PDA

View Full Version : Bike Licence

TraNs_aM
07-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Alright so i've been wanting to get mine for years and i think i'm finally gonan do it just want some adivce on where i should go to get it.

Should i take a Class? if so where? (i'd like to goto the place in whitnall that sky hill place but i dont kno the name anyone know it?)

should i just goto the DMV?

If i take a class is my insurance gonan be lower?

and then Last where should i get a bike?

i want a 600cc all black something or another one that the ladies can ride on also, i really dont care if its all black but i just want something decent doesn't need to be brand new can be used.

CobraSnake
07-15-2008, 03:16 PM
well it sounds like you want a sports bike which in that case don't just go to the DMV because they are kinda partial towards harleys and don't like the sport bike crowd. I took mine at MATC and it was basically everything. I take all the written and driving test at MATC and they just gave me my lisence meaning I didn't have to go to the DMV to test the test the test was given at MATC. All I had to do was go to the dmv to get the new lisence information.

Mark

BAD LS1
07-15-2008, 03:18 PM
If you have little to no bike experience, take the full class.

shoooo32
07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
If you have little to no bike experience, take the full class.

x2
I took the class at wctc and found it to be worth while. Lots of fun watching middle age women using a clutch for the first time. :rolf:rolf:rolf

CobraSnake
07-15-2008, 03:40 PM
x2
I took the class at wctc and found it to be worth while. Lots of fun watching middle age women using a clutch for the first time. :rolf:rolf:rolf

hell yeah. When I was at my class at MATC I had a lady that had no clue what so ever when it came to riding a bike. She actually took off without the bike so they kicked her out of the class.

Mark

juicedimpss
07-15-2008, 04:11 PM
house of harley has a program
414-282-2211 ask to speak with someone in "riders edge" for more info.

Feature Pony
07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
well it sounds like you want a sports bike which in that case don't just go to the DMV because they are kinda partial towards harleys and don't like the sport bike crowd.

I went to the DMV on grange ave and loomis with my old 98 900 RR in 98. I passed with flying colors by some old guy. he said that was some of the best riding he has seen while doing the testing. Granted I was riding at age 16 with out a license for 4 years (temps but they are a joke renewed 4 times):headbang

Mr Twigbert
07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.ridealive.net

xxtremeteam
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I took the class at matc in mequon was great going back for advanced rider also matc classes fill up fast my little brother did ridealive a bit more expensive i thought also i think the offer a class at road america

88Nightmare
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM
house of harleys program or the class at MATC is your best bet. Even if you do have riding experience, I still would recommend a class. My friends father who has been riding for 14 years took the class, and learned more things and is a safer rider because of it. It broke a lot of the bad habits he developed.

DocDave
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
I am taking the MATC class next month. It was recommended to me by more than a few people. Even people who road for quite a while said the coarse was worth it. They ended up learning defense driving they never thought of. Anyways if your going to MATC, the price went up to around $240 bucks now.

WickedSix
07-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Yes most insurance companies will give you a discount if you have taken the Basic Riding Course mine was something like $150 a year less cus of it. I rode for years, they make you do stuff you wouldn't think about. I think it is worthwhile for all but the best of riders imho

Jsho13
07-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I took the class offered at Harley. I knew how to ride a bike before but they teach you some things that you would have never knew or realized.

TraNs_aM
07-15-2008, 07:39 PM
hmm theres no waiting list for wctc or matc i've always heard theres months to get in

Rocket Power
07-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Weird about the no waiting list, Back when I took it at WCTC we couldn't even get our first choice of class dates.
Def. worth it, my wife and I both took it. I recommend it to everyone looking to get their license.

T-Bag
07-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Take the class if you can. I didn't take the class but I've rode dirtbikes and random other bikes many times before...but still wish I would have taken it. Someday I probably will if I have time.

So yeah...take it. Scheduling for getting your motorcycle license at the DMV is a PITA...you probably remember my story.