PDA

View Full Version : This sounds like a scam artist

GRM-REPR
07-17-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm trying to sell my Firebird, so I have it on a couple sites. I just received this email through one of them:

Prospective Buyer
Comments: Hi Jon, I really like your car. I have been looking for one like yours for a while, sadly my budged is $4,500 (just from the picts I see you must have that much invested in your car.) Please let me know what is the lowest offer you would accept. Nice job. Greg 202 421 5045 gpmaiso@yahoo.com Thanks. Greg
Name: Greg Maison
Email: gpmaiso@yahoo.com
Daytime Phone: 202-421-5045
City, State, ZIP: 20721

For God's sake, couldn't these degenerates at the very least spell properly??? Why the fvck would anyone with a brain send someone a ridiculous offer like this anyways. Oh, sure, I'll let you rape me, I'll take $5,000......Come on.... I searched the area code and it's from the District of Columbia, D.C area and some Naval, Army bases or some shit.....

Funny nonetheless, I suppose I should say, "Yes, your budget (spelled correctly) is about $3,500 too little. And I'll take cash too.:)

CobraSnake
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
no hes doesn't sound like a scam artist. Sounds to me like he just doesn't have enough money and he decided he'd give it a shot because he really wants your car. Obviously he can't afford it so he'll have to come up with more money in order to get the car he wants. I say just email him back and say sorry but i'm firm on the price and that if he wants it he has to pay simple as that.

Mark

70 cutlass 442
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
what scam artist would leave his phone number?

SmokinRAM114
07-17-2008, 10:58 AM
what scam artist would leave his phone number?

did u read the MB world scam guy had multiple #'s

ND4SPD
07-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Zip code and phone number both trace out to Maryland (Washington DC)

Don't feel bad, all the offers I've received on my GTP have been below wholesale prices.

GRM-REPR
07-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Why wouldn't a scam artist leave a number? They do it all the time on eBay. Then they never answer it again due to it being a one time use phone. I felt alerted because of all the mispellings. How do you mispell pic, and budget alongside bad sentence structure. It sounds like a phony model someone would use over and over. By the way, who writes Nice Job?

I don't buy it.

Nix
07-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Looks like shit to me. One other thing, you should be jumping for joy that someone is offering to buy your car for that price seeing as it an ugly piece of garbage! :stare

:rolf:thumbsup:goof

Just fukin' with ya assface. :alcoholic

GRM-REPR
07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Lick my scrot.....

DirtyMax
07-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Call him and talk to him.

Obviously you're not going to give this car away but at least you can either:

a. Own the hell out of a scammer if you sniff it out
or
b. Give him props for having the balls to ask and then direct him to where he can find the spell checker... :goof

Karps TA
07-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Sounds to me like it's a kid trying to buy a dream car for less then he can afford. My guess is the kid is 16.

GRM-REPR
07-17-2008, 03:04 PM
I sent him an email basically saying this: I won't go under $_,--- and I will only entertain cash or a certified check. When the funds clear if by check and the money is real, then I will release the car and title.

No response....:banana1:

Nix
07-17-2008, 03:07 PM
No response....:banana1:

Here's your responce, go fuk yourself... :thumbsup

You should ask him where he saw your car for sale, its kinda goofy how hes from the east coast and found your car. Where is it all posted for sale?

GRM-REPR
07-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Here's your responce, go fuk yourself... :thumbsup

Here is my response (spelled correctly)........eat my feces.....:drool:

Nix
07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Here is my response (spelled correctly)........eat my feces.....:drool:

I could give two shitz about my grammar. :rolleyes:

1BadBytch
07-17-2008, 03:13 PM
i dont think its a scam artist ..
but if hes not offering you what you want then why bother even callin' him or responding

i was sellin this shelby z dodge daytona a few years back and got all kinds of scandalous messages.. for example ..

this guy was like yeah my client is interested in buyin ur car. i was asking $8000 for it and he said he was goin to send me a check for $15000 and I was suppose to cash it and send the rest of the money back so he could cover shipping expenses for his "client" ... the guy even called me from a private number. total scam .. dont fall for that shit ..

GRM-REPR
07-17-2008, 05:48 PM
i dont think its a scam artist ..
but if hes not offering you what you want then why bother even callin' him or responding

i was sellin this shelby z dodge daytona a few years back and got all kinds of scandalous messages.. for example ..

this guy was like yeah my client is interested in buyin ur car. i was asking $8000 for it and he said he was goin to send me a check for $15000 and I was suppose to cash it and send the rest of the money back so he could cover shipping expenses for his "client" ... the guy even called me from a private number. total scam .. dont fall for that shit ..

He never responded, like I mentioned, who can't spell pic or budget and then says Nice Job? Nice job of what?

Yeah, the scam you mentioned is the oldest one in the book. Do people actually fall for that one anymore????:confused

CobraSnake
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
He never responded, like I mentioned, who can't spell pic or budget and then says Nice Job? Nice job of what?

Yeah, the scam you mentioned is the oldest one in the book. Do people actually fall for that one anymore????:confused

I think they do but, I don't understand why. If someone sent me 15k and I was asking 8k what would stop me from just keeping the rest and not sending anything back? Idiots

Mark

GRM-REPR
07-17-2008, 06:55 PM
I think they do but, I don't understand why. If someone sent me 15k and I was asking 8k what would stop me from just keeping the rest and not sending anything back? Idiots

Mark

I've always thought the same thing. Sadly though, usually the check is fake and no one would get anything, you wouldn't get money and they wouldn't get a product.

DirtyMax
07-17-2008, 08:04 PM

Mark

Look up Nigerian 419 scams. The MO's they use are fake and you can get in trouble for trying to cash/deposit it.

CobraSnake
07-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I've always thought the same thing. Sadly though, usually the check is fake and no one would get anything, you wouldn't get money and they wouldn't get a product.

I know thats why I no one should ever believe it because no one would actually be dumb enough to send real money.

Look up Nigerian 419 scams. The MO's they use are fake and you can get in trouble for trying to cash/deposit it.
Same comment to 4EYED