PDA

View Full Version : rough night at GLD

1siksrt
07-18-2008, 12:03 AM
11.6's all night only got 5 runs cause of gay bike night(******* Moto bikes and everything must have been like 80 bikes)... the water box idiot who could have blown my differential :( He was making me do burnouts outside the box and i did not notice til i watched a video and only saw one wheel spinning and then they both would... when he got me where i was suppose to be nasty smokey burnouts... 123-124mph traps ALL NIGHT...

Next week its on though.. I did not run the new tune because i was scared to run it without sending logs to aaron and getting his ok... I had to hack off my ******* exhaust as the C clamps ruined my slip fit exhaust :evil: AND ate up all my time...

I did do pulls on the way home with the new tune... MORE boost and MORE timing... MY GOD THIS THING PULLS SO MUCH harder cant wait to go back to the track next week for RSD's PLUS New 26" SLICKS WILL BE ON THE CAR, and ebrake is adjusted so burnouts were much better tonight, and i have off friday so ill have time to boost test it, etc. I fully expect next week to be better....

til then ITS STILL SLOW:(

DirtyMax
07-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't know anything about your ride, but 11.60's out of a Neon is scootin'!

Well done! :thumbsup

1siksrt
07-18-2008, 12:42 AM
thanks i want low 11's and 128mph traps by end of year... we will see maybe at rsd's friday

Flicktitty
07-18-2008, 01:23 AM
11.6's all night only got 5 runs cause of gay bike night:(
Correct me if i'm wrong, YOU knew it was bike night what did you expect? :durr go there on a open "FUN" night i bet you will get more. don't go to special days/nights and expect to test n tune.

1siksrt
07-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, YOU knew it was bike night what did you expect? :durr go there on a open "FUN" night i bet you will get more. don't go to special days/nights and expect to test n tune.

I asked on here and someONE told me cars go.... and I even called GLD and the person that answered the phone said that they would let me run and i should be able to get plenty of passes>>>hence why im lil upset.... either way, the next time out traps will be higher as the tune i did use pulled crazy on my way home while I datalogged....:thumbsup

CannotPost
07-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I asked on here and someONE told me cars go.... and I even called GLD and the person that answered the phone said that they would let me run and i should be able to get plenty of passes>>>hence why im lil upset.... either way, the next time out traps will be higher as the tune i did use pulled crazy on my way home while I datalogged....:thumbsup

I would not be too disappointed; sounds like you have a pretty consistent mid 11 second ride. :headbang At your level dropping a couple tenths does not happen that easily.

When you datalog you can use a "time stamp" to quantify your power increase. Ex. Go 100% throttle in 1 gear from XXXX RPM to say redline, you then know it took X.X seconds to cover that RPM range. Now load your "Crazy" tune and do that same RPM range in the same gear (and if you can the same stretch of road in the same direction). Now you can look at both #'s and see a difference..... This method is a bit more scientific than "pulled crazy on my way home"

juicedimpss
07-18-2008, 09:15 AM
11.6's all night only got 5 runs cause of gay bike night(******* Moto bikes and everything must have been like 80 bikes)... the water box idiot who could have blown my differential :( He was making me do burnouts outside the box and i did not notice til i watched a video and only saw one wheel spinning and then they both would... when he got me where i was suppose to be nasty smokey burnouts... 123-124mph traps ALL NIGHT...

Next week its on though.. I did not run the new tune because i was scared to run it without sending logs to aaron and getting his ok... I had to hack off my ******* exhaust as the C clamps ruined my slip fit exhaust :evil: AND ate up all my time...

I did do pulls on the way home with the new tune... MORE boost and MORE timing... MY GOD THIS THING PULLS SO MUCH harder cant wait to go back to the track next week for RSD's PLUS New 26" SLICKS WILL BE ON THE CAR, and ebrake is adjusted so burnouts were much better tonight, and i have off friday so ill have time to boost test it, etc. I fully expect next week to be better....

til then ITS STILL SLOW:(

sorry i didnt get back to you when you called,sounds like you have that thing flying tho......sounds like the cow would need a few acres to make a good race.
:thumbsup

1siksrt
07-22-2008, 02:06 AM
Ya car is starting to mph better, new slicks 26" arrived while i was in vegas, and 3 sets of plugs, new wires.... This friday should be fun plan to run alot better times and mph:thumbsup