PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism at work, what to do?

pOrk
07-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Got a phone call today from a co-worker that explained that my locker / toolbox was vandalized with spray paint. Apparently someone at work got in trouble and assumed I had something to do with it and decided to spray paint the word KNARK on bright red on my freshly powder coated locker that I made a few months ago.

I left Sunday at 5 pm and by 4:45 am Monday morning it had been done. There are only 3 people in my department 2nd shift weekends, 1 of which is much to mature to do something so childish and the other two are butt budds but one has no balls. So I am almost positive I know WHO did it. My concern is that the supervisor will do nothing and if I retaliate it is going to turn into a war, which I do NOT want considering the other ass clowns involved are both losers that have nothing better to do then play games.

I take my job seriously and don't want to lose it over some stupid bs, but I will NOT have this kind of shit in the work place. I work to make a living, not to play games.

Any suggestions? I don't even know where to start besides calling my supervisor in the morning and asking him what the **** is going on. I rarely see / talk to him since he works another shift then I do, and I do NOT get involved with bs politics at work ( aka ratting people out for not doing their jobs ) because I do not care. I do my job and go home, that is that.

Yooformula
07-22-2008, 11:50 PM
ouch, I would take those aside that you think might be involved and talk to them.

WickedSix
07-22-2008, 11:52 PM
supervisor....thats kinda their job to deal with sh!t like this at the workplace

Smokey1226
07-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Tire Iron to the dome will send the message real quick!

nismodave
07-23-2008, 12:00 AM
X2 for supervisor.

Z28Envy
07-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Talk to your Supervisor and let them handle it. The last thing your boss will want is you confronting them and making things worse. It is the supervisor's job to look into it. If the supervisor doesn't do anything, then you will have to decide if you want to go over him and talk to someone higher up. It is a stupid situation that sucks for you. Even if they can't do anything/prove who did it, they will pretty much know and that will help them later on when he does something to get himself in trouble again and he will if he is dumb enough to do this in the first place.

70 cutlass 442
07-23-2008, 12:01 AM
call the cops, they sprayed your box that you own.

WickedSix
07-23-2008, 12:05 AM
did they really spell it knark?? good god people are getting stupid

Slow Joe
07-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Does paint thinner remove powder coat?

If not, talk to your supervisor, clean off the paint... And call it a day...

pOrk
07-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Paint thinner will take care of it, I'm not worried about that part of it. What I am worried about is this escalating to him ******* with my tools, motorcycle, or personal vehicle if he is going to go as far as messing with my locker / box.

He has very little production and is walking on needles to begin with.

As for calling the police, I don't think I want to trouble them with something like this since I can reverse the damage. At least I think I can, I haven't seen it yet since I won't be back into work till Friday.

pOrk
07-23-2008, 12:19 AM

I don't want to lose my job or go to jail over it, just want it handled before it escalates and I have to knock his teeth out.

88Nightmare
07-23-2008, 12:21 AM
id say talking to those assclowns is out of the question, they are a little air-headed.

CPonyGo
07-23-2008, 08:16 AM
I would be in there asap talking to the supe and possibly taking pics and calling the cops if need be just to go on record should there be another incident. I mean I wouldn't wait...

jbiscuit
07-23-2008, 08:24 AM
supervisor for sure.....it is part of his job to sort out stuff like this. If he won't handle it, then you above HIM. Because not only will that help solve your problem but it will bring light to the fact that supervisor isn't doing HIS job and handling a employee issue.

Don't retaliate or anything like that. As luck will have it, you'd lose YOUR job and the asshat will keep his or something lame like that.

Cryptic
07-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Your supervisor should see to it that the other guy gets fired. No business wants people around like that.

Feature Pony
07-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Go to your supervisor, if he does nothing go straight to the VP and demand that something better get taken care of or your going to fix it yourself!!! That should get the matter taken care of real quick.

DirtyMax
07-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Find out who it was, tell BCM, mark will be retired. :devil

wikked
07-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Put this on his locker:

http://www.klov.com/images/11/118124213995.jpg

pOrk
07-23-2008, 10:30 AM
his name is Bob Norton, not sure of spelling. I called my supervisor and he knew nothing about it, claimed he would address the situation on Friday.

I don't think he plans on doing anything by the way he sounded on the phone. Not happy.

Nix
07-23-2008, 10:39 AM
his name is Bob Norton, not sure of spelling. I called my supervisor and he knew nothing about it, claimed he would address the situation on Friday.

I don't think he plans on doing anything by the way he sounded on the phone. Not happy.

If thats the case then the place you call work and the person you call boss are comepletley unprofessional in my book. In the places I have worked that would NOT be tolerated not for one second. People would be repremanded and most likley fired.

Have you thought that maybe its time to change jobs/company?

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck E.

H8RADE
07-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Unless you know for a FACT that this guy did it, posting his info on a public forum is monumentally stupid.
The legal ramifications of posting info on the web these days can be far worse than what you would get for punching someone in the throat.
I know because I deal with it daily.
Law firms are making a killing right now prosecuting people for slander on the internet.
Since no one else is asking...Did you rat the guy out?
Aside from that, man the fawk up and handle your business, preferably without gossiping on a public forum.
You know what you ought to do, so get it done.
:shades

DirtyMax
07-23-2008, 10:47 AM
I gotta agree that posting his name with no concrete proof is asking for trouble.

pOrk
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm not going to lose my job over something so stupid, if they don't do anything I am going to look for another job. I really like the shift that I'm working now and not too many businesses offer it so changing jobs would be a last resort.

