PDA

View Full Version : Will I be on the news tonight?

Neal Steffek
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Channel 12 news is doing a thing on clubs that don't let people in that may look a certain way. I know for a fact I turned down 100 people on Friday and another 100 on Sat. This is of course for dress code reasons.

Oh let this should be fun....... :fire:chair::flipoff2:

CPonyGo
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
what is your dress code for grins should I ever come down..? and btw- I agree with you..

shoooo32
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
What club owner is allowing you to turn away 100 paying customers a night for not having the right colored pumas on? Not going to be a club owner for long...

Yooformula
07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I think Neal IS the club owner and I agree with the dress code as well otherwise you end up with shit in your club.

Reverend Cooper
07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
thank god for people like neal. it means me and my wife can go there and i wont have to throat punch anyone

Knyghtmare
07-08-2008, 09:52 PM
+1 for the dress code.

Im gonna watch the news.

Lash
07-08-2008, 09:52 PM
thank god for people like neal. it means me and my wife can go there and i wont have to throat punch anyone

WERD!

GRAMPS SS
07-08-2008, 09:53 PM
i have to agree with neal....

moels
07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
You have the right to refuse service in your establishment. I agree 100%.

flyin_blue_egg
07-08-2008, 09:58 PM
What club owner is allowing you to turn away 100 paying customers a night for not having the right colored pumas on? Not going to be a club owner for long...

better then a club owner that lets his club get all run down a shitty looking

forcefedss
07-08-2008, 10:01 PM
i agree with the refusal. i have reasons why

Reverend Cooper
07-08-2008, 10:01 PM
better then a club owner that lets his club get all run down a shitty looking

que?

Lash
07-08-2008, 10:05 PM
que?

He meant to say that the Cubs suck.

CPonyGo
07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Lololol

Knyghtmare
07-08-2008, 10:07 PM

I thought that was common knowledge??

GRAMPS SS
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
neal maybe on next..............

Knyghtmare
07-08-2008, 10:14 PM
12 News IS running this story tonight... they are calling it "Racial Discrimination" though. :rolleyes:

Some people will do anything to get their ass on TV.

Neal Steffek
07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Crap, it was only for Decibel. I would PAY any news team to say the EXACT same thing for Sullivans on Water street.

Neal Steffek
07-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Dress code is pretty simple,

no plain white tee's
no Jerseys, (Brewers, Packers, Bucks are ok of course)
No baggy jeans
No logo gear (Fubu, Ecko, or what ever ghetto lable is in at the time)
No strait brimed hats or hats with stickers on them.
And new this summer, No jean shorts. Only the ghetto wears them.
No work boots, and by that I mean tan colered boots. Things I DO alow in that the ghetto hates, any other shoes, I could care less if you wear sandles.
No bandanas, do rags and crap like that.

Also, anyone who stands outside my door with a camera calling me names is in no way shape or form getting in. Why would I let you in? Funny thy talked about what they wore, and had pictures of what they wore, but none of the pictures were of them STANDING UP! I am 6 foot, my pants are just fine on me, but if someone 5 foor 4 wear my jeans, hell yea they are to long! :goof

badass88gt
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
So basically, no wanna-be gangsta shit. Sounds like an acceptable dress code to me.

LIZMO
07-08-2008, 10:56 PM
really? no plain white tshirts? why not? what about a plain pink one? :)

Neal Steffek
07-08-2008, 10:56 PM
So basically, no wanna-be gangsta shit. Sounds like an acceptable dress code to me.

exactly

link to news site

http://www.wisn.com/12newsinvestigates/16821939/detail.html

Russ Jerome
07-08-2008, 10:58 PM
no plain white tee's

Neal we have been on the same page on this since it came up
a while back, can I tie dye my plain white shirts and get in or
have my kids paint on them? "This is my dads favorite t-shirt".

