PDA

View Full Version : ~~~~~FAVRE is coming BACK...!!!~~~~~

Car Guy
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483521

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

lordairgtar
07-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Favre said he wasn't totally committed to Football, but it sounds like he's committed to the salary.

Nick
07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Edit

tommyt5078
07-11-2008, 03:52 PM
But not to Green Gay :rolf

STANMAN
07-11-2008, 04:01 PM
The Packers are stupid if they don't want him back. Although he has issues, he's still a top tier, if not elite tier QB. It's like Farve told the Pack they won the Powerball, and Green Bay saying "no thanks". If they don't want him back, it is possibly the biggest mistake by any franchise in recent memory. And this is coming from a Lions fan:rolf

70 cutlass 442
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
so they will blow it with favre, and rogers will get hurt in practice and be out for the season... hope their new second string QB is good.

STANMAN
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
On that subject, we will trade you Matt Millen even up for Farve, how about that??

Silver350
07-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Im sorry but I am so Sick of hearing about the packer and Brett Farve. Farve can go to another team or retire for all I care

Car Guy
07-11-2008, 04:40 PM
But not to Green Gay :rolf

You are 100% correct sir.....:thumbsup

Im sorry but I am so Sick of hearing about the packer and Brett Farve. Farve can go to another team or retire for all I care

Kinda what I'm thinking.....:rolleyes:

86GUTLASS
07-11-2008, 04:47 PM
He will end up wearing a purple #4 jersey LOL

Karps TA
07-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Sounds like they rushed him to make a decision. He was in a MArch mood and said he's gone, and now regrets it. So instead of them trading him to a team he doesn't want to go to - which will mean he'll probably air some dirty laundry, he's asking for a release.

The goofiest part about all this is how did his retirement affect the Packers in the offseason and draft? It's not like they made any moves. He could have waited until June to annouce and it would have made no difference.

I think this is going to get real ugly. This sucks.

scaleracer
07-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Screw Brett Farve! He just wants the medias attention! And people fall for stupid crap! :rolf

LEWETHETIGER73
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
A good swift kick in the arse and send him on his way. I bet there will be a couple fans burning his jersey if he goes to a rival team!!

nismodave
07-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Statement from the Green Bay Packers 7/11

The Green Bay Packers are aware of the latest developments regarding Brett Favre.

Brett earned and exercised the right to retire on his terms. We wanted him to return and welcomed him back on more than one occasion.

Brett's press conference and subsequent conversations in the following weeks illustrated his commitment to retirement.

The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization. At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team.

As a retired player, Brett has the option to apply for reinstatement with Commissioner Goodell. If that were to occur, he would become an active member of the Green Bay Packers. As always, the Packers will do what's right and in the best interest of the team.

As with all Packers greats, Brett's legacy will always be celebrated by our fans and the organization, regardless of any change in his personal intentions.

Brett and Deanna will always be a part of the Packers family.

Karps TA
07-11-2008, 05:21 PM
A good swift kick in the arse and send him on his way. I bet there will be a couple fans burning his jersey if he goes to a rival team!!

Those fans are morons then.

Blame both sides.

rally_scort
07-11-2008, 05:43 PM
his prescription of pain killers must have ran out :loser

Russ Jerome
07-11-2008, 05:53 PM
ESPN Breaking news 5/11/08, 5:49 pm:

Bret Favre (pronounced FA-ver-ea, not FaRve) is an egomaniac.
More to follow but that much is certain, he is off his med's.

Look at me...look at me Im retiring...no wait Im back...ha fooled you
Im outa here...surprise I may come back...not...Im back!!

Silver86
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
i wish he would just make a decision... this is getting quite annoying... :mad:

gottwins?
07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
All of this crap is making me loose respect for him.:flipoff2:

Karps TA
07-11-2008, 06:26 PM
I guess what I don't get is why is it all on him?

If you were told you have to make a decision about the biggest part of your life by a certain date, would you be able to live with it if things changed?

The guy just came off a grueling season where it ended just before the thing he wanted to get to most, due to him making a bad play. Then the team sets a deadline for him to decide whether or not he's coming back. Meanwhile the media and a bunch of "fans" makes a big deal about him needing time to make a decision and how he's playing this game every year - despite the fact that the previous year he decided really quickly, Super Bowl week.

