PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play paintball regularly?? league or tourney?

07ROUSHSTG3
07-21-2008, 09:23 PM
just as the title says.

i played paintball last weekend for a bachelor party and it reminded me how fun it is. i used to play every weekend a few years ago. me and my buddies used to take on tourney teams to help them practice. i am thinking about getting back into it, but i am finding out that it is all but dead up here in my neck of the woods :confused anyone in here play at all. if so what kind of gear do you have. I used to have a minimag with electronic trigger that i could do 12 balls a second in fully auto mode! i wish i would still have it, but i imagine that they have come a long way.

post up with what you got.

Reverend Cooper
07-21-2008, 10:16 PM
i had a auto mag with e-grip. i now have a a10 i am ready when you are

animal
07-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow, mag users.

Mine:
1 of 25 factory ULE Tequila fade EMAG with a TL63 blade trigger :)
http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/emag.jpg

I upgraded the warp with the 12v mod running off the emag battery. I could never get it to misfeed at all unless I ran out of paint in the hopper. Once the halo B came out, there was no way you could fire fast enough to outfeed both the halo and the 12v warp when used together. I'm a true semi guy... no ramp up trigger pull crap here :) I can (or could at the time I was in tourneys) usually sustain 12-13bps pure finger drumming. I actually played 4 times a week in my "peak". wed&fri at daves and sat/sun at sams every week all spring and summer one year. Then I found cars and buying car parts.

animal
07-22-2008, 12:25 AM
"The elements" were actually pretty decent at one point in dave's indoor tourneys:
http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/tourney.jpg

Also my other two rigs:
Centerfeed "diggers" zgrip minimag
http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/minmag.jpg

Warp fed flatline M-98 (rarely used but still fun if you ever used a flatline barrel)
http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/M98.jpg

Hooray for action shots :banana
http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/action1.jpg
http://www.pissmeoff.info/pics/action2.jpg

07ROUSHSTG3
07-22-2008, 07:13 AM
where do you guys buy your mag stuff?

i didn;t know they still made mags. i have been out of the game for a while. when i played angel and shocker were the top togs, but it looks like some other guys are now making some good markers!

1fast2litre
07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Funny I was just thinking how I want to start playing again, I used to do tourneys back in the day with stormfront but just played on and off for the last couple years with friends. I have have a Alias Intimidator that I love and a Smartparts Ion for a Backup which for the money isnt bad 20+ BPS with psp ramp :headbang

CobraSnake
07-22-2008, 09:11 AM
I used to play back when I was like 16 or 17 but then I got out of it because so did all my friends. I would love to play just don't have the money to buy all the equipment again. I say we set up a BCM Paintball day. We can have our own tourney.

Mark

animal
07-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Heh, ramping. The age old debate on semiauto legality, but I still think it's cheating because i'm a purist. One shot per pull no matter how many pulls you make :P If I grabbed the emag software with the shot buffering I could've been 14-15 maybe 16sps or so, but it wasn't tourney legal according to the rules at the time so I never got the upgrade.

Now getting a mag basically means a mechanical marker. That lame smartparts lawsuit crap pretty much killed the market as it was back in it's glory when manufacturers could really compete with each other. AGD (made the mags) was sold and unless you know people now, you can't really get any of the emag software. I think they might still sell the replacement emag boards and extra parts but that area of development is all but dead. The agd factory teams, from what I understand, no longer use mags... and warp feeds are as reclusive as they were when they were new. When I play with mine I still get people that have never seen one before, and the same old arguments against them. Something about a big target on the side of the gun, and too heavy blah blah. I think they're all just afraid to try something new. If you make some slight adaptations to your play the warp can really benefit you. Obviously not for everyone though.

FTR mags have always been the underdog that people hate. Not sure why. Granted PB sams was like mag-central a few years back so it was easy to get into them.

*EDIT* at least you didn't say autococker lol.

UnderPSI
07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
I love to play. We all should go out.

I have an 07 Angel One 32bps

and an 01 Angel LCD for back up. I still have my select fire shocker too.

