PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Car amps Mono & Multi-channel

Firefighter Z
07-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Looking for a Mono Sub amp (1500W or more) and a 4 channel amp (600W or more)

What do you have?

95 TA - The Beast
07-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I have a set of brand new in the box Cerwin Vegas available: http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29221

The sub amp will put out close to what you want at 14v...

Honestly, there aren't many 4-channel amps that will put out 150w/ch, and of those that do they are quite expensive, even used...

Now, if you are talking peak output, that is only 75w/ch RMS, then there are plenty available... The 4-channel CV amp I am selling is 50/ch rms at 12v, at 14v puts out 60w/ch... Same goes for the sub amp, it has enough fusing (120amps) to support over 2000watts peak output, but puts out >1400watts rms at 14v... If you wanted 110w/ch RMS and >200/ch peak for components I do have 2 of the EXL350.2 amps available as well...

I have 2 sets of these amps in two different cars at my place you could listen to if you are interested... In one it has 2 of the EXL350.2s running 6.5" components front and rear and gets quite loud, but stays clear, and the EXL1200D is running a pair of MBQuart 12" subs in the hatch of a '95 Z28, and damn do they pound... Hella of a lot of output and the subs aren't even broken in yet nor anywhere near max excursion...

05caddyext
07-20-2008, 12:14 PM
1500W? Thats a lot of power. What are you running for subs? I have one of these

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=439

It pushs my 12's really hard and the subs are very old. I have the bass at 0 most of the time and it still hits hard. Id sell this amp if you are interested, its in excellent condition.

Firefighter Z
07-20-2008, 01:08 PM
2-10" 8600 Series Eclipses that I'm trying to blow up so I'll have an excuse to buy new ones... I bought these when they first came out which I think was in '99 and they haven't failed me since then...

I used to run a Kenwood 9152D series and loved it but I sold them cause I thought I was done with systems.

BTW 05caddyext what are you looking to get for the amp.

twicks69
07-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I have a Phoenix Gold ZX600TI -- 1st edition (1999 -- Paid $850 NEW for it.)

600x1 @ 4ohm stereo, 1/2 ohm stable. Ran it with 4 - 12" Infinity Perfect's and had no problems whatsoever.

I was the original buyer of it, but do not have the build sheet anymore nor the box since it has been 9 years. I remember the build sheet showing dead nuts on the major specs, except that it put down around 635W at 4 ohms stereo at 14.4V.

It is IASCA and USAC rated as 75Wx2, so it is definitely a "cheater" amp.

Awesome power, awesome looks and very stable.

I would reccomend using 0-gauge power wire and ground, along with the largest capacitor you can get == preferably a 15 or a 50-farad Alumapro -- I ran mine with a Phoenix Gold Titanium 20-Farad Powercore Capacitor with no problems. You can find one of these old-school caps on Ebay for less than $150 nowadays == they were more than 5-10-times that new.

It was refurbished in 2001 by the manufacturer for a faulty RCA connect; and has had very few hours of service -- I had likely less than 100 hours on this amp-- It was used during the summer of 1999-spring 2000, and has been stored since. It was run on 1/0 gauge power to the capacitor with 4-gauge power to the amplifier with a 4-gauge ground, and 8-gauge speaker wires to the subwoofers. It was also ran with a 150A Phoenix Gold circuit breaker and had an in-line 100A waffle fuse. The amp was used in conjunction with a Phoenix Gold Balanced Line Driver TBAT and a 23-band 1/3 octave Image Dynamics IDQ-31 Digital Equalizer and a Phoenix Gold Bass Cube (all these options are not necessary for standard usage).

This is an excellent amp for the price, and can easily compete with anything that is on the market now in the same class.

$250 takes it for the Amp.

05caddyext
07-20-2008, 04:09 PM
I would sell it for $300. I paid $525 for it last year and didn't install it until April of this year, so it's had very little use. The use it has had is very light because I know it could easily blow up my 12 year old subs, I have almost every setting on it at the 50% level or less.

Firefighter Z
07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Still looking

saleenclone
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
u have a pm

PureSound15
07-29-2008, 10:08 AM
If you want that much power for mids and highs, I think you're going to be better off taking a 4 channel and bridging it to the fronts, and running the rears off of a smaller A/B amp.

The JL amp is going to be a better amp, for the money. It will put out that power at any impedance, rather than the power being cut in half for every time the impedance is doubled. Pretty insane.

However - because that amp that twicks has is refurbished, it has an incredibly large chance of being MORE reliable than a new amp. This is simply because of the fact that it was refurbished and basically went through a better quality control measurment after it was refurbished than when it did off of the production line.

That kind of power from an A/B amp is going to be very expensive (See: McIntosh).

Just my $.02

05caddyext
07-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I have had several different amps over the years, always bought mtx mainly. I still have a 2300x, a monster amp for its time, the JL blows it out of the water. I have tried Pioneer, JL, MTX, Sony, Rockford Fosgate. The JL has been the best ive used so far, the fact that it puts out clean power at the same RMS at whatever output you run it at was what drew me to it. When I bought it, I planned on blowing up my old subs and getting new ones, so I needed flexibility. Never had a single problem with it, its a great amp for the $$

H8RADE
07-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Still looking

Unless you are developmentally disabled, just call Dennis (Beast).
Sit in his car for 30 seconds and you will realize that he has forgotten more about car audio than most people know.
Just saying, he knows his chit, and he can prove it.
:thumbsup