A couple years ago the Packers begged him to keep playing. If they wanted him back I'm sure all the had to do was ask. But instead they if anything pushed him towards retirement. Which maybe was the right thing to do. But like I said how was Favre's decision effecting the team? Name a free agent the Packers signed this offseason? Did we use up Favre's salary in anyway that is holding the team back? Last I saw they were still around $20 mil under the cap.

This whole thing is a battle of egos. Brett Favre's and Ted Thompsons. I think pinning the blame all on Favre is messed up. There's blame to go around from both sides.

pOrk
07-11-2008, 06:29 PM
If only politics were as important as football, maybe our country wouldn't be in the rutt it's in today.

Lash
07-11-2008, 06:29 PM
All of this crap is making me loose respect for him.:flipoff2:

x2

It'll be a mistake....just like when Jordan came back....twice.

awsomeears
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
If only politics were as important as football, maybe our country wouldn't be in the rutt it's in today.

Best post I have ever seen you or anyone type !!!

70 cutlass 442
07-11-2008, 08:47 PM

yeah, but you can only hear about politics for so long before you become even more disgusted with all the politicians.

Car Guy
07-11-2008, 08:51 PM
^^^ I couldn't have said it better.....:thumbsup

Berettaspeed
07-11-2008, 09:16 PM
politics = the strong win, the weak lose. LOL so its the same as fooseball

badass88gt
07-11-2008, 09:33 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8335678?MSNHPHMA

PB86MCSS
07-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I have the feeling he will stay retired before it gets to the point of being traded or released. He burned the bridge in GB. I would love to see him play yet but he made the choice, too late to go back. JMHO.

If the Packers were like alot of other teams and didn't have Rogers waiting in the wings for 4 years, I think they would be ok with him coming back this late.

Rocket Power
07-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Well he can come back when rodgers goes down for the season in the 2nd pre-season game:rolf

MoCkiN U
07-11-2008, 11:14 PM
well if he would have stayed I doubt they would have picked up brian brohm in the second round or the other qb picked up in the later round out of lsu matt flyn to create some depth. The picks they made in the later rounds were based on not having him there. Now that he comes back puts the packers in a really tight spot.

I say let farver go to carolina, get hurt halfway in and ruin his ironman image and have the rookie brian brohm come in and be the next coming qb god in greenbay. Pressure will break rodgers if he doesnt break his leg dropping back first

hrsp
07-12-2008, 12:00 AM
yikes!!!!

T-Bag
07-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Everybody is so tough on rodgers...yes he has had a few silly injuries...could just be bad luck.

He will do alright.

GRAMPS SS
07-12-2008, 12:21 AM
You are 100% correct sir.....:thumbsup

Kinda what I'm thinking.....:rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver350

Kinda what I'm thinking.....

^^^^^but you started this thread....so your not sick of hearing about the Packers and Brett Farve :thumbsup

nismodave
07-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Favre is a Diva. Piss on him.

Car Guy
07-12-2008, 01:24 AM
^^^^^but you started this thread....so your not sick of hearing about the Packers and Brett Farve :thumbsup

I was just the middleman Wayne, and you know what 'they' say about the middleman right...??? :devil

Lash
07-12-2008, 07:46 AM
politics = the rich win, the 'average joe' and poor lose.

Corrected

OxmanWI
07-12-2008, 09:06 AM
I really had a lot of respect for Favre, kind of had this kid like feeling of a hero type, but after the pass couple of weeks it's just one big goofed up mess of feelings now. The guy cried on national television telling us that he can play, but doesn't want to. Turns around and has an itch and then asks for a release from the packers.

You've got to be kidding me! Make up you're ******* mind, you're a grown man! Stop kicking us in the balls you whore! If Ted Thomson was pushing you around that shouldn't stop the greatest QB in history with 3 years / $39 million left on your contract to do whatever you want!!

I think he seriously ****ed him self. I think if he continues to pursue this it will further damage his image and ruin his legacy here in Wisconsin and in the NFL. Just retire and be happy with all the money, sex from your beautiful wife, and become a ******* news-desk person on FOX.

The End!!!

nismodave
07-12-2008, 09:23 AM
I have been telling Packer fans for YEARS, that this guy is an egomaniac.

