PDA

View Full Version : 'New' Camaro update

Heat Seeker WS6
07-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Came across this update on the new Camaro on another site.

http://www.superchevy.com/features/camaro/sucp_0807w_2010_z28_camaro_cancellation/index.html

Crawlin
07-12-2008, 09:18 AM
OK, so the Camaro itself is not dead... just that particular model. it'd be like saying the ZR1 is dead, not the corvettes

nismodave
07-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Damn it!!

Just build the ******* cars GM.

Karps TA
07-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Sorry but to me it makes sense to kill it. With gas prices so high those cars aren't selling. If prices drop and the economy rebounds in a year or 2, then they can easily stick the big motor in it without a problem.

WickedSix
07-12-2008, 10:38 AM
for Fvck sake ..... it could very well be the car that saves GM's ass .... just build them already.... chevy fans are rabid for these things to hit the market

CobraSnake
07-12-2008, 10:45 AM
so basically they had the ZR1 motor and supercharger in the camaro?? Most likely detuned?? I say do it I can't stop hearing people talking about these damn camaro's coming out so its not like they wouldn't get sold. Just don't make a crap load amount of them and they should be fine.

Crawlin
07-12-2008, 10:48 AM
the problem is, GM will make it, and dealers will charge over sticker for it. then they won't sell, then GM will look at the sales report and think, "well that was a stupid idea".

while i agree with the supply and demand theory, sometimes when you look at the economy it just doesn't work. we still have all of our shelby's. even the two '07 coupes. the people that were willing to pay that "over sticker" market, have already got theres.

formul8
07-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I still hate the new Camaro....

The biggest mistake was waiting 7 ******* years to come out with this damn thing, and they are STILL getting cold feet about the launch.

STUPID STUPID STUPID GENERAL MOTORS!!!

Heat Seeker WS6
07-12-2008, 10:59 AM
My thoughts are instead of not building them because of all the people screaming that the sky's falling, they should build them for those that DO want them and CAN afford to get one. Those people are out there and they will be purchased. The Camaro, like the Mustang & Vette are part of American heritage and people want a part of that in thier garages- I sure as hell enjoy owning my part of it. Why should someone elses oppertunity be hampered by some tree-huggers or skeptical economists? GM- go ahead & build the dammed things & those that dont like it or want to criticize it STFU & live your own lives.

946speedz
07-12-2008, 11:14 AM
my Pops is heading out Thursday from Detroit(to an unnamed location) to start working on the camaro.......i told him to try to sneak one out in his briefcase........cross your fingers

Karps TA
07-12-2008, 11:53 AM
They are still building Camaros. Just not a high horsepower limited edition right now.

Seriously why would you buy a $45K Camaro, when you could get a Vette for that price and actually keep some sort of value to it in 5 years?

Buy the SS and bolt on whatever you want to it.

Everything about the new Camaro is being annouced on the 22nd of July. Pricing, build dates, apparently even dealer systems will be loaded to order them at that time or very soon after.

JC70SS
07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Just build it.....I am so sick of hearing about the gas this, the gas that, the economy......it is all media drive bullshit!!!!!!:flipoff2:

GRAMPS SS
07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
which is worse...stories of Favre coming BACK or the Camaro coming OUT....SAME thinng i guess...we don't care...

but the Challenger looks HOT

formul8
07-12-2008, 08:59 PM
My thoughts are instead of not building them because of all the people screaming that the sky's falling, they should build them for those that DO want them and CAN afford to get one. Those people are out there and they will be purchased. The Camaro, like the Mustang & Vette are part of American heritage and people want a part of that in thier garages- I sure as hell enjoy owning my part of it. Why should someone elses oppertunity be hampered by some tree-huggers or skeptical economists? GM- go ahead & build the dammed things & those that dont like it or want to criticize it STFU & live your own lives.

Unfortunately at GM- the bean counters ultimately win. :mad:

I don't really like the way it looks, but I still think they should build it. Gas prices or not, they will still sell.

lordairgtar
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Worse, we hear one executive hates the Camaro so much that he'll sign its death warrant after the first year if the car fails to sell 80,000 units (essentially, the car's break-even number).

GM needs to get rid of these green PC freaks now! Build all the gas miser cars you want but please build the Camaro and the Vettes for those that want them. The Vette in the early days was almost axed because of low sales but certain people believed enough in it to keep it alive. Where are the true believers? Where are the car heroes? If you want to build clones of the Prius, fine! But, for god's sakes, leave the performance cars in the mix.

ReD715
07-12-2008, 09:50 PM
If GM makes a lot of them, consumers will not be that inclined to buy one. If GM makes a numbered amount and keeps the Z28s numbered, Im sure that consumers will show more interest by either having a numbered car or having an affordable and VERY powerful supercar. The people that buy these cars will either store them, watch them collect dust, or drive them on the weekends. Look how many low mileage Fbodies you still see around.

As far as gas prices, thats bullsheet. Gas prices will continue to rise and there is nothing to do about that. "Meeting mileage standards" is bull too.

Knyghtmare
07-12-2008, 10:55 PM
"Worse, we hear one executive hates the Camaro so much that he'll sign its death warrant after the first year if the car fails to sell 80,000 units."

Go work for fvcking Ford f4g. Id love to get my hands on this cock gobbling worm. Looks like even GM has their own Ted Thompson.

Rocket Power
07-12-2008, 11:53 PM
which is worse...stories of Favre coming BACK or the Camaro coming OUT....SAME thinng i guess...we don't care...

but the Challenger looks HOT
I care more about the favre story because I've heard less about it:goof

Rocket Power
07-12-2008, 11:55 PM
the problem is, GM will make it, and dealers will charge over sticker for it. then they won't sell, then GM will look at the sales report and think, "well that was a stupid idea".

And GM will probably make it too expensive to start with, then the dealer added charge on top of that.
Saw my first Challenger on the road today out in the waterford area:thumbsup

Poncho
07-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Hopefully it's not like the GTO again. Ask 40k initially for the first car cars, then eventually quit being peckers and drop the price to 28-29k for a 33k car. But it might not happen considering there's a v6 model too.

DocDave
07-13-2008, 06:58 AM
It's the 70's all over again. Just as American muscle/performance cars are hitting a real stride, the manufacturers are going to get scared and stop producing them. So if history repeats itself, we will have cheesy cars that claim to save you money at that pump, but don't, for the next 10 years. Then 30 years from now we will be seeing some kick a$$ alternative power source performance cars. When will American car companies learn?

JC70SS
07-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Exactly Dave.....the F;ing Gov't is behind these gas prices because the h.p. war is getting out of control just like 1970. Also they finally realized they need to do something about SUV's. So guess what....they will all be gone soon and we will have to wait another 20 yrs for them to come back.:flipoff2:

lordairgtar
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
cock gobbling worm. .
God that's funny, I damned near spit out my soda reading that. Thanks

formul8
07-13-2008, 06:40 PM
So guess what....they will all be gone soon and we will have to wait another 20 yrs for them to come back.:flipoff2:

That's if there is any oil left in 20 years.... :stare