PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

BOSS LX
07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
So who is going to see it tonight? We are going to the 12:04 showing at the Ridge.

johnny--2k
07-17-2008, 02:43 PM
I got my tickets for tomorrows showing at the Ultra Screen Majestic. Going with about 10 or 11 people!!!

Karps TA
07-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm taking a half day tomorrow and seeing it at 12:30 at the Ridge. Can't wait. I've never seen a movie like this get such great reviews across the board.

Get my blue Icee and my nacho's and I'll be set!

Deggy
07-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm going to a 6pm showing today :devil

Prince Valiant
07-17-2008, 03:34 PM
As much as I'm looking forward to it, I'm not looking forward to the 2:35 run time...my body doesn't like sitting that long :(

Still looking forward to hellboy2 more though...

Karps TA
07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I saw Hellboy 2 last weekend. I was disappointed with it. The character is great, but you'll know the ending in about 15 minutes. It's just not as dark as the first one is either.

So 3* out of 5

xxtremeteam
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
We are going friday night 7:45 to ipic in bayshore in the vip seats

CobraSnake
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
We are going friday night 7:45 to ipic in bayshore in the vip seats

ooooooo baller

xxtremeteam
07-17-2008, 05:27 PM
ooooooo baller

big spender 14.00 for vip/with free popcorn i guess or 9.00 for general never been to ipic i hear its worth the price i will find out

LIL EVO
07-17-2008, 06:11 PM
im going to see it in an hour at the ridge! the blue icee was replaced with grape!

Karps TA
07-17-2008, 06:12 PM
the blue icee was replaced with grape!

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Grape sux! When will they learn. There is Cherry and Blue Raspberry. No other flavors!

Yooformula
07-17-2008, 06:48 PM
dammit, I totally forgot about the release tonight. I hope its good!

Anakonda69
07-17-2008, 06:56 PM
i'll wait a week till the crowds die down some

DSMDuDE
07-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Im going to go see it tomorrow night at 10:10pm at the Majestic

pOrk
07-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Never heard of it before.

LIL EVO
07-17-2008, 10:09 PM
awesome movie!! cherry slush also got replaced with fruit punch!

DSMDuDE
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM
wtf, how did u get to see it already? thought they had midnight showings......

nismodave
07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I knew I was going to see this movie as soon as I saw this months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxl2M18mE94

Oscar talk for HL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37zErAXOx-A

Deggy
07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Saw the movie at 7. Amazing!

Knyghtmare
07-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Dammit I am so pissed that I forgot about this showing... I called around and everywhere was sold out... perhaps tomorrow...

The thing about this, is that even though all the great reviews and things that this is getting, isnt really just as cliche about Heath Ledger's death. It really is a great performance and you can tell that just from the previews... at least thats how I see them, as soon as I see this movie I will have a true perspective...

BOSS LX
07-18-2008, 03:05 AM
I thought it was good, but not great. The joker character was AMAZING! The two face character fell short for me.

Some of the movie was ruined for me, because some DUMB ASS people laughed threw the WHOLE movie! I will never go to another big movie opener ever again.

If it wasn't for the joker, I think the movie would be a renter.

Deggy
07-18-2008, 09:09 AM
**don't read if you doing want it spoiled"

I have to disagree, I think the movie throughout was great. Heath Ledger played an amazing Joker. Maybe I thought the movie was a little better because there wasn't people laughing throughout the entire movie...who knows. I called it that two-face was Dent early on in the movie when I saw the coin and that he lived his life by "chance". I loved the action in the movie, and Bruce totaling the Lambo...

Great movie throughout.

Karps TA
07-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Harvey Dent has been Two-face forever. So it wasn't really something to "call". It's like saying you figured out Bruce Wayne was Batman. lol

Deggy
07-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Yeah, but see I am not a HUGE Batman fan. I haven't seen Batman Forever when Tommy Lee Jones played Two-face. Last Batman I seen was Batman Returns, just never been a fan of the movies...but this one kicked ass. Not to mention I saw it for FREE and saw it at 7pm instead of midnight.

