PDA

View Full Version : Any proffesional movers here?

STANMAN
07-20-2008, 07:16 PM
If so, I am taking estimates to move 3 gun safes, a sofa, a loveseat, and a 50 inch projection TV from my garage to my basement. Thanks!:thumbsup

Breecher_7
07-20-2008, 07:30 PM
I can professionally move your gun safes to my house......

OxmanWI
07-20-2008, 07:41 PM
How much you payen?

STANMAN
07-20-2008, 09:11 PM
How much you payen?

Quotes have wide varitation so far, lowest I have is $100. Trust me, it will take proffesional equipment to get the stuff where it needs to go, if all it took was some beef, they would have went downstairs yesterday:rolf

Slow Joe
07-20-2008, 09:14 PM
You can't get a few friends over and move it yourself?

CPonyGo
07-20-2008, 09:15 PM
I need a tv in my new apartment so I will move that..j

STANMAN
07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
You can't get a few friends over and move it yourself?

Read one post up. :thumbsup

Slow Joe
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Read one post up. :thumbsup

U-Haul Dolly and some guys with some balls... :rolf :rolf

I'm guessin the gun safes are the heavy ones?

michelle
07-20-2008, 09:32 PM
You would have to see the stairs to the basement to understand why professionals are necessary. Trust me.

Slow Joe
07-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Alrighty then...

UnderPSI
07-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I rented a stair climbing dolly before It works sweet. Call some rental places see if they have one. I can give you a hand too if you need help.

Car Guy
07-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Can the stairs even handle the weight of the safes...???

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

GRAMPS SS
07-21-2008, 12:00 AM
You would have to see the stairs to the basement to understand why professionals are necessary. Trust me.

we trust you............................................

Slow Joe
07-21-2008, 09:06 AM
I rented a stair climbing dolly before It works sweet. Call some rental places see if they have one. I can give you a hand too if you need help.

See, this is what I figured...

But everyone told me it was impossible.. Even though I'm sure that this is all that some movers would bring...

DirtyMax
07-21-2008, 09:13 AM
By the time you rent the dolly and not to mention your time, just pay the people the $100 who quoted you to do it.

Slow Joe
07-21-2008, 09:21 AM
That's true... $100 does sound cheap...

Cryptic
07-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah but will this person front the couple grand in repairs if the gun safe goes tumbling into your stairs/drywall.

STANMAN
07-21-2008, 09:54 AM
So I take it that's a "no", there's no movers here?

Car Guy
07-21-2008, 10:59 AM
^^^ I'm thinking that's a negative.....

DirtyMax
07-21-2008, 11:07 AM
If they're insured they will. If he just got a quote from 2 dudes off the street for $100, probably not so much

STANMAN
07-21-2008, 11:19 AM
If they're insured they will. If he just got a quote from 2 dudes off the street for $100, probably not so much

Yeah, the lowest qoute I've gotten from someone insured is $200.

88Nightmare
07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah, the lowest qoute I've gotten from someone insured is $200.

money well spent if you want it done right

STANMAN
07-21-2008, 02:36 PM

I missed this, thanks for the offer, but it looks like I won't need it, but thanks again!!! I know what you really want is to see my whole collection:rolf

All us gun freaks need to just get together someplace and blow off some ammo somewhere. Who's got a track of land not to far away where the neighbors won't freak if it sounds like WWIII??????

BAD LS1
07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Hartford Gun Club.

lordairgtar
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Just watch these so-called movers. They get your stuff in their truck and then come up with some extra charge to unload it. Two Men and a Truck are good for that.

STANMAN
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Just watch these so-called movers. They get your stuff in their truck and then come up with some extra charge to unload it. Two Men and a Truck are good for that.

They won't have to load it onto a truck, it's in my garage:rolf If only my house had a walk out basement!!!

GRAMPS SS
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM

i used 2 men and a truck for my move...not any extra charges...plus i gave them a bill a piece as a tip....that day was the hottest day last july........call them up...maybe they would send someone out...worth a try...since we have no pro movers here...

BoosTT
07-21-2008, 06:38 PM
A appliance dolly makes moving large heavy things no problem. I can *almost* move a 400lb pinball machine downstairs myself and I'm not even in shape. Hardware stores rent them for $10/day. Northern tool sells them. If your really luckly, you can find motorized appliance dollys that work like a mini forklift for going up and down stairs. No muscle needed!!! I havent been able to find one for rent in our area though, and they are $2k to buy.

