PDA

View Full Version : Lancer + Turbo

WhatsADSM
07-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Silver REGULAR FWD Lancer, with a turbo. Not the newest gen the gen before that... Maybe a 00-05 or so?! Saw it about 9AM on Mequon Road in Mequon. I saw it while driving to work in my S14 240.

Had a 3 gauge pod, wastegate dump, some stickers including a "Turbo by garrett" sticker on it.

Kind of interesting to see someone without a evo put some cash in it. You on here? Anyone know of this car? What does it all have done?

Deggy
07-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Didn't get a chance to play with him I am guessing?

Don't see a base Lancer tricked out with performance parts very often, usually just tint and wheels.

Did it have the Evo style wing on the rear? I know a lot of Lancer owners do that mod also which I don't understand why.

PureSound15
07-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Did it have the Evo style wing on the rear? I know a lot of Lancer owners do that mod also which I don't understand why.

Especially when you consider how many EVO owners take that wing off. The regular lancer, other than the newer body style, was horridly ugly IMHO.

WhatsADSM
07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Didn't get a chance to play with him I am guessing?

Don't see a base Lancer tricked out with performance parts very often, usually just tint and wheels.

Especially when you consider how many EVO owners take that wing off. The regular lancer, other than the newer body style, was horridly ugly IMHO.

Yea the grass is always greener on the other side.... Evo guys take it off, lancer guys add it; SRT4 guys take it off, neon guys add it?!

But, in this case he just kept the stock wing. Other things I remember was that it had stickers, a drop, and some (I think) 17s.

We got to fool around just a little bit but nothing formal. Honestly, not trying to sound to cocky, but the cars were in different leagues when it came to sheer power/weight. I just thought it was kind of cool to see a regular lancer that someone put some money/time into. Would have been interesting to see the setup!

*EDIT* on a side note I wonder if anyone has ever done a 4g63 swap into one of those?

team beater
07-19-2008, 06:10 PM
yeah saw this guy to on mequon in gtown, he didnt want to play:loser jk

MY4RCDGSX
07-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah, he lives right off the corner of Mequon and 57. Went to school with the guy that owns it, but haven't really seen him since.