But I guess you are right. Oh well.

Yooformula
07-18-2008, 12:41 PM
that is one eerie looking avatar!

Knyghtmare
07-18-2008, 07:32 PM
I enjoyed the movie. The filming jumped around a lot, which I really didnt like. They didnt stay focused on some scenes and things were moving so fast, so some parts I was left wondering how we got to where they were, especially during some of the action sequences. I would explain further, but it would spoil some of it.

Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker is as good as everyone says that it is. He put so much detail into it and gave the character just that, character... especially the licking of the scars and the way he talked. I do think that the jumping around with the filming took away from him though.

"You either die a hero, or live to see yourself become the villian." Its a shame this man had to die before he could see himself at the hieght of this career roll... but unfortunatly it is the roll that killed him... I think its full retribution for anyone who had doubts about him in the wake of Cowboy Fags...

GTSLOW
07-20-2008, 01:40 AM
I thought it was ******* awesome!!! To bad ledger outed himself, he did a good job!!!

Ricky Bobby
07-20-2008, 11:35 PM
I thought it was ******* awesome!!!!

:thumbsup just got back from seeing it

05caddyext
07-21-2008, 01:36 AM
Definite spoiler question here so don't read if you haven't seen the movie...

Anyone curious as to why they didn't have any hints of who will be the villian in the next movie? At the very end of Batman Begins we are shown the joker card, why nothing in this one?

Al
07-21-2008, 02:42 AM
Just saw it.

This kinda makes me wonder what the next batman films will be like.

They did kill off any potential of bring some of these characters to the next film.

Will the riddler, penguin, or catwoman return next time?

Anakonda69
07-21-2008, 08:45 AM
awesome movie.....also wondering about the next villain....

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 09:09 AM
this was by far the best batman movie i have ever seen.. just plain epic.. i watched the movie twice now and each time i was on the edge of my sea..T "joker reference" i love how that actualy follow the comic book and with Harvey dent. unlike the past batman movies.. specially the lame ass batman movies with George cloonie

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 09:13 AM

Anyone curious as to why they didn't have any hints of who will be the villian in the next movie? At the very end of Batman Begins we are shown the joker card, why nothing in this one?

harvey dent isnt dead.. he will be back in the next movie... the government "covered it up" at least that what i think will happen.. they wanted him to go down as the "white night" so thats why they said that batman killed the 5 people vs harvey ..

CannotPost
07-21-2008, 09:49 AM
harvey dent isnt dead.. he will be back in the next movie... the government "covered it up" at least that what i think will happen.. they wanted him to go down as the "white night" so thats why they said that batman killed the 5 people vs harvey ..

I think he is dead....

Deggy
07-21-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't think he is dead......

I think him laying there was a hint to the next movie, he was just knocked out from the fall, not dead.

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
I don't think he is dead......

I think he laying there was a hint to the next movie, he was just knocked out from the fall, not dead.

yep

Neal Steffek
07-21-2008, 11:24 AM

the Riddler was in the movie also, and they hinted strong to Catwoman

Deggy
07-21-2008, 11:30 AM
When did they hint to Riddler and Catwoman??

Maybe I should go see the movie again..:goof

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 11:31 AM
the Riddler was in the movie also, and they hinted strong to Catwoman

where at in the movie? just currious.. because i have the movie on my laptop here and im trying to find where your talking about..

Neal Steffek
07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
When did they hint to Riddler and Catwoman??

Maybe I should go see the movie again..:goof

You have to pay close attention to the movie and what they say at times.

I will let you know about the Riddler, did you notice that there was someone in the movie witht he name MR. REESE. Sound it out........

Deggy
07-21-2008, 11:54 AM
You have to pay close attention to the movie and what they say at times.

I will let you know about the Riddler, did you notice that there was someone in the movie witht he name MR. REESE. Sound it out........

I do remember that part..I think I am going to see the movie again tonight with my buddy who hasn't seen the movie yet..I will keep my ears open.

