PDA

View Full Version : i need some motivation!

Silver86
07-14-2008, 05:01 PM
the plan was today to go partially finish the brakes on the 7 today (finish installing hubs, install discs, install calipers) but im really not feeling it... im sick of driving across town (a whole 5 min drive) just to work on my car... if it were here at home, it would be a different story... im just having trouble trying to convince myself to drive out there...

HY35F2T
07-14-2008, 05:15 PM
damn to bad you dont live closer id help you out.I love rx7's

Silver86
07-14-2008, 05:23 PM
damn to bad you dont live closer id help you out.I love rx7's

id love some help... its just that eveyone lives so damn far away... my closest friend (ben) lives in WB... 20 or so min from here...

HY35F2T
07-14-2008, 06:29 PM
where the hell is saukville?only places i really know are mil,westbend and madison.GOt any video of the 7 in action?

Car Guy
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
if it were here at home, it would be a different story.

Believe me when I say that the grass in NOT always greener on the other side.....:thumbsup

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Silver86
07-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Believe me when I say that the grass in NOT always greener on the other side.....:thumbsup

trust me... when i had the parts car (that one was actually here at the house) i was out in the garage all the time... even if it were just sitting it in pretending to go through the gears and making motor noises... i sooooo cannot wait to bring her home though and spend some quailty time detailing her... :(

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-14-2008, 07:08 PM
let me know when you want to do this. you know i'm willing to help out.:chair:

Silver86
07-14-2008, 07:09 PM
where the hell is saukville?only places i really know are mil,westbend and madison.GOt any video of the 7 in action?

saukville is maybe 20 min east of WB... maybe 30 min north of brown deer... and no videos yet... to shorten the story up a bit, when we first purchased her she didnt run so great and would die if you werent on the gas... so of the year and a half that ive owned her, ive got maybe 10 minutes of driving time with her...

trust me... when i had the parts car (that one was actually here at the house) i was out in the garage all the time... even if it were just sitting it in pretending to go through the gears and making motor noises... i sooooo cannot wait to bring her home though and spend some quailty time detailing her... :(

Silver86
07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
damnit.... double post...

and ben - im thinking tomorrow afternoon (after 5) im gonna drag myself out there...

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
ok give me a call

whitepony
07-14-2008, 07:14 PM
well the truth to the matter here is... That you can't drive a car with no wheels... and you can't put the wheels on until you have those brakes ready... so work on the brakes get them cleaned up go over there put them on and bring her home... Geez you act like the car is in another country!

Silver86
07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
well the truth to the matter here is... That you can't drive a car with no wheels... and you can't put the wheels on until you have those brakes ready... so work on the brakes get them cleaned up go over there put them on and bring her home... Geez you act like the car is in another country!

:rolf what are you talking about... it is in a different country

whitepony
07-14-2008, 07:43 PM
:rolleyes:

Yooformula
07-14-2008, 09:01 PM
your lazy ass will be kicking yourself when winter comes back very soon and you will be wishing you got that thing done!!!!

lt1noob
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
your lazy ass will be kicking yourself when winter comes back very soon and you will be wishing you got that thing done!!!!

thats what i was thinking...finish it before winter.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM

he did last year too Yosef

srt4eh
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
no....MY cars are in a different country.....work on the car and get it done - hell - i've worked on some humvees here cuz I miss my car (well...I was told to also)

Silver86
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
so much for the idea of bringing her home this week... :mad:

went out there to work on her this afternoon for about 1.5 hours... get out there, first thing on the list was to set the front hubs and lock them with a cotter pin... check... next - install dust cover... thats where things went down hill... they wouldnt fit and after some further examination, i figured out that when i had the super rusty/corroded stuck on old brake discs pressed off, the top of the hub mushroomed a tiny bit... so now i either need to find some caps that will fit, or take the oem caps to work and grind the lips down a tiny bit... ugh...

so i skipped that and proceeded to install the new discs and calipers... they went on with out any problems... just when i was about to put the pads in, i remembered that i needed to pick up some anti-squeal paste... ugh...

onto the rear... didnt get anywhere back here... after searching for 20 min or so, i realized that i lost the 21mm socket that i so very needed to torque the DDTS bolts with... and i cant do anything to the rear with out that socket, because that bolt is blocked by the disc... ugh...

oh... and i still need to pick up some brake fluid, and probably some other things im forgetting... :mad:

TraNs_aM
07-15-2008, 07:37 PM
i hate working on all my cars i just paid my sister to do my front brakes and rotors since they haven't been done in over 3 years since i got the car (weird there was nothing wrong with the brakes just rusted to shit though guess thats what i get for having 3 cars ) i get frustrated workin on my cars cuz i get to a point and then i can't go and further cuz i'm missing a part or i dont have a clue what i'm doing

best way is to get something to help u cuz when u have someone thats going to help you gotta go too so it kinda makes u go and do it plus its always more enjoyable to work

p.s. speed inc shipping sucks
over 2 weeks and still havn't got what i ordered

Reverend Cooper
07-15-2008, 07:46 PM
ben = not motivational.
all he wants to do is drink my beer lol

Silver86
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
ben = not motivational.

haha

i wouldve called him, but my sister is having her baby tonight, so were gonna be heading out there shortly.. if we have some time, ill probably stop at napa or something and pick up the stuff i need...

moels
07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
I work in Saukville and live in Port. If you need a set of hands, let me know.

Silver86
07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
I work in Saukville and live in Port. If you need a set of hands, let me know.

really? work where?

moels
07-15-2008, 07:55 PM
I work at Charter. This use to be my car, maybe you saw it around?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/moels/moels_0116-01.jpg

Reverend Cooper
07-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Used to be til you got gay

Silver86
07-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I work at Charter. This use to be my car, maybe you saw it around?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/moels/moels_0116-01.jpg

heh... charter steel? which dept? im really surprised ive never seen your car around, hot cars are usually the first thing spot while driving around...

moels
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm in the Processing Plant, work in the annealing dept.

Silver86
07-15-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm in the Processing Plant, work in the annealing dept.

get out... :)

im in processing also... but in wire draw... D shift

moels
07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
C shift here. I'll be in the continous this 5 day shift.

Coop - I swear I'm not gay! lol

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-15-2008, 08:16 PM
ben = not motivational.

Your hilarious. Actually i've been under mine working on the trans

Silver86
07-16-2008, 01:51 AM
C shift here. I'll be in the continous this 5 day shift.

Coop - I swear I'm not gay! lol

cool...

actually now that ive taken a good look at the car, i do recall taking a look at it b4 we bought our mustang...

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-16-2008, 06:50 AM
cool...

actually now that ive taken a good look at the car, i do recall taking a look at it b4 we bought our mustang...

That's the one I told you about at EVS