PDA

View Full Version : Home Inspector Needed

xxsn0blindxx
07-15-2008, 08:12 AM
We just got an accepted offer on a house in Waukesha and we need to get it inspected. Let me know if any of you have recommendations and approximately how much they charge.

Philly-O
07-15-2008, 08:20 AM
barry at old abode home inspections (262) 878-4931.
he did 2 inspections for me and both were awsome, he is a climb in the attic and stick his arm down the sewer kind of guy. i paid around $225 for my house i think.

HAMRHEAD
07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
We paid around 325.00 and if you want a radon test check to make sure they do it cause they don't all do them. That is usually another 100 though.

CobraSnake
07-15-2008, 02:20 PM
I am thinking about becoming a home inspector. It doesn't cost that much to get into it and you can take the tests from your computer at home. Plus my mother owning her own real estate company helps too. But, most should charge right around $300.

Mark

awsomeears
07-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Your better off getting a Electrical, Plumbing, Roofing, basement, carpenter and Heating & Cooling contractor out there. They are pro's in that field specific !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you call them up and explain that your buying a house and need there opinions on the house I'm sure they will only charge you $75 -$125 to come out there and spend at least 1 hour there. Granted you might spend $200 more but trust me its worth it.

I don't feel like typing what I think all over again but here is a thread similar to yours. My post is 4 down.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27932&highlight=inspectors

Russ Jerome
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Joe, Tom is out of town this week but I'll try and get the number of
the guy that looked at his house. You know if Tom aproved he is that
good! He went so far as to video tape stuff.

GRM-REPR
07-15-2008, 06:12 PM
I am thinking about becoming a home inspector. It doesn't cost that much to get into it and you can take the tests from your computer at home. Plus my mother owning her own real estate company helps too. But, most should charge right around $300.

Mark

I'm about to finish my degree in real estate, word of advice, don't waste your time being a home inspector right now, the market is OVER saturated with them. P.S The online inspector certifications are a joke, if you're truly interested, seek out the proper courses at a college like MATC or WCTC (2 of the best tech colleges in this country)

Just some helpful advice :)

wrath
07-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Your real-estate agent and home loan officer can probably give you some names. Then research them and ask around at work.

I'd stick with a QUALITY competent inspector. I haven't met many contractors that aren't out to sell you something or some service that isn't necessary. They're more than willing to help you out if it helps them out. Sure, most aren't out to shaft you but it's kind of like when you go to the fast oil change place they try to sell you an air filter that doesn't really need to be changed. Sure, it might be a wee bit dirty but it doesn't _need_ to be changed. And they don't tell you that it's perfectly fine.

Jsho13
07-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Joe - we just bought a house a month or so ago I had a guy Brian Calvert do mine. He works with Quest home inspectors and I got a 55 page report on absolutely everything. His report was very detailed all the way down to a small crack in the driveway. If you want to get in contact with him its 414-617-1984.

beer guy
07-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Just my thoughts here. If you are buying a home in Waukesha you should get the radon test done since it seems to be a common problem around the area.

Jsho13
07-16-2008, 05:39 AM
Just my thoughts here. If you are buying a home in Waukesha you should get the radon test done since it seems to be a common problem around the area.

Also a good reccomendation. We bought our house in the falls and the radon level was pretty high, and my parents moved to brookfield and their radon was high as well. Well just as my parents did, we put the offer contingent on a radon remediation system to be installed and just like that - no radon.