I'd prefer NOT working in a hostile environment.

After talking to another co-worker this morning, I know it was him. I figured it was him from the get go.

xxsn0blindxx
07-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Does your company have an HR department? If they do, depending on how this plays out, I would go them and file a complaint against the person responsible for the damage, stating that they have created a hostile environment and have harassed you by damaging your personal property. You might consider filing a complaint against your supervisor for not responding to the situation. This may bite you later, but if it is on file, as it should be then, you would have a case if you were discriminated against by your supervisor. As others have stated, any organization that tolerates this kind of crap is no place that I would want to be working in and I would be looking for a different company to work for.

Oh yeah when you get back be sure to put up a sign boldly stating "IT'S SPELLED NARC YOU IGNORANT RETARD!"

Cutlass Queen
07-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Oh yeah when you get back be sure to put up a sign boldly stating "IT'S SPELLED NARC YOU IGNORANT RETARD!"

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

wrath
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM

And put underneath it:

"I could've been your father but the dog ran faster than me."

Fscking with a coworker's stuff is a disaster in the making. You have to work with these people. It's not like the neighbor two houses down whose dog shits in your yard so you throw it on their front step. I can't believe he'd spraypaint your stuff.

Smokey1226
07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't want to lose my job or go to jail over it, just want it handled before it escalates and I have to knock his teeth out.

You'd probably go to jail either way, you mine as well use my suggestion! Atleast you would have a cool story to tell in jail! And ill come visit you

Silver86
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
hope everything turns out for the good...

Reverend Cooper
07-23-2008, 08:53 PM
no cameras in this place for surveilence or anything. if not i guess you should not be a ***** and do whats gotta be done

Firefighter Z
07-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Put a sign on your box stating that some panzsie ass mofo did this to my box they dont have the ball to fess up. Or something along those lines... Just make it known to the other co-workers of whats going on then something would bound to happen.

STANMAN
07-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Hold your supervisor to his word, he gave you a deadline. Contact him that day and ask him what the solution is. If it is not to your satisfaction, or he hasn't even looked into it, go to your HR department. Be honest with everyone all along the way, tell them exactly what you would like to see done, and ask for a timeframe of when you can expect action to be taken. Then hold them to it. Whatever you do, don't take this into your own hands, keep your hands clean of EVERYTHING, let the people whos job it is to take care of this take care of it, as it will makes things much better if the rubber ever has to hit the road and you have to call the cops/get a lawyer.

moels
07-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Plain and simple, go to your supervisor. He doesn't do anything, follow the chain of command. If that doesn't work, try the useless whores in HR and see if they do something. If noone wants to help, find the dude in the bar and introduce him to some pain. Spend a night in the hoosgow to get your satisfaction. It's off work property so you don't have to worry about your job. Ever hear the saying " let's meet at the stop sign" ?

Reverend Cooper
07-23-2008, 10:27 PM
better yet get your own pos web cam and a pos laptop and make your own survielence setup get it on tape then let your super. rape his ass

GTSLOW
07-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Aside from that, man the fawk up and handle your business, preferably without gossiping on a public forum.
You know what you ought to do, so get it done.
:shades

x1000000000000000000000000000

Seriously, well pending the supervisor doesn't handle it.

GTSLOW
07-23-2008, 11:24 PM
better yet get your own pos web cam and a pos laptop and make your own survielence setup get it on tape then let your super. rape his ass

:rolf

And whats up with the last part. :goof :confused :wtf

gottwins?
07-24-2008, 06:21 PM

+1

Respect is key, people woulnt do shit to me like this because they know what will happen, obviously you need to get the mssg. across.:whip

BoosTT
07-24-2008, 07:09 PM
I would leave any spray paint on and then make a point to other co-workers that he did it. His joke kinda backfires then.

Supervisors hate dealing with sh!t like this. I always find myself wondering why I have to tell people they cant smoke in the warehouse, or they can't lie on their time card, they can't come in just to erase their schedule that day. Whats even worse is "my grandma had a stroke, I cant come in". No matter what you do, it sucks.

Leaving the paint on, forces your supervisor to deal with it.

CobraSnake
07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
^^^^ yeah but after time aren't you not able to fully get it off? Then you would have to sue for a new box which would be time consuming. JMO

Mark

Reverend Cooper
07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
I mean really,this all could be handles with a good punch to the face?

pOrk
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
^ and I would lose my job, what a great idea.

Karps TA
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey what's more important, being cool, or being employed? Sometimes life has tough decisions.

Yellow2k1vette
07-24-2008, 09:34 PM
I'd just get a professional repair estimate in writing and submit it to your boss (or appropriate person at your company) as a claim...just like you would with any insurance claim. The higher the estimate you can get, the better.

Stay out of the personal drama, and just deal with what you have - damaged personal items that occurred on company property.
If the company doesn't enjoy paying the cost of in-house vandalism, they will find and kill the source of it.

If they don't care, and don't wish to reimburse you...then job shopping is the next step, or, perhaps a green light for you to plot revenge without fearing repercussion (your call as to which might apply to your specific situation).

:haveabeer

STANMAN
07-24-2008, 09:35 PM
That's a fine looking Vette!

badass88gt
07-24-2008, 09:44 PM
I would go the humiliation route. Make a sign, or better yet take a paint pen and right on the tool box about the spineless dumb**** that vandalized your toolbox and didnt even have the intelligence to spell the damn word correctly.

Personally I would never go to the supervisor. I would handle my business, not necessarily violently, there are other ways.

lordairgtar
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Put snakes in his tool box.