PDA

View Full Version : We almost forgot!

jbiscuit
07-18-2008, 03:13 PM
RANDOM FRIDAY!

This afternoon's topic: Battle of gatherings. Summerfest vs. State Fair.

Which do you prefer and why.

annnnnnnnd go.:thumbsup

nismodave
07-18-2008, 03:15 PM
It used to be Summerfest for me. But now that Im older and cont stand the Drunk Idiots anymore, I go to the Fair.

The Music lineup at Summerfest sucked this year anyway.

jbiscuit
07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
^^ good points Dave. I agree. I used to LOVE summerfest but I just can't get excited for it anymore. We didn't even go this year. First time I have missed it in about 7-8 years I'd say?? The Fair to me is a good time. Not only is it right by my house, they have good corn, good beer (Leinies FTW), games, people watching, beers etc....we have a blast when we go

nismodave
07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Its less Chaotic, and just as many MILFS!!!

Flicktitty
07-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Never been to statefair, So summerfest wins by default. I'm going to try and make it to State fair this year.

H8RADE
07-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Neither!!!
Both venues represent thousands of people who don't share my thoughts on personal hygiene, child rearing, or NASCAR fanhood.
The only way I would enjoy either of these venues is from a blimp, hovering about 300 feet above the stage of my choosing.
Unwashed masses FTL!!!
http://www.worldsapartny.com/frnt-crowd.jpg

Yooformula
07-18-2008, 03:29 PM
/\ I Agree!!!!!!

nismodave
07-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Neither of you can leave the house anyway, so your opinion does not matter.

Korndogg
07-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Its less Chaotic, and just as many MILFS!!!

x2

state fair for me

scaleracer
07-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Neither they're both pretty much drunk fests lol! But the scenery is good lol! I guess to me it's a waste of money to pay to get in and pay 2 or 3 times the regular prices of stuff... I went to Dan Jansen Festival to meet up with some kids from school and I haven't been to anything like it in awhile and I was suprised 1 ticket = $1.00 they're probably like $2 or $3 at Summerfest and State fair!

Cryptic
07-18-2008, 03:57 PM
State Fair
Cream Puffs, Corn, and stuff for my 8 year old to do FTW!

In days past though, when the music line was great, I loved Summerfest. Too crowded now, you have to fight to get anywhere. When I read the music line-up and I think to myself that I must of gotten old because I don't know or like anything I see on the list.

Korndogg
07-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I must of gotten old because I don't know or like anything I see on the list.

Yeah im only 23 and I don't know 3/4 of the shit thats there anymore. We went and saw Kansas this year lol.

Karps TA
07-18-2008, 04:08 PM
State Fair by a mile. And for just one reason. Competition. At SF they allow both Bud and Miller. And there's no set beer price. So I can shop around and get beer at some of the smaller tents for almost a $1 cheaper at times.

Best place for beer is the Door Country Fish Boil place. It's kinda back by the Oriental shopping area. They always have the cheapest and coldest beer in the park. Plus a pretty nice Fried Shrimp basket too. Really nice family.

PureSound15
07-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm a huge music guy (obviously) so it's summerfest for me. I like that there is a bunch to do at State Fair, and I dislike the fact that there are far more wasted (by that I mean far beyond drunk) people at summerfest that puke and pee everywhere and want to fight me when I push them off of me.

Stat fair for the relaxing drink beer and eat food, Summerfest for music.

Tough question!

Isn't it weird how ghetto the rides section gets at night at State Fair?

Windsors 03 Cobra
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I will take any local County Fair over State Fair, tractor/truck pulls and car/truck/combine demolition derbies. :headbang

Prince Valiant
07-18-2008, 04:29 PM
State fair...Summerfest music line-up isn't what it used to be; head to head food competition goes to State fair due to greater variety and more grease; I even get a kick out of the demonstration sale/show/crap; Love the hot sauce vendors at state fair; Hey, saw Heny Youngman at state fair too...how can you go wrong?

Neither!!!
Both venues represent thousands of people who don't share my thoughts on personal hygiene, child rearing, or NASCAR fanhood.
The only way I would enjoy either of these venues is from a blimp, hovering about 300 feet above the stage of my choosing.
Unwashed masses FTL!!!

I'm not sure how crazy those "unwashed masses" would be about you being there either.

lordairgtar
07-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Prince, most of these puppies wouldn't know Heny Youngman. I pick SF too for all the above reasons

GRAMPS SS
07-18-2008, 06:02 PM
state fair by far also.....did bummer fest in the early years when the good bands showed...got older and hit state fair....we hit our state fair and then we go to Indiana for theres...theres is like 3 times the size of ours....so state fair gets my vote...and some of the county fairs as well....

Deggy
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm younger so I enjoy Summerfest, but drunk idiots do annoy the hell out of me. I didn't get hammered at the fest even though it was the first year I could legally do so. But I also love State Fair.

theavenger333
07-18-2008, 10:56 PM
State Fair, by far. even though i have not gone in 3 years since working there. can see some of my family that show animals, eat anything i want ON A STICK, drink a ton, and break stuff in the midway while laughing at Carnies. good times.

Voodoo Chick
07-19-2008, 01:05 AM
State Fair for me, definately........So much more to look at, many nice animals to see, much better food. I love that one building that is full of all that weird stuff to buy, too.