Neal Steffek
07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
really? no plain white tshirts? why not? what about a plain pink one? :)

Why would anyone go out to a nice place in a plain white T-shirt? Unless that is the best shirt you got, then I REALLY don't want you in my place. Now at my bar in Stallis I will wear a plain white T all the time, but that is not downtown of course. :)

And as far as pink T's go, heck yea you can wear a pink top, girls can come in topless as far as I care! :banana

Neal Steffek
07-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Neal we have been on the same page on this since it came up
a while back, can I tie dye my plain white shirts and get in or
have my kids paint on them? "This is my dads favorite t-shirt".

If you wear a plain white T, that says "this is my dads favorite t-shirt" hand painted by your kids, your first drink is on me. :rolf

Russ Jerome
07-08-2008, 11:04 PM
http://www.wisn.com/2008/0709/16825790.jpg

I swear I saw this white dude on a post office flyer.......

Knyghtmare
07-08-2008, 11:18 PM

He looked scared as shit to be on TV... like someone might recognise him or something.

lordairgtar
07-08-2008, 11:26 PM

Doesn't look like gangsta attire on either of them. I know there are places in Milwaukee that won't let me in because of my appearance, not because of my clothes, but because of my shape, so I just don't go. Old and fat don't agree with the young hard body types.

GTSLOW
07-08-2008, 11:28 PM
You cracka

SLOWC5
07-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I was on Water Street on saturday night. It was nice to see the Police have to Shut down the roads going to the bar area on WATER. I've been going downtown for 6 years now and never seen Water street shut down for the shit that was going down in front of Gilly's. People just walking all over the street not a care in the world for cars.

Cross Water street off the list of places you use to be able to go and feel safe...

Prince Valiant
07-08-2008, 11:32 PM
The white guy looks like:

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper851/stills/3cb2fcae43605-56-1.jpg

Jamie Kennedy, aka "Malibu's most wanted"

lol...

LIZMO
07-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Why would anyone go out to a nice place in a plain white T-shirt? Unless that is the best shirt you got, then I REALLY don't want you in my place. Now at my bar in Stallis I will wear a plain white T all the time, but that is not downtown of course. :)

And as far as pink T's go, heck yea you can wear a pink top, girls can come in topless as far as I care! :banana

oh, i didn't know it was a nice place. me sorry. lol.

88Nightmare
07-08-2008, 11:53 PM
is collar popping allowed?

88Nightmare
07-08-2008, 11:54 PM
http://www.comedymail.co.uk/getItem.asp?Filename=content/4_popped-collars_cool.jpg

Neal Steffek
07-09-2008, 12:06 AM
I was on Water Street on saturday night. It was nice to see the Police have to Shut down the roads going to the bar area on WATER. I've been going downtown for 6 years now and never seen Water street shut down for the shit that was going down in front of Gilly's. People just walking all over the street not a care in the world for cars.

Cross Water street off the list of places you use to be able to go and feel safe...

Jeff, we are having a meeting with the other owners of bars on Water street along with dist 1 police on Wensday I think. Sullivans, and Brothers are nice places, but one block south (Gillys, BW3, Teq Rit,) are the shit holes letting the ghetto in.

SLOWC5
07-09-2008, 12:10 AM
after Saturday night I assumed SILK partnered with bar Louie..... I cant believe some of the people were allowed in

Neal Steffek
07-09-2008, 12:15 AM
after Saturday night I assumed SILK partnered with bar Louie..... I cant believe some of the people were allowed in

You think this past weekend was bad, you should have seen the last two weekends there. The old owner of CO2 was the doorman there this past weekend, he did a decent job from what I hear, but that in turn is why all the bad element was on the street, they couldn't get in.

Fast SVT
07-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Sucks for Decibel, but sounds like a trend.

Not letting in retards is one thing but racially profiling is a completely different animal.

Anyways, what is a good chill place to go to on Brady? Any place in Milwaukee have live bands that focus on Rock or Blues?

Beagle
07-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Is that why all the news crew's were downtown tonight? I think that was on wisconsin ave i saw that?

spindler27
07-09-2008, 01:28 AM

what went on at bar louie?

