PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run into the pink civic?

Yooformula
11-22-2003, 01:05 AM
I actually got home around 10:30pm so I took a drive to see what was going on but I never saw a pink civic anywhere. Alot of RICE everywhere, and I mean rice not clean imports!:riceis:gay

Syclone0044
11-22-2003, 02:52 AM
I had 2 encounters tonight with the "Beeyond Racing" group of cars, this black Civic with a small "Beeyond Racing" sticker on the side of the window dropped a gear next to me and I heard his turbo spool. I did likewise and we got a fair run, I beat him solid but only by about 1 length! I was surprised how quick the car was. The guy was very cool about it, big thumbs up and a smile; they seem like a decent group. Later I ran into them again and we ran a second time but this time I pulled over a length. I think I saw the pink civic but after I beat the black one they all kinda stayed way behind. I'd still kinda like to know what was done to that car, I bet it would beat a handful of LS-1s (not sure about Tom or Tim's though).

Josh

beeyond
11-22-2003, 05:06 AM
Ok about tonights screwing around....;) The pink civic is my little brother's car. That is his wifes car he uses to screw around with v8's. OH and yes we did hit the hwy... but no action for the pink car tonight just cruising only.....the story behind this car is as follows: He has beaten many v8s except for I believe "badLS1"(the one fully built on the hwy). If I can recall he never lost to any other fast cars on the hwy that he ran into. I am sure many others are quicker, but he'd still put up a good challenge whatever the case. The car ran 12.8@106mph on a nonVtec motor. This year he does have Vtec and yes Vtec does add horsepower not RICEPOWER :shades vtec usually yeilds about 30-50whp more than nonvtecs of the same caliber motor so you do the math. And yes the car is spraying a small shot. The all motor on the car is not slow...it'll hand many a$$es back to the rightful owner.

NOTE: IT (PINK_CIVIC) is faster than the black turbocharged one that raced the syclone...by a good bit!!! hehe!!! :devil

beeyond
11-22-2003, 05:09 AM
Ok about the race with the Black Civic Turbocharge and Syclone. I have seen this dude eversince he started racing it on the hwy and at street races. I have beaten him or other ones that may not have been him(no offense i have raced many syclones/typhoons and they may have been you or not) numerous times with many of my Civics that I have owned in the past. This time around he gets me. Very fast truck. Much respect goes out to him and his diligent efforts in mastering such a sophisticated project. Another good aspect of this fellow is that he doesn't lie. I thought he was going to come on here and say he beat me by like 5 cars lengths. I was wrong. After the two races he gave thumbs up and smiles so yeah i kind of thought he'd be fair in whatever he posted. ;)
So yes here is the scoop: I never race an AWD vehicle off the launch unless i am wrapped around with 24.5" tall M/T's. So I down shift with him and we take off about the same time. Stays even for a bit and he pulls slightly away(not so so fast though just a bit). End of second at 65mph and he goes up maybe a few feet where I am still on his body. In my 3rd he pulls a bit harder than in 2nd. Then we stay even and by now he gets about 1-1.5car lengths between us. Stays that way up until about 100mph or maybe a bit over...didn't pay attention :D Both races were the pretty much the same between 1-1.5 car lengths from 40mph-100mph. If we had gone to 120mph he'd probably get me by 2.5-3.5 lengths. I do know somewhat of the Syclone's setup so I will not ask. My setup is simple: 1.8L Vtec, stock OEM block, OEM half aluminum half steel sleeves(yes weak sleeves) SRP 81mm 8.5:1 pistons, stock rods, stock crankshaft, stock Honda headgasket, ARP headstuds, basically Beeyond Engineering blue-printed motor, Beeyond Engineering Turbocharger kit rated for 500whp and about 370tq, stock axles, stock transmission, ClutchNet Clutch kit, and lastly "only" 6psi of boost pressure exhibiting the engine as we speak. I don't know what I run so don't ask me.....but if i can keep up a bit with this fellow syclone here with my wife(120lb) in the car then this will speak for itself...:stare The car will be outfitted with bigger injectors and computer unit for more boost and definitely be dyno tuned. I will update you guys with dyno graphs of the car. The weakness of the setup is the stock sleeves and rods. So I am limited at maybe 300-350whp....but remember you guys will be racing a 2200lb car with that whp....:D :D ;) ;)

beeyond
11-22-2003, 05:11 AM
BTW we do hold Wisconsin's Fastest/Quickest FWD/Honda record for 2002 and 2003. 10.71@130mph and 10.51@133mph. If I am wrong let me know. Single Digits on our list for next year and yes we are normals to GLDW ;) We'll see you guys next year...happy racing!!

And lastly about PINK CIVC and you guys in here arguing about this and that.. lets end it here. lets just go out and have fun racing each other...in fact by doing this it'll encourage each other to expand each and everyone's limits. If you don't lose how are you going to grow.......;) just a thought...hehe!!!

see you guys around... and say hi sometimes as if i see anyone on here i'll be more than happy to say it even in chinese. j/k LOL!!!:cool2: :banana

95 TA - The Beast
11-22-2003, 09:03 AM
Beeyond, you seem like a nice guy, definitely on the technical side of things and with that you will gain much respect, even with the 'muscle car' crowd...

