PDA

View Full Version : Few questions for you all.

lilws6
07-11-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm thinking about building my own exhaust for the T/A. I want true duals but i also want over the axle. And with true duals that gets expensive. Next is i want it loud like race car loud i honestly don't know how loud it is now but i like the way it sounds just not a big fan of the not stainless flow like crap master. so back to business first is there anyone on the board or know some one that has a mandrel pipe bender that could bend an exhaust for me and second wheres a good place to get cheaper stainless 3" exhaust pipe since i'm going to stay with the over axle and cool Corsa clone tips i got from josephy that i still haven't put on the car. Building this exhuast would be way cheaper then buying a corsa so help a brother out here now back to :alcoholic

lilws6
07-11-2008, 07:58 PM
ok been surfing the net and came back to think i might want a true dual dumped before the axle with maybe some one chamber flowmasters what ya think and it would be quite cheep correct?

wrath
07-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Hooker Aerochamber is a ton better than Slushmaster.

Flicktitty
07-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Hooker Aerochamber is a ton better than Slushmaster.

Lizmo has a Aerochamber on her 240sx and the fuggers pretty loud even with stock 2" pipe.

wrath
07-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I put a #21506 (3" center in, 3" center out) on my Silverado. I ran it with a 3" downturn immediately after the muffler. It was perfect in my opinion. Not too loud, not too quiet. But the 2,000-2,100rpm drone bothered a lot of people. So I ended up putting a tailpipe on it when I sold it. Tailpipe made it quiet in the cab but it still sounded decent.

Guaranteed to flow better than a Slushmaster and cheaper than a Borla:
http://silverado.wrath.com/20060916_aerochamber/1_S.jpg

lilws6
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
should i even bother with stainless?? my flowmaster is rusting out now but has been rusting before i got the car i don't drive it in winter unless i HAVE TOO

70 cutlass 442
07-11-2008, 08:32 PM
if you want race car loud, then build the exhaust like a race car, true dual into a x pipe with turn downs, or maybe some bullet mufflers. flowmasters are garbage, no matter what kinda crap people try to tell you, the dyno sheets dont lie.

USMARINE1108
07-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Sounds like you would be happy with a cutout. Electric cutouts are great, loud to quiet with no work, I mounted my switch in my ashtray. It's the best of both worlds if you ask me.

lilws6
07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
if you want race car loud, then build the exhaust like a race car, true dual into a x pipe with turn downs, or maybe some bullet mufflers. flowmasters are garbage, no matter what kinda crap people try to tell you, the dyno sheets dont lie.

this is what i was thinking but i'm not shure if i'll like the look of my car with out exhaust tips. ahh well i don't even ever look at the back of my car the loosing car sees that lol whats my best way going about doing this and back to my other question does anyone here have acces to a mandrel pipe bender. If i'm looking for flow i don't want no crushed stuff

Rocket Power
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
You're not going to be back here later b!tching about how the the damn cops gave you a ticket for loud exhaust for no reason are you?:goof:rolf

70 cutlass 442
07-15-2008, 01:12 AM
this is what i was thinking but i'm not shure if i'll like the look of my car with out exhaust tips. ahh well i don't even ever look at the back of my car the loosing car sees that lol whats my best way going about doing this and back to my other question does anyone here have acces to a mandrel pipe bender. If i'm looking for flow i don't want no crushed stuff

well, unless you are 100% hung up on doing your own exhaust just for the wow factor of saing, " i did it myself" then i would get a good mandrel exhaust kit.... since you live in waterford, i would run over to rocket racing there, talk to john about the Pypes kits that he can get, all mandrel bent, fit awesome, and are very competitive in price, and sometimes even cheaper then a dynomax or slow master exhaust. :thumbsup

Rocket Power
07-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Yeah I liked both the Pypes x-pipe kits I've had. Bought the first from Rocket Racing for my 86 442 w/455 and when I took that car apart, I traded it to a friend for the one on my 64:headbang

lilws6
07-16-2008, 11:22 AM
You're not going to be back here later b!tching about how the the damn cops gave you a ticket for loud exhaust for no reason are you?:goof:rolf

i haven't been pulled over yet for the way it sounds and its loud.

wheres rocket racing located i've never heard of them???

slow90z
07-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Rocket Racing is on hwy 164 in tichigan. Just give Jon a call at 262-895-3134 He'll get you hooked up with what you're looking for and for a good price.

lilws6
07-17-2008, 09:04 AM
ohh i drive past that every freaking day and neve new it was there. witch building is it next to the vacuum place?

slow90z
07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
yeah its next to the vacuum place :goof

lilws6
07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
just looked yesterday when i past so i know where it is now i'll have to stop in soon and see what they can do for me

Josepy
07-18-2008, 11:55 AM
ok been surfing the net and came back to think i might want a true dual dumped before the axle with maybe some one chamber flowmasters what ya think and it would be quite cheep correct?

my true dual setup was so freaking loud. i had 1 chambers on it also.
my setup that i have now i love. Ory, with hooker catback. sounds great.

true duals. camera doesnt show how loud it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKMZT7xiuV8

Nix
07-18-2008, 12:06 PM
If you happen to need a y pipe I have one laying in the garage at home. its not all rusted or rotted out either. I took it off my car when I had my magnaflow cat back put on.

it was on my 00 ta :)

ninja edit! I also still have the tips on there too, I never took them off. So those would come with the y pipe as well.

lilws6
07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
you mean xpipe or hpipe??? my car has a y pipe now lol