PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find INTEX pool supplies...???

Car Guy
07-16-2008, 11:14 AM
So we have one of those blue INTEX inflatable/portable pools that you see everywhere, it's only the 8' size (smallest available) but it's priceless on days like this in which the temperature will hit 90* :headbang .....

Anywho, we need a new filter and haven't been able to find one yet in our size locally, the size we need is the 'E' size filter like in the link below. If anything we will just order some online but I would prefer to buy one locally to avoid shipping rates/time and any issues that might come up with it.....

http://www.brandsonsale.com/itx-59904.html

As always any help is much appreciated...!!!

~Justin :thumbsup

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

UnderPSI
07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
I just saw all that stuff at walmart in Waukesha. They had a ton of filters for those pools.

Car Guy
07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
^^^ That's where we got the last one but it was the 'D' size, it was a little bigger and it didn't fit.....

Any chance you looked at what sizes they had...???

I'll try calling but dealing with them is like dealing with a tree......:rolleyes:

UnderPSI
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't remember, They were stocking them when I was walking through. I was thinking about getting one of those pools. I am pretty sure they had a bunch of different sizes. They were putting out all the new ones. The overstock ones were on the very top shelf so if you don't see them where they are supposed to be look up.

Car Guy
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks Brad, and if you're thinking of getting one DO IT...!!! They are the best thing since sliced bread; cheap, PORTABLE, easy to set-up/take down, and if you get a larger one it's the essentially the SAME THING as a 'real' above ground pool......

Here is Intex's website with all of the pools that they offer ===> http://www.intexcorp.com/main.html

88Nightmare
07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
where can you buy those pools?

UnderPSI
07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
I would get the 8' inflateable one, I am not going to swim laps just something to jump in after I get home.

Car Guy
07-16-2008, 11:36 AM
where can you buy those pools?

Many places carry them like Wal-mart, Target, etc along with online stores. We got ours at Target a couple years back on clearance for $20 or $30, but it only retails for around $50 and I would have EASILY paid that if that was the case knowing how 'priceless' it is to have......

I would get the 8' inflateable one, I am not going to swim laps just something to jump in after I get home.

That's all ours if for and it works perfect for that, I am 6'0"/199.99 lbs :shades and when I sit down in it the water is right up to my chin.....:headbang

88Nightmare
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
what if I want one of the bigger ones, like an 18ft round metal frame one? where could I buy that?

Car Guy
07-16-2008, 11:40 AM
^^^ Just get the inflatable one if you want a 18' round, much easier to deal with.....

88Nightmare
07-16-2008, 11:54 AM
ok so where can I buy that? I just figured the metal frame would look better, instead of some inflatable spaceship lookin pool in my backyard :D

88Nightmare
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM
The 16ft round 48" deep metal frame pool is $649.99 and the 18ft round 48" deep inflatable one is $599.99...... hmmm, thats pretty close in price, and one is a steel frame, the other only has 2ft more diameter... if its a steel frame one, I wonder if I could just drain some of the water out of it and leave it up year round....

Yooformula
07-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Men Falls Fleet Farm sells them. We bought one last week for the kids on sale too...

UnderPSI
07-16-2008, 01:02 PM
. if its a steel frame one, I wonder if I could just drain some of the water out of it and leave it up year round....

My neighbors have done that for the past two years. They only drain about a foot out and the pool still looks new.

Car Guy
07-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Well the wifey found some, and there's an ironic story behind it also.....:rolf

She was out near Brookfield square looking for pool filters (among other things) when I get a call telling me that she locked her keys in the car. We live by the airport and I was a little irritated that I had to drive out there because I was right in the middle of something. I get there and in a 'suggesting' voice I tell her nicely to find the nearest business that makes keys and get a spare set made. It was supposed to be done some time ago and I didn't even want to think about her doing it again later on as she had more places to go......:rolleyes:

So She calls me again and said that while waiting to have the spare keys cut at a ACE Hardware she found some pool filters in our size :headbang . Never thought that they would carry pool filters but it's funny how stuff sometimes works out like that.....

u_say_go
07-17-2008, 05:49 AM
I had a 15 foot inflatable Intex pool last year, sold it and got a 15ft metal frame...love it! $200 at Sears. You can find the filters at some Home Depot stores, Menards, Target, Walmart, and Sears. Dont forget to get a chlorine dispenser with 1inch tablets...otherwise that pool will turn into a pond

Car Guy
07-17-2008, 11:42 AM
^^^ What do you like better about the metal pool opposed to the inflatable...???

Also, we have everything including the chlorine tablets but it was getting full of bugs and crap without the filter......:durr

88Nightmare
07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
chlorine tablets will prevent plant growth and bacteria and such, the filter takes care of floating debris

u_say_go
07-17-2008, 09:24 PM
our inflatable pool was 15'x42", but with the sidewall sag or bow-out, it was actually only about 36" deep. the metal frame pool is a true 42" deep. The filter set-up on this one is WAY nicer than the inflatable, the material is thicker, and the ground doesnt have to be perfectly flat. Any slope to your yard with the inflatable pool, and the thing leans bad.
Word of advice if anyone gets the metal frame pool- set the feet of the support legs on concrete patio blocks to prevent them from sinking. I put our pool up a week before the "big flood" rains came and the legs sunk about 3 inches. 4000 gallons of water x 8lbs per gallon= impossible to pull legs out of the ground.