Berettaspeed
07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
im not a fan of the auto guns. you cant get a decent shot after 3 sec unless you use nitrogen. which i have one tank. I play in the winter as well which is why i have the nitrogen tank. winter paintball is teh BEST! we play in the park/woods by my house. havent playing a a few months, but i have been trying to get a game going.

i do like the field out near madison. its about 20 min or so south of the dells. i forget the name. but i think its like apocalypse or something

http://www.apocalypsepaintball.com/Driving-08.html

my favortie story was at daves once when my cousin and I had 12VS2 me and him got out once and then he ran out of ammo and air where i ran out of ammo. adn we won the other one. once we hit the lower level there was no way we wanted 2vs12 anymore. but we won a few 9vs2 on the 1st and 2nd level. until more showed up on the 2nd level. those 3 guys made it hella lot harder. i think the group of nine were pretty new though. all and all that was by far the best experience i had.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-22-2008, 08:36 PM
i just loved how easy the mags were to work with. you opened the box, hooked up your air tank, c02 sucks on them, and you were able to compete with guns way more expensive and harder to operate. when i had mine i NEVER had an issue with it other than an o-ring here or there. while the guys with their cockers were trying to get it set right, and the shocker and angel guys were trying to program theirs, i was ready to go.

as for the warp feeder, i played one game with one and i found it a bit akward. it worked great for the guy standing in the back, but i had a hard time moving with it. man.....you guys are making me want to get back into it again. only problem is, like i said earlier, it is dead up here! and i mean dead. other than your bix box hobby stores, i don;t even know where i would buy a gun. there used to be a couple places owned by true enthusiasts but those stores are now gone?!?!

Reverend Cooper
07-22-2008, 11:10 PM
i had a mini mag with a e-grip and a warp feeder with a halo hopper and it was the bomb diggity had the anti chop stuff in it to. it was finnicky tho at times but with air and a remote setup it was great

Korndogg
07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Damn. I would love to play again. I haven't played in a couple years. Still have all my stuff though. Nothing fancy here though. Just a Piranha gun.

Reverend Cooper
07-22-2008, 11:27 PM
i just checked i either need a new tank or it has to be recertified

CobraSnake
07-23-2008, 08:43 AM
So someone should set something up in the events area for a game. We would need to go somewhere that rents guns or I would have to borrow one from someone seeing I don't have one at the moment.

Mark

1fast2litre
07-23-2008, 09:01 AM
All my tanks need to be re-hydroed too....just looking around on craigslist there are some good guns for decent prices if anyone is looking to start again :thumbsup

UnderPSI
07-23-2008, 11:17 AM
There is a great place to play right in Mukwanago, The Siege. We play there every once and a while. Good paint prices there. Paintball Sam's kills you on paint prices.

Mudd Runner
07-23-2008, 11:21 AM
There is a great place to play right in Mukwanago, The Siege. We play there every once and a while. Good paint prices there. Paintball Sam's kills you on paint prices.

x2 on siege

animal
07-23-2008, 11:41 AM
The siege isn't that one church-based field is it? If it is, then fuuuuuuuck that. lol

That church-based field, whichever one it is, won't let you use compressed air or wear jerseys. What a joke.

1fast2litre
07-23-2008, 12:20 PM

Ive played there and had alot of fun with friends ......I dont think I'll ever go to sams too expensive and you cant get that many games in the best part about them is they have sup air fields

srt4eh
07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
i've always wanted to go play paintball.....hopefully when I get home I'll find some people to go play with.

UnderPSI
07-24-2008, 11:26 AM
The siege isn't that one church-based field is it? If it is, then fuuuuuuuck that. lol

That church-based field, whichever one it is, won't let you use compressed air or wear jerseys. What a joke.

That is the Promised Land Paint ball. Played there a few times. Real nice and clean place, well laid out fields. It sucks they don't fill air there though. The owner said it's to keep the high end guns out. She asked what gun I had and I told her that I have an Angel. She said they don't really like those there. I though I would get special privlages because I had and Angel at the promised land.:durr

animal
07-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Ah yes that's the one lol. I made a vow years ago to never play there. Keeping high end guns out = forcing n00bness lol.

Ftr, i never minded sam's pricing, but it was more because i achieved "regular" status there by going so much hehe. It was worth the fraction higher paint prices to be there with people I knew well.

BOSS 4i
07-25-2008, 12:09 PM
If any of you guys are looking to buy gear i have a bunch of shit im selling because im getting out of paintball.
i have a few pod packs, masks, reloader b hopper, and some other stuff laying around.

FourEyedFord
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
If any of you guys are looking to buy gear i have a bunch of shit im selling because im getting out of paintball.
i have a few pod packs, masks, reloader b hopper, and some other stuff laying around.

Uncle J Shits on Chevys? :rolf

BOSS 4i
07-25-2008, 09:04 PM
:-)