PDA

View Full Version : water street

Silver03SRT
07-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I went down there last night and I saw more cops down there than I saw at riversplash. Is it like that every weekend? I have not been down there for about a month and now its just insanse.

Silver86
07-20-2008, 02:57 PM
i try to stay away from that area now-a-days... too hectic...

Korndogg
07-20-2008, 02:59 PM
bushy-fest was fuggin hectic last night. No cops though down there.

CobraSnake
07-20-2008, 03:10 PM
everytime I see a post about downtown you guys talk about how it sucks. How about you just don't go there. Oh and to answer your question OP it is like that every Friday or Saturday night. Although I'm not the best source because I haven't been there in a few years. Way to expensive and I have a wife so its not like i'm looking for *****.

Mark

Silver03SRT
07-20-2008, 03:18 PM
did anyone say it sucked. i was stating a fact as well as others that posted.

CobraSnake
07-20-2008, 03:28 PM
did anyone say it sucked. i was stating a fact as well as others that posted.

ok you didn't directly say it sucked. But, what I got from your post was "damn theres a lot of cops down there, more than riversplash. Must be alot of thugs or bad people down there to have that many cops around. Is it that bad every weekend." Thats just what I caught outta your post. If you didn't mean it that way then I'm sorry but, I just don't find the joy in going downtown or on the eastside anymore. I read into it a little more then others I guess.

Mark

That_Guy
07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
i have a friend who lives a couple blocks off of it... id rather party at his place then go down there 2/3 hrs before bar closing time

Silver03SRT
07-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I just havent been down there for a while and was wondering why there were so many. I know there are a few guys on here that work down there so they maybe knew what was up.

whitepony
07-20-2008, 04:17 PM
I just havent been down there for a while and was wondering why there were so many. I know there are a few guys on here that work down there so they maybe knew what was up.

i have a friend whos a cop, he also lives right down in that area... ill ask him about it the next time i see him...

05caddyext
07-20-2008, 04:29 PM
I went to Buckheads last night and there were 5 cops inside there roaming around. I haven't seen that in a while, don't go downtown but a few times a year.

Windsors 03 Cobra
07-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Probably just letting the knuckleheads know that the poleece got their number and have an eye on them,the knucleheads realize that their antics wont be tolerated there and move on.
The other option is waiting for a fight to break out, some POS pulling a gun and squeezing off shots, possibly injuring folks and then the poleece come. Give me the former anyday.

Silver03SRT
07-20-2008, 08:42 PM
I went to Buckheads last night and there were 5 cops inside there roaming around. I haven't seen that in a while, don't go downtown but a few times a year.

I was down there too. When I was walking in they were walking out.

DSMDuDE
07-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I was out on waterstreet last night also, and i do agree, the cops were everwhere!

DirtyMax
07-20-2008, 10:18 PM
If they want to increase city revenue, sure they'll troll down there. Searching for DUI'ers down there is like fishing in a bucket...:rolf

But really... I saw fights at a Church festival last night... what's this world coming to?!?!?... fights at a church festival...:goof

Korndogg
07-20-2008, 10:39 PM
When haven't there been fights at a church festival. Every couple years there are shootings at church festivals damnit lol.

DirtyMax
07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
I know... you usually see at least one.

Some chic mased some dude last night as the festival was letting out. He was not pleased. After washing out his eyes (a solid 5 minutes at least) he thought it'd be wise if he took after her down the road. Well, his slow ass got pursued and tackled by 2 security fellas... talk about not your night...:devil

nismodave
07-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I was there a few weeks ago when there was some R and B guy down at Summerfest. There were a ton of people just standing outside just clogging the street and sidewalk.

Fights started, cops came.....Just fuggin great.

Korndogg
07-20-2008, 10:49 PM
lol i thought some shit was gonna go down at bushies yesterday because that place was just packed. both inside and outside. And then at midnight everyone either has to go in the bar or leave. So then the bar got even more packed. there were some close calls with the group I was with but it was due to other drunk idiots starting crap.

CobraSnake
07-20-2008, 11:08 PM
ok well I talked to my buddy tonight who works for 4th district. He said that the alderman called then it got to the chief of police. That is why there is increased police presence down there. There ARE trying to get the trash out and make it a nice place again. I guess all the business owners called the city which got a hold of the alderman's attention which then lead to the chief of police acting on it. So I guess they are just trying to keep the peace.

Mark

GRAMPS SS
07-20-2008, 11:52 PM
4th district.:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf what a joke...hell there was a accident last friday...no one showed for over an hour...then another accident happened...cops going to the first went to the second...
they don't work....hell we know most of them and the supervisors.....come to wings and thangs...we'll intro you to them :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

one of the reasons i moved...no police in the 4th....

right GREG.....:thumbsup

pOrk
07-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Too many homos down there

Neal Steffek
07-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Really? ANOTHER thread on this?

The cops are there keeping everyone safe, if you don't want the cops there then you are one of the trouble makes and we don't want you there any ways. The 1100 Block of Water is having a hard time right now, (Rosies, Guillies, TR, Bar Louie) The 1200 block is doing great ( Brothers, Sullivans)

CobraSnake
07-21-2008, 10:29 AM

The cops are there keeping everyone safe, if you don't want the cops there then you are one of the trouble makes and we don't want you there any ways. The 1100 Block of Water is having a hard time right now, (Rosies, Guillies, TR, Bar Louie) The 1200 block is doing great ( Brothers, Sullivans)

thats exactly what my cop buddy told me last night. He said TR doesn't even have a dress code.

Mark

Silver03SRT
07-21-2008, 11:33 AM

I am not a trouble maker and I dont care if the cops are down there. But there is no reason we should have to have that many cops down there. It portrays a bad image when you see tons of cops walking around. Yes you feel a bit safer because of the presence but wonder why there are so many. I never saw it like this in the past. I just wish the trouble makers would stay away from that area.