PDA

View Full Version : Yost Did it Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awsomeears
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
#8th game he ****ed up due to leaving in a Pitcher in to long :chair:

I find it funny that nobody mentions this on FSN or any news stations :alcoholic

Karps TA
07-10-2008, 06:59 AM
His biggest screwup was putting Motta in a game that we're not up by 35 runs in. When Suppan comes back, Motta has to be the one to go. That guy sucks ****.

awsomeears
07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I would really like to hear what the other players think of Yost when he ******* does this. I mean the whole team is trying to win the game then Mota comes in and puts points on the board. But Yost still leaves him in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't get it...

Karps TA
07-10-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm sure what Yost was thinking was, the team hasn't hit a ball all night long, might as well save my bullpen and let this douchebag get pounded.

If the Brewers were doing anythng but popping up or weakly grounded out against a pitcher throwing 85mph, I could see where he'd have some hope for a comeback. But the Brewers best hitters were sucking dong last night.

Anakonda69
07-10-2008, 12:04 PM
sh!t happens live with it....

Silver350
07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
His biggest screwup was putting Motta in a game that we're not up by 35 runs in. When Suppan comes back, Motta has to be the one to go. That guy sucks ****.

With the last ten games he played his era is 10.8 I agree with Karp if the brewers want a chance at the penant this guy needs to go.

Karps TA
07-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately Yost disagrees with us and said Mota is staying. He say's it's an issue with mechanics and they know what he's doing wrong. I think it's constantly throwing a fast ball down the middle of the plate when the count is 0-2. You'd think you'd atleast throw 2 pitches out of the zone trying to make the guy chase before throwing anything close to a strike.

Not sure how you can say we're ready to win it now, and keep a guy on that is blowing games for you. If we miss the playoffs by 2 games, they know exactly why.

Silver350
07-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Just proves yost is an idiot. If he said it is a problem with mechanics send him down to the minors to figure it out not in the bigs!

Karps TA
07-10-2008, 02:39 PM
From Tom Haurdicort's blog on jsonline

In a decision that's sure to cause much anguish across Brewer Nation, manager Ned Yost just told us that there are no plans to get rid of reliever Guillermo Mota, who has been a human batting practice machine of late.

Yost said they consider Mota salvageable because they know what he's doing wrong -- collapsing his back side -- which causes his pitches to flatten out. This is a problem they corrected earlier in the year but Yost said Mota has reverted back to it and spent two hours with pitching coach Mike Maddux and fellow reliever/supporter Eric Gagne after the game last night looking at video.

That was after Mota was crushed for four runs -- including two homers -- in the eighth inning, turning a 4-3 deficit into an 8-3 defeat. Mota has been awful for many weeks, posting a 6.82 ERA in June and allowing eight runs in three innings in four July outings.

Mota is 2-5 with a 5.82 ERA. Despite evidence to the contrary, Yost insisted that Mota has not been responsible for losing games.

"It's a team game. We win and lose as a team," said Yost.

Yost said he wouldn't use Mota in game-deciding situations until his delivery problem was fixed. That will be easier said than done, however, because David Riske and Eric Gagne recently came off the DL and aren't ready for big workloads.

Yost said he didn't think Mota's confidence was shattered and that he'd be able to handle the inevitable booing at home that comes with his entrance into games.

Suffice it to save I have huge doubts about all of that. If the Brewers allow Mota to continue to lose games, the quote from general manager Doug Melvin that "we're going for it" after the CC Sabathia signing will start to ring hollow.

My only guess is that the Brewers don't think they have a better alternative. And I'd say just about anybody is a better alternative right now.

If the Brewers end up losing the division by two games again this year, they'll regret how many games they allowed Mota to spit up.

But, of course, that's just my opinion.

theavenger333
07-10-2008, 04:11 PM
what a joke you guys. the team is playing well, i've played hardball all my life, still play at age 24 in 2 different leagues. YOU CANNOT WIN EVERY GODDAMN GAME. it's a team game. you win and lose as a team. TEAM. no i do not agree with still using Mota right now, he needs to be taken out of that spot while he figures out how to NOT tip his pitches. i just find it funny when people jump all over Yost whenever ANYTHING goes wrong. Fielder and Braun don't hit bombs every night, or get RBIs EVERY night, should Yost bench them? no. get off your mighty mountain you live on, the team is going to win and lose, AS A TEAM. our offense got shut down by Glendon Rusch, he pitched incredibly well. a good pitcher on his game will always beat out a hitter, or a team of hitters.

btw: Mota has to clear Waivers before going to the minors due to being a veteran. we'd certainly lose him and have to eat his salary

Karps TA
07-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm bitching purely about Mota. I hope we lose him. This is the same reason why the Mets got rid of him. If you saw when we went to the Mets, the fans were chanting his name to get him in the game cause they know what he does.

awsomeears
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
My focus is on Mota and when Yost leaves a pitcher in to long, as far as everything else I think its great. Like I said its been 8 times that Yost left a pitcher in to long while points are being rung up.

I wish Gwin would come around and do what I think he can " Kick Ass "

mrz28M6
07-12-2008, 06:24 AM
this guy got totally shelled when on the mets!! they got rid of him for a reason :)

flyin_blue_egg
07-12-2008, 02:05 PM
looks like ned yost has been taking notes from dusty baker circa the 2003 season