PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an office job

VroomPshhTsi
07-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Well my job hunt has mostly sucked, I'm sick of being unemployed (it's almost been a month) so I'm reaching out to different places. Basically what I'm looking for is an office job (FT, 9-5) that is good for entry level with plenty of computer experience (Microsoft Office Suite). The jobs I really want require 2-3 years office experience but seeing that I just graduated it's a little hard to have that. I'll even take a PT job if it's at least 20 hours/week. Anything like receptionist or any kind of office assistant will work (I don't mind being the office b1tch, as long as I'm getting paid). So with that in mind, anyone know of anything? Thanks in advance.

/rant

Prince Valiant
07-12-2008, 01:36 PM
What is your degree in?

flyin_blue_egg
07-12-2008, 01:42 PM
i know this may sound like a bad idea...but apply at wal-mart....before i started college (3 yrs ago) i started a wal-mart. last year i graduated with a degree in criminal justice and still haven't found a FT job in the field....well now i work as an APC (which is the loss-prevention supervisor at the store level) and i make 30,000+/yr and im only 21.

To make a long story short, the biggest reason i got the job was b/c of my degree. So start out at the store level (at-least you'll be getting a pay check) and then try to move up into an office position. Or hell i know in the Milwaukee area theres like 20+ wal-marts, i'm pretty sure you could find one that needs some one with a comp degree.

VroomPshhTsi
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
What is your degree in?

Communication Arts :goof

I was going for administrative assistant but now I'm just looking for an office assistant/receptionist to get the necessary office experience