I would just like to clarify that this 'Pink Civic' person came around here and acted quite immature and quite stupid in regards to socializing with the board in general... Unlike your 'more realistic' and 'level-headed' approach to things, THEY were the ones to basically require themselves to be removed...

I would think that if ANYONE would come around and act the way 'Pink Civic' did, they would get the exact same response... So if ANYONE needs to apologize it would be you and your group, as this individual is obviously associated with you... Your comment of "And lastly about PINK CIVC and you guys in here arguing about this and that.. lets end it here.", if I am correct it was ended with the account being banned... A better approach would have been an apology as well as the nice explanation you made in your post... It just seems somewhat arrogant to just say 'lets end it and have fun'....

Also, just as a reminder, street racing is illegal, so to be a proponent of such activities in as forward and encouraging manner is bad for everyone involved... especially in high horsepower cars that have a history of getting very 'twitchy' in control and handling as the power level increases (one of the MAJOR advantages to a heavy 'muscle-car' over a 'ricer' type vehicle)...

Again this is all in various peoples opinions, so lets just leave it at that... ;)

02hawk796
11-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Hey, nitwit. That "100" sign on Hwy isn't the speed limit. It's a residential area, in case you don't know what houses look like. Until I've seen the last "beeyond" stickered twitchmobile upside down in the median, I'll know to leave the area in my rvm when you're around. Pinko paint doesn't mesh except as my tilde.

Silver350
11-22-2003, 12:26 PM
First Off beeyond Welcome to Brew City Muscle. How did you guys hear about us. I am interested in knowing.

We welcome people to sign up on our board no matter what type of car they have as long as they share the same interest, in being automotive enthusiests. I am glad you showed up here and posted in a civil matter. Usally when some one comes on the board and post :bsflag about Muscle cars suck Imports were it at and basically come off as the "Ricer" personality. The guys and girls that are on this board join together in telling that person were they can take their attitude. You seem like a decent person and give props when do you seem like you could fit in here and be able to have civil conversations with the members.

Again welcome to the site. Also just to inform you if you want to set up a race with some one to not post anything publicly please send a pm to that person and see what goes down.

Crawlin
11-22-2003, 12:43 PM
So is this "Bee" then?

If so, I had that red Z28 back two years ago that you raced out at Bradley and we chatted a couple of times at Omega's. I had the nitrous kit with the twin bottles in the back seat area.

Anyways, like everyone has stated above, the way you came on here and with respect answered some questions about your group and told us about your shop and some of the shop cars, was a lot better than how pink civic did it. We appreciate that type of introduction. Sounds like some nice quick cars.

Wish my car was still out. I wasn't fully built like Tom's is, and even his only has an upgraded camshaft in the motor, but I was still quicker than Tom and Tim by a tenth or two in a completely stock motored car N/A. I would have liked to give you a run again. Back when I had the nitrous, on a 100 shot i was running 11.50's. I'll be out next year and would like to give that shop car a try ;)

Chris

click on the "1998 Z28" in my signature to see the car
click HERE (http://www.geocities.com/z28camaro93/index3.html) to see the nitrous setup if you remember it. That got taken off in Dec. of '01.

Yooformula
11-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Bee, thanks for the email and clarification. As you can tell alot of us dont mind getting into heated arguments but it really sets us off when new people log on just to spew from the mouth. Personally I appreciate all cars imports or dometics. "Ricer" can lend itself to imports or domestics and it generally classifies an attitude not usually the clean import. Pink came in here and posted in posts that he must not have read thoroughly and began with his diarrhea of the mouth, so he got what was coming, especially since I warned him.

That is a quick car you got there and having fun is what its all about. Take care!:cool:

Heat Seeker WS6
11-22-2003, 02:38 PM
I was on the way home from work last night in my daily driver last night and came accross the Beeyond Racing's #24 race car (well, it had '24' on the sides & rear). The driver of the beat to hell red Civic revved his motor at EVERYBODY he got next to and tailgated whover was in front of him. Dude, if you're on this board- you're a retard. http://smilies.xibase.com/tardbang.gif

Prince Valiant
11-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by beeyond
And lastly about PINK CIVC and you guys in here arguing about this and that.. lets end it here. lets just go out and have fun racing each other... Whatever :rolleyes:

Knyghtmare
11-22-2003, 05:28 PM
So if your "beeyond" racing... exactly what point is that?

Al
11-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Knyghtmare
So if your "beeyond" racing... exactly what point is that?

I'm seeing "bee," does that have anything to do with a honey bee as in a good sting comes from a little bug

little bug=little engine

sting= we know what that could mean

Yooformula
11-22-2003, 05:56 PM
I think Bee is his first name.:confused

Crawlin
11-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Come on guys, seriously....

he came on here and didnt talk ****, didn't accuse anyone of anything.

Yeah, the pink civic posts were pretty bad but let's cut it out here. you aren't any better than him if you are doing the same thing.

If it is Bee who is posting, and the guy I remember, then I consider him a good guy and someone who is as passionate about import performance as we are about domestic performance.

So with that, some of you guys posting come meet up with them tonight and race. I'll be out there with my Xtreme since the Z is down. Wont be racing, just want to check out the cars. We can post tomorrow about what happens. This topic is done for now :)

G'Day