PDA

View Full Version : Looking to go up north on vacation..

SlowStee
07-15-2008, 01:44 AM
Trying to find someplace on or near a lake up North in WI. Ideally I'd like to find someplace where I can light off some fireworks freely if I felt like it, or do some target shooting If I felt like it. Anyone have any leads/tips/information they could share with me to assist me in my search? Or any information on which counties have gun laws that will allow me to pop off some rounds and not get arrested :goof

I wanna go somewhere with a group of friends and just have FUN and swim and what not. Any info or leads is MUCH appreciated! :)

UnderPSI
07-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Sounds like you need to go to Eagle River. There are a ton of lakes up there and one of the nicest shooting ranges in the state. (Vilas Co. shooting range) There are plenty of places to stay up there. Look for something on the Chain of lakes. I suggest the Braywood resort. It is located on Catfish lake which is part of the chain and it is right off of Hwy 45.

Head north on 45 through down town eagle river and then about 6 mi. and you are at the shooting range. It is an un-manned range, so there are no rules as far as shots per second. Just don't shoot the benches.

jbiscuit
07-15-2008, 07:56 AM
^^ sounds like Brad's suggestion is right on the money.

SlowStee
07-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Sounds like you need to go to Eagle River. There are a ton of lakes up there and one of the nicest shooting ranges in the state. (Vilas Co. shooting range) There are plenty of places to stay up there. Look for something on the Chain of lakes. I suggest the Braywood resort. It is located on Catfish lake which is part of the chain and it is right off of Hwy 45.

Head north on 45 through down town eagle river and then about 6 mi. and you are at the shooting range. It is an un-manned range, so there are no rules as far as shots per second. Just don't shoot the benches.
Thank you sir :thumbsup

SlowStee
08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Headed to Eagle River in 2 days Brad, wish me luck on finding these Ranges :thumbsup

CobraSnake
08-11-2008, 06:49 PM
damn I wish I would've seen this thread. I went up to a great place in the middle of nowhere. Tomah WI it was just a little cabin that you could rent out. It was on a little lake and there is no one EVER up there. They had a hot tub and outside speakers. It was a blast of a week with me and my buddies. We made a beeramid that was 6 or 7 feet high.

Mark

T-Bag
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Julian, I have a couple six shooter's I might be bringing up :devil