PDA

View Full Version : us cellular phone advice...

hrsp
07-13-2008, 09:18 PM
so im with us cellular and i want a new phone...so what ya guys got and what to avoid?

Rocket Power
07-13-2008, 09:21 PM
I'd change to verizon:goof
I got sick of dropping calls to landlines with full scale with US Cellular and switched. Other than that I don't know what phones they have. I like my LG EnV if they have that.

CPonyGo
07-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Are you kidding me...lol..I have had US Cellular for 13 years and had awesome service..I just tried Verizon and love the software but 9pm free time and no free incoming and their packages are expensive...I took the phone back after 30 agonizing days and went back to USCellular...oh and I had drops and bad recep with Verizon as well...go figure

Rocket Power
07-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Well I guess to each his own, I have enough anytime minutes the free and incoming don't matter to me. I had sh1tty service from uscc from both the phone and the cust service dept. Just my .02
I also get service inside my steel work building in a valley, and Verizon is the only ones who get service there, another plus for me:thumbsup

whitepony
07-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I have US cellular and I'm very happy with my SAMSUNG phone... DO NOT GET THE RAZR!!!! Everyone i know who has one... has had to get a new one because they break or don't receive calls etc.

CPonyGo
07-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Thats weird cause I had issues inside my building...I mean its the complete opposite from you...I love their service but my plan is better than what I got dollar for dollar...I told them..they do the 7pm free and incoming calls free- I would be back

CPonyGo
07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I am a couple months past my 2 year contract and my RAZR had to be replaced once. I have a belt pouch for at work or it stays in my lunch box so it probably isn't as abused as some are in a pocket

0TransAm0
07-13-2008, 09:40 PM
have had us cellular for the past 10 or so years no major problems..when i go up north with the family my phone was the only one that would work.(they all had other providers)...
i got the razor 2 haven't had any major problems that wern't my fault. and the one i did(water damage) they replaced for $50....

T-Bag
07-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I've had US cellular since I've had a phone and love it. Have at&t for our work phones (obviously) and holy dropped calls batman.

hrsp
07-13-2008, 09:48 PM
looking at the Motorola Q or the Motorola razrv9m......any input

97z2801ss
07-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Ive had us cellular since ive had a cell phone and they are great. US cellular doesnt have the newest phones but they have awesome cust. service and great plans. I got the blackberry for 99.99 with 2 year that or the motorola v9c is cool.

MoCkiN U
07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
us cellular is a cdma network. steer away from motorola products on that network. Motorola is a gsm based company. They do make cdma phones but they work best on gsm which is cingular/t mobile. Stick with LG, Samsung, Sanyo on cdma networks those will work great on your US Cell network

The moto q is junk. Get a blackberry instead. I love my curve

You really only need a moto q if you want to edit documents on the phone like word and excel. if you want email and calendar try a blackberry curve. Takes a little getting used to but a real nice device

CPonyGo
07-13-2008, 10:03 PM
cool info- thanks

MoCkiN U
07-13-2008, 10:07 PM
no prob man.

the big V cant add free incoming, 7pm nights, rollover cause the FCC limits what they can add. With them being the leader in growth quarter over quarter the FCC looks at them as growing faster than any other without those features so adding them will make them unfairly dominate.

But this wasnt about verizon, it was a post asking about how to get a good US cellular phone. Is there such a thing? HA HA couldnt resist being the local Verizon employee

CPonyGo
07-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Really...like I said to you the other night...that was the only reason I went back

MoCkiN U
07-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Well truth be told like I said, no one works everywhere. If they work in your area best then thats the best fit for you and I suggest everyone find what works best for them as no single one works everywhere all the time.

I go all over with my curve and no issues. Like I was saying the other night, If you went somewhere in which they didnt try and build a relationship with you then they didnt try to get you into quality product for example selling you cheap base model samsung trimode or motorola then you would feel the way you do. If I got you into a LG 8300 or better ($50) and you still had issues then it would be network but my first thought with people who had an experience like yours.....How hard did that person try to find a solution for you? I see it all the time. I have been doing this for 8 years, 6 years of management and in management now. I have to build those relationships to get return business. Some people in our stores only focus on getting one line and if you bring it back they have the "Well Fock it" attitude versus fixing it. THere is more to service than just the phone service, some of the younger people in wireless dont get that and dont know how to sell

I have tons and tons of super old samsung crap that is free in my storage cage but I aint selling that crap versus our newer samsung product. it can sit there, it isnt going out my door cause someone will grab that phone and think verizon stinks. Some young punk will look at it, Really it doesnt work? Let me swap you into another one and try that. GREAT!! Swap a crap phone for a crap phone. GREAT FIX!! Customers dont know good samsung from bad, you have to show them and present product

WAY TO BUILD A PROMOTER JACKASS!! I want to slap each one of those bitches I find

GRAMPS SS
07-13-2008, 11:08 PM
i have VERIZON...works for me...some of the buildings i go into..it works fine...no dropped calls ever...and i have a LG.....that is all carry on...