Neal Steffek
07-21-2008, 12:04 PM
And also that one of the fake newspapers used in the Dark Kinght viral campaign there was a writer by the name of Edward Nashton, which is the real name of the Riddler.

So you can bet the house the Riddler wlll be in the next movie.

05caddyext
07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
because i have the movie on my laptop here

??? good quality? or from watch-movies.net.??

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 04:23 PM
??? good quality? or from watch-movies.net.??

good quality.. but its like 2 gigs audio/ video gets a 7/10 from me..

i can link you if you want

Karps TA
07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
If it is the Riddler, it will be interesting how they make his character fit into this world. Despite the over the top stunts, they seem to really be trying to make this a realistic Batman series. And the Riddler, much like the rest of Batman's remaining villians seems to cartoonish.

I'd lvoe to see them do Bane instead. Make it like Empire Strikes back where they end the movie on a down note, with Bane leaving Batman broken. But again Bane is a better cartoon villan I think.

05caddyext
07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Hopefully the cast is interested in doing another movie. After this one being such a huge success, it's hard to top what youve already done. Look at the miserable failure of the 2nd and 3rd matrix movies. Im going to go see it again tonight, ill watch for the "little" things I always miss during an initial screening.

Side note: Do you think more people went to see this because of Heath Ledger's death? I know that's why I went to see it right away, I usually wait awhile before I see a movie, I hate the crowds...

Neal Steffek
07-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Considering they are making six Batman movies in all, I am sure most of the baddies will shown at some point. (and it has been noted that there will not be a Robin in any of them no matter what)

Crawlin
07-21-2008, 07:39 PM
thank god for that....

now.. on to who's gonna replace catwoman :)

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
thank god for that....

now.. on to who's gonna replace catwoman :)

jenna jamison
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/VSeXxX/JennaJamison.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/Dpimpin_01/th43b_jenna_jameson1.jpg

Karps TA
07-21-2008, 08:06 PM
5-8 years ago I'd be all for Jenna. But she looks like a scarecrow now. Not good at all.

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 08:11 PM
5-8 years ago I'd be all for Jenna. But she looks like a scarecrow now. Not good at all.

its true... she is a prime example of what daddy problems can do to people...

05caddyext
07-21-2008, 09:02 PM
where is this video link?

MoCkiN U
07-21-2008, 10:56 PM
There was a line in there something to the effect of making a new suit where he could be more flexible. Bruce asked how it would be against dogs and he was asked what kind of dogs.....would be fine against cats (just out of the blue) I caught that one and my buddy caught the riddler one. We thought angelina jolie might be too big of a name but would be able to "fill" the character we also thought about jessica biel, or shannon elizabeth (if she could be dark enough)

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 11:05 PM
where is this video link?

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=the+dark+knight

download the vob cam 2bros one

MoCkiN U
07-21-2008, 11:37 PM
^man, I would love to get that shit to work but its just draggin along. Its going through limewire or some shit to get it for me at least and I cant take that speed. Its too slow but I would love to have that on my laptop so when I go down to training this week I can rewatch it

**EDIT** downloaded utorrent, that looks like its working much better

That_Guy
07-21-2008, 11:46 PM
^man, I would love to get that shit to work but its just draggin along. Its going through limewire or some shit to get it for me at least and I cant take that speed. Its too slow but I would love to have that on my laptop so when I go down to training this week I can rewatch it

**EDIT** downloaded utorrent, that looks like its working much better

u torrent ftw... thats what im using.

05caddyext
07-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Can't get port forwarding to work on my computer. Went through their entire setup page, did everything it said to do, no dice. I hate being computer illiterate these days, so many cool things I just can't do anymore.

Knyghtmare
07-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Any of you notice that the Lambo brake calipers were batman bat symbols?

Neal Steffek
07-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Any of you notice that the Lambo brake calipers were batman bat symbols?

I saw they were yellow, thats all though. Didn't see them as bats.