STANMAN
07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
A appliance dolly makes moving large heavy things no problem. I can *almost* move a 400lb pinball machine downstairs myself and I'm not even in shape. Hardware stores rent them for $10/day. Northern tool sells them. If your really luckly, you can find motorized appliance dollys that work like a mini forklift for going up and down stairs. No muscle needed!!! I havent been able to find one for rent in our area though, and they are $2k to buy.

I am thinking that's what I will need, or a stairs ramp. A regular appliance dolly would be tough, these safes are HEAVY. One of my guys is really into lifting and pretty huge and he was having a tough time just positioning them. Michelle and lil Ry were there to see it, they are not light, lol!!

michelle
07-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I think it is a sign you should sell all the guns, ammo, and the gun safes. I'm thinking stamp collecting would be a much easier hobby. (:

BoosTT
07-21-2008, 08:24 PM
My appliance dolly is rated for 1200 lbs... how heavy can those safes be? Three big guys and a dolly should be fine for down stairs.

I also heard of many people using truck/atv winches connected to dollys. Becare if you secure the winch to a doorway though.

michelle
07-21-2008, 08:54 PM
My appliance dolly is rated for 1200 lbs... how heavy can those safes be? Three big guys and a dolly should be fine for down stairs.

I also heard of many people using truck/atv winches connected to dollys. Becare if you secure the winch to a doorway though.

It's not the weight that's the problem - it's the stairs they will be going down. It's 6 stairs or so then a short "landing" or whatever you want to call it, a 180* turn, and then another 6 or so stairs. The "landing" isn't very big to allow the safes to easily turn to go down the other set of stairs.

Take a picture or something Bob. And edit the title of this thread. It's bugging me. :goof

Car Guy
07-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry Bob I had to ===> :pics:

CPonyGo
07-21-2008, 08:58 PM
sounds like the safes will get a room built in the garage or nursery lol

Arigmaster
07-21-2008, 09:27 PM
So I take it that's a "no", there's no movers here?

My guys can do it but I would have to look at the stairs... There are wasy but the load capacity is always a challenge. We do gun/evidence safes for the Department of Justice and other agencies and we have taken them into residences for particular agents. You may need to beam your stairs with 4X4's and cribbing to hold the weight. And, be prepared to sign a damage waiver for the steps. PM me for more info.

OxmanWI
07-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Quotes have wide varitation so far, lowest I have is $100. Trust me, it will take proffesional equipment to get the stuff where it needs to go, if all it took was some beef, they would have went downstairs yesterday:rolf

I used to work for "Two Men and a Truck" for about a year a couple years ago. For the gun safes we'd use a dolly and tie it up top with a strap and cover it in moving mats so it won‘t dent the walls. How much do they weigh? One guy handling the dolly on the top of the stairs and one on bottom to control the landing so it wont smash down on the stairs. Are the stairs carpet? Do you have a sleeper sofa? If so that is going to be a *****, but we‘d saran wrap the shit out of it so it wont get tore up. The 50" we'd use a strap and follow it under the TV and use the strap to control the weight with a good arm and the other to grab the top, very easy. It would be a good idea to measure the dimensions of the stairway with the stuff you have going down there to see if we might run into a snag. I can get a dolly, moving mats, saran wrap and a strap and help you out if need be, but I would want $200 for me a buddy to split down the middle, so $100 each. Let me know what you think if you want some professional moving help. I’m available this Saturday if you need help with your move.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-21-2008, 10:46 PM
My guys can do it but I would have to look at the stairs... There are wasy but the load capacity is always a challenge. We do gun/evidence safes for the Department of Justice and other agencies and we have taken them into residences for particular agents. You may need to beam your stairs with 4X4's and cribbing to hold the weight. And, be prepared to sign a damage waiver for the steps. PM me for more info.

Bob, this is that Al does...Moving real heavy shit. They do it once, do it right and have the crew to do it.

UnderPSI
07-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I have the "Forearm forklift" if you want to borrow it.

wikked
07-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Bob, this is that Al does...Moving real heavy shit. They do it once, do it right and have the crew to do it.

*holds tongue*

Heat Seeker WS6
07-22-2008, 05:02 PM
*holds tongue*

I know....
But I ran into Juny the other night :thumbsup That dude can lift a bus

Arigmaster
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM
PM Replied