GRAMPS SS
07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
had the LG 8300..GOT RID OF IT...now i have the LG 8350...works for me....

MoCkiN U
07-13-2008, 11:13 PM
does US Cell have nokia phones? If so dont be afraid of those. They are also gsm but make DAMN good cdma phones too

LIZMO
07-13-2008, 11:14 PM
i have us cellular (since like 5 years now). and i don't get good service half the time in my own house lol. i have some dropped calls, call nick back and yell @ him for hanging up on me. :rolf:rolf anyways... i can't complain b/c im on a plan w/ my mom meaning she pays the bill so us cellular works for me :thumbsup
and i've never had a real problem with the phones i've had, they have broke, but thats my own stupidity. :headbang

GRAMPS SS
07-13-2008, 11:21 PM
^^^^^^^^^mommies little girl....maybe she'll pay my cell bill....

LIZMO
07-13-2008, 11:51 PM
pff whatever, free phone bill! minus the 15$ i pay her for texting lol.
and no she won't pay your bill. sorry!

BeesTwinEG
07-14-2008, 01:17 AM
US cell is awesome. I've been with them little over 3years No problems at all. Plus I love their contracts.. everyone time you sign 2 year contract you get any kind of phone for more than 50% off :thumbsup got my blackberry for only $$125:thumbsup. MSRP was 599.99

by the way for sprint users, their customer service, management, and sales department :chair:. Especially one by brookfield.

nismodave
07-14-2008, 05:53 AM
I like my v9m at USC. It had to be fixed, and I had a loaner for 4 weeks, but works great now.

pOrk
07-14-2008, 09:54 AM
I have the Q, the windows operating system that comes on the phone makes it load slow as balls. That, and the battery won't keep you dialing all day. Mine is usually dead at about lunch time after a call or two and 20 text messages.

TraNs_aM
07-14-2008, 03:17 PM
LG's are the best if u want soemthing thats gonan last you, also u dont have to wait till ur contract is up to get a new phone all u have to do is renew ur 2 year contract and u will get a discount u can do it often i've barely ever gone my full 2 years before i've gotten a new phone

johnny--2k
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Honestly, I've had them all. Sprint, USCellular, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon for a very very short time.

Breakdown in order....

Verizon - sucked, and sucked some more....never again.

T-Mobile - no problems at all. Got a job at US Cellular, so I got a phone for free, and free unlimited everything.

USC - great service, but their nationwide plans suck a$$. If you plan on traveling more than once a year, not worth it.

Nextel - Loved it at the time, more than half the people I talked to regularly had it as well, so it made sense. Switched to AT&T because I needed a bluetooth phone and all they had at the time was the behemoth of a blackberry...the old school ones with the no color screen....:durr

AT&T - also great service, nationwide, and not that bad price wise if you dont need DATA. That's where they RAPE you.

Sprint - this is my current provider, after AT&T. No problems with service, but their CUSTOMER service is what absolutely sucks. Honestly, for what I am paying though, I'll deal with it.

Current Plan: $49.99 for 1250 anytime, and the following is all unlimited: 7PM N&W, data, text, pic messaging, sprint to sprint. I actually paid $250 to get out of my AT&T contract, and $99 for a new phone, and I made my money back in less than 4 months vs what I was paying for AT&T (almost $110/mo with taxes.....) For that kind of savings, I'll deal with the shitty customer service for the once or twice a year I may have to call....

Rocket Power
07-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Plus I love their contracts.. everyone time you sign 2 year contract you get any kind of phone for more than 50% off :thumbsup

Welcome to every cellphone plan I've ever had since the 90's:rolf
Ameritech(yeah I'm old)/cingular,USC and verizon have always given me a free or low $ out of pocket phone for signing a new contract.

CobraSnake
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
get a I phone. they are the shit. Otherwise us cellular has something similar to it. Us cellular does have IMO one of the best signals. I can use it almost anywhere when all my buddies with other providers are cutting in and out.

Mark

DocDave
07-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I have been with US Cellular for over 10 Years and have always had Motorola phones. I have dropped a call maybe ten times. US Cellular is the only service that works at my parents place up north.