PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Chicago, last minute :)

pOrk
07-13-2008, 11:52 PM
I decided to pick up the girlfriend in the AM and head to Chicago. I would like to just ride into downtown on the bike, but I don't want to pay $20 an hour for parking. Anyone familiar with the downtown area and can lead the way?

I'm looking for somewhere close to the train line ( either in the city, or close ) to park my motorcycle at for a good portion of the day. We will be hanging out around Navy Pier, taking the train to china town, then making our way back to Michigan Ave to get sundays at the best choclate shop in town.

Probably leaving around 9 am Monday so I don't catch too much commuter traffic and get in before the lunch hour.

Flicktitty
07-14-2008, 12:05 AM
You can park at the planetarium all day for a flat fee, I dont think you will find a cheaper flat rate anywhere around downtown. You can then see the field museum, shedd aquarium, and the adler planetarium, have the best view of the city skyline form there, and you can see the outside of soldier field if your interested all from this lot. Tons of taxis's and teh free trolley picks up at the museums.

$10 If your in by 9AM
$15 From 9AM to 4PM
$12From 4PM till 8PM when the lot closes. You can stay as late as you wnat though, automatic exit.

pOrk
07-14-2008, 12:08 AM
^ That isn't terrible, did all the museums and such already this year and thats where we usually park. I didn't even think of going there with the bike, I guess I was thinking somewhere just outside of downtown would be better but maybe not. I'm a cheap bastard, what can I say.

Flicktitty
07-14-2008, 12:14 AM
^ That isn't terrible, did all the museums and such already this year and thats where we usually park. I didn't even think of going there with the bike, I guess I was thinking somewhere just outside of downtown would be better but maybe not. I'm a cheap bastard, what can I say.

eh, i dounno i've never been a big train fan personally. having to rely on it isn't something i want to do lol. i'd rather park closer and pay a little more just to be safe. just giving you some info that i got from a member of another forum when i asked where to park in chicago when i go in a few weeks. :thumbsup

pOrk
07-14-2008, 12:19 AM
China town is too far to walk, and I don't like riding in chicago traffic so I usually take the trains everywhere.

Windsors 03 Cobra
07-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Was down in Lincoln Park a few weeks ago and found plenty of free on street parking in the neighborhood, red, brown and purple line trains right in Lincoln Park whichn is very very close to downtown and Navy Pier, and easy on/off the Edens Fullerton/Armitage ramps.

No pick ups on LSD.

LIZMO
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
so whats this 'best chocolate shop'? im going to chicago in 2 weeks and wouldn't mind stopping there :)

DirtyMax
07-14-2008, 03:44 PM
We usually park in Skokie at the L-Station and take the train from there.

Parking is like $5 there.

jbiscuit
07-14-2008, 03:48 PM
We usually park in Skokie at the L-Station and take the train from there.

Parking is like $5 there.

this is a great idea +1