Now Packer fans are realizing Im RIGHT!

CPonyGo
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I have been telling Packer fans for YEARS, that this guy is an egomaniac.

Now Packer fans are realizing Im RIGHT!

is that the obvious. or merely obvious Dave- LOL- really though...show me a quarterback not hung up on him self...Thompson in no way shape of form is going to allow Farve to waltz right back to be picked up by a NFC team...Farve thinks this will be easy...its not...retire dude and stay there..Montana got beat up trying to come back and looked pathetic

gottwins?
07-12-2008, 11:04 AM
I really had a lot of respect for Favre, kind of had this kid like feeling of a hero type, but after the pass couple of weeks it's just one big goofed up mess of feelings now. The guy cried on national television telling us that he can play, but doesn't want to. Turns around and has an itch and then asks for a release from the packers.

You've got to be kidding me! Make up you're ******* mind, you're a grown man! Stop kicking us in the balls you whore! If Ted Thomson was pushing you around that shouldn't stop the greatest QB in history with 3 years / $39 million left on your contract to do whatever you want!!

I think he seriously ****ed him self. I think if he continues to pursue this it will further damage his image and ruin his legacy here in Wisconsin and in the NFL. Just retire and be happy with all the money, sex from your beautiful wife, and become a ******* news-desk person on FOX.

The End!!!

+1

GRAMPS SS
07-12-2008, 11:28 AM
I was just the middleman Wayne, and you know what 'they' say about the middleman right...??? :devil

pivot man.:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf: rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Car Guy
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
^^^ Be nice.....:D

nismodave
07-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Id love to see Favre sitting on the bench. A fitting punishment for all his BS.

Car Guy
07-12-2008, 12:14 PM
^^^ Well it's funny you say that because I see it going down one of two ways: either they are going to trade him, OR they'll keep him around and have him AND Rodgers 'work something out'. Now your definition of 'working it out' is probably as good as mine.....

I would be VERY surprised if they release him with no strings attached, they know what he would bring in the trade market and won't pass that up.....

GRAMPS SS
07-12-2008, 12:16 PM
i say they trade his azz.....at let rogers prove himself....i'm not a packer fan...no flames please...we all can't be packer fans...

Car Guy
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
^^^ That's what I would put $$$ on.....:headbang

GRAMPS SS
07-12-2008, 12:36 PM
By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
8 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintRelated Video Favre press conference Favre press conference

Latest on Favre

Strahan plans TV career

Steve Foley awarded $5.5 million
More NFL Videos GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—The Green Bay Packers’ general manager and coach say they don’t plan to grant Brett Favre’s request for his release.

GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy told The Associated Press on Saturday that the star quarterback was welcome to rejoin the team but would have to be a backup.

It was their first public comments since Favre demanded his release this week. Favre held a tearful news conference to announce his retirement March 6.

Thompson and McCarthy did not want to discuss a possible trade. Thompson said he had not received any inquiries as of Saturday morning.

70 cutlass 442
07-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Everybody is so tough on rodgers...yes he has had a few silly injuries...could just be bad luck.

He will do alright.

bad luck wont win a superbowl.

boostaddict14
07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
just retire already im sick of this shit. Big baby, he throws so many interceptions i could care less

flyin_blue_egg
07-12-2008, 01:01 PM
just saw on ESPN that the Packers have said that if Favre decides to come back that they are not going to release him and will make him a member of the roster....now i've also heard that if he comes back that they would consider making him the 2nd string QB just to make sure he doesn't go to an NFC north team, granted i bet if he comes back he will start

That_Guy
07-12-2008, 01:23 PM
ill ******* rage if he unretires and goes to a different team because the packers dont take him back... specially seeing how i inherited 4 shares of the team...

flyin_blue_egg
07-12-2008, 01:26 PM
just listening to ESPN right now...and they are saying the Thompson WON'T let Favre play for another team...pretty much Thompson said that if Farve plays next season it will be for the Packers (in a diminished capacity) or no one at all. unless of course the Packers can get a hell of a player in return for him, and preferably from an AFC team

Karps TA
07-12-2008, 01:52 PM
He should come back as a backup. Rodgers won't make it thru training camp not hurt. Somebody on the team will pay an undrafted FA alot of money to roll up on his ankle and take him out.