UnderPSI
07-24-2008, 12:25 PM
I agree 100%

What do you guys make per gallon of gas? I would amagine you would make a lot less per gallon if they pay with card. Just curious how the cost per gallon on my end breaks down.

Thanks.

Smokey1226
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
What do you guys make per gallon of gas? I would amagine you would make a lot less per gallon if they pay with card. Just curious how the cost per gallon on my end breaks down.

Thanks.

Just for Grins.....We pay 3% for all Credit Cards not only for gas but everything else.

last year alone we had to pay out $60k for fee's. I wanted to punch the lady in the teeth!!!

That would of paid for my 98QS Supra with a 3.4 Stroker and full headgames top end :D lol Flick

Flicktitty
07-24-2008, 12:57 PM
That would of paid for my 98QS Supra with a 3.4 Stroker and full headgames top end :D lol Flick

:stare

Smokey1226
07-24-2008, 12:58 PM
:stare

:wow did i say that?!?!

lit666
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
gas by me is 20 cents less a gallon if you pay with cash or their gas card.

Flicktitty
07-24-2008, 01:04 PM
:wow did i say that?!?!

yessum ya sure did!

CPonyGo
07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
in the city gas is only 4-5 cents cheaper...no biggie...I won't go there to save 4 cents..they need to make it worth my while to sit in line with the idiots when I can go across the street to Hometown that is price matching and I can use my card....good business there...with the price difference's all over the board to the tune of 20-40 cents just goes to prove the fu(king going on...

lit666
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM
in the city gas is only 4-5 cents cheaper...no biggie...I won't go there to save 4 cents..they need to make it worth my while to sit in line with the idiots when I can go across the street to Hometown that is price matching and I can use my card....good business there...with the price difference's all over the board to the tune of 20-40 cents just goes to prove the fu(king going on...

+1... I totally agree

Smokey1226
07-24-2008, 01:29 PM

people say things like that but in reality theres a LOT of things you dont know.....

1) Being there are like 25 different "Markets" within Wisconsin and Northern ILL. Meaning of all 25 markets, everyone's costs are different. Some are really cheap like some places by the boarder, others being high.

So with that being said, my area is the HIGHEST, most expensive. Those places your talking could be in a different cheaper market, and the others being in the high market. Meaning across the street from one place could be higher than the other simply because their cost from the terminal is more. And you have to make money or else you wouldnt be in business.

Honestly, if we didnt sell all our sandwiches/Groceries/ect we would of been out of business already due to gas profits. We make NOTHING compared to back in the day.

2) In the inner city there is a lot of SHADYness that goes on....meaning (just like the paper about 4 months ago) Guys who are branded Citgo/Shell/BP/Merathon...could be getting just regular gas with no additives kind of like Andy's. Thats why they are cheaper. On the news the guy who got caught supplying 50+ stations that were branded Both BP and Citgo....with Un-branded/Un-Additive gas and selling it for a branded Stations gas price. Now that is screwing people.

If we wanted to go non-branded gas we would be cheaper....but the extra few cents that were higher is because your paying for the Detergents/Additives. Like when diesel goes up in winter....and guys add all kinds of Gel Additives.....its already mixed into the fuel! They dont know that because no one tells them, im one of the only guys who well honestly tell whats going on.

3) When you have Arabs running stations, they dont care what they are making so they undercut everyone else and make the minimum markup. We would be killed if that happened by us

4) and lastly, too anyone who comes into our station and says something along those lines to me...."Why is it that 25 miles north of here gas is 8cents a gallon cheaper, you guys are screwing us"

My reply...."If thats so buddy, why is the station just down the road from us, the 5 stations in waterford, and part of burlington ALL THE SAME DAMN PRICE, Use your head"

Sorry, but i get it all the time and needed to Rant

We'll never own a Station in the inner city, simply because its all about who is the most Shady. We want nothing to do with that.

CPonyGo
07-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Actually I live in stallis but get downtown and few stations are high...all I keep hearing about is Markets...when in fact all I keep seeing is gas trucks running out from the holding taks off of Brown Deer Rd...so there are 25 markets all demanding different prices yet all delivered by virtually the same truckers...thsoe 4 statements make no sense what so ever...no offense meant..BUT it sounds like a pre programed response. I complain sure but at the same time would not want to be in the business.

shoooo32
07-24-2008, 04:17 PM
If you use 20 gallons a week (which is 400 miles a week / 20,800 miles per year, in a 20mpg car), the yearly savings for $.40/gallon difference is "only" $416. You'd need to drive a truck or 1000 miles/week to see even $1000/year difference. Not that I won't take the $416. And blow it on strippers.[/QUOTE]

So that's what happened to my stripper money. If oil gets down to $80 a barrel I can make them a hobby again.:banana

Smokey1226
07-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Actually I live in stallis but get downtown and few stations are high...all I keep hearing about is Markets...when in fact all I keep seeing is gas trucks running out from the holding taks off of Brown Deer Rd...so there are 25 markets all demanding different prices yet all delivered by virtually the same truckers...thsoe 4 statements make no sense what so ever...no offense meant..BUT it sounds like a pre programed response. I complain sure but at the same time would not want to be in the business.

Actully you are 100%, next time you are around my area ill show you the paper where each Market closes at different prices. You might think its BS but in actuatlity what you jsut said is true.

In fact, our Delivery Trucks are WRJ trucks. They deliver all the way down to mid ILL and they price is higher than ours by 25cents. They also deliver up to Beaver Dam area and is 15 cheaper than our area. They deliver to over 100 stations, and we know the owners VERY WELL and even they will sit down and show you paper work if you want. Do i think its fair? Hell no, can we do anything about it.....believe me my Mom and Dad have tried and nothing. Hell i even asked for the same fuel that the town of Lions gets (Non-Ethanol) gas. They told me we cant due to Our County setup and all of that junk.

So please before you think im talking BS, stop on in and ill sit down and show you. If we were getting Rich off gas, you think i would be driving a beat up 94 Toyota Corolla that has a shit ton of dents in it? Or car pooling with my parents on Sunday mornings.........

CPonyGo
07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
No I don't believe you-your parents or anyone is talking BS...just trying to get a straight answer. I worked at a station (Amaco-Okl/hwy100) for a few years and kinda of know where you are coming from....I guess its just bitching out loud...lol

GRAMPS SS
07-24-2008, 10:41 PM
^^^^^what about that new Z06 you ordered....just for sunny days...

GRAMPS SS
07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
i see the goverment being asked for a BAIL out to make up for lost profits from the big gas companies that made what....a zillion dollars profit last quarter...but now they only made 11 billion....screw that ...