Neal Steffek
07-09-2008, 02:20 AM
what went on at bar louie?

A few months ago Bar Louie was a REALLY nice place to go. Still is before 10PM. The problem is that they started playing V100 music, and the old door guys didnt enforce there dress code. Infact, the guys they hired to work the door dressed in a way that they them selfs should not even been in there.

It got really bad there the last few months becasue if you let one idiot in, they are going to call all there idiot friends. Didn't take long before them and Gillys were complete shit holes.

Gillys is just a plane shit hole. Not much more then that. A new owner that knew what they were doing would do awesome there.

Well, those two places right across the street from each other and you can see what happened. As said earlyer, one block up and it is MUCH nicer. (Sullivans, Brothers)

Neal Steffek
07-09-2008, 02:22 AM
I think Neal IS the club owner and I agree with the dress code as well otherwise you end up with shit in your club.

Just want to make it clear, my dad and I own a bar in Stallis, a good friend of mine is the owner of Sullivans where I am the doorman at. Just so there is no confusion there.

CPonyGo
07-09-2008, 08:45 AM
what bar in stallis?

Nick
07-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Every place of establishment should have a dress code. Keep the ******* EMO's out too. No girl pants allowed on guys.

I havent been to waterin a few years now because of all of this but it's nice to see people take a stand.

HRSEPLA
07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
So just don't wear too much 'black'?

subliminal1284
07-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Great now there is gonna be a flood of suicide attempts in Milwaukee by emos because they cant deal with rejection. lmao

awsomeears
07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I go out all the time ( actually chilled out for a few months ) and my White ass gets rejected once in a great while at random Clubs.

Do I get pissed ?

Heck yea I get pissed but usually its for a reason, I'm mature enough to realize why and move on. There have been a few times when I'm wearing a plain shirt and I don't realize it. But I learn if I want to get into in next time simply wear nicer shirt. So I do

The last time I checked at Decibel ( bout 3 weeks ago ) there were black people everywhere, do you know why I noticed them huh do you really ?

Because Black people can dance and there Dam good at it, me I'm white I have no grove unless its yelling " This is my favorite song " or to raze my fist in the air rocking the Devil Horns.

What I'm trying to say is this club has a variety of race's in there, they did not let this Black dude in for some reason. Do I think it has to do with race, nahh probably not but honestly you never know.

The thing that people do not understand is that Not ALL bouncers are complete Meat Heads, most of them are sober and take it as a job. They remember faces and attitudes for the future.

My $0.02

Breecher_7
07-09-2008, 05:00 PM
:rolf I knew it was just a matter of time.....

Because it is in fact a FORM of discrimination! :thumbsup

Reporters have nothing better to do.......

Karps TA
07-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I love that this is even a story here. It shows how small Milwaukee really is. These people should go to "real" cities once and see what it's like to get into clubs.

Hit up Vegas on a weekend and see how long you stand in line, while other people get in. You can tell the midwestern people in a heartbeat.

And I love the fact that bars do this stuff. I like to go and enjoy myself at clubs, not sitting their wondering if I'm going to get some drunk thug in my face cause we bumped into each other.

Neal Steffek
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I go out all the time ( actually chilled out for a few months ) and my White ass gets rejected once in a great while at random Clubs.

Do I get pissed ?

Heck yea I get pissed but usually its for a reason, I'm mature enough to realize why and move on. There have been a few times when I'm wearing a plain shirt and I don't realize it. But I learn if I want to get into in next time simply wear nicer shirt. So I do

Back in the day I used to get turned away from Park Bar a few times. Did I get mad and have a fit? No, I went across the street to Nacho Mama's and got black out drunk there. :alcoholic

Yooformula
07-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I love that this is even a story here. It shows how small Milwaukee really is. These people should go to "real" cities once and see what it's like to get into clubs.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

CPonyGo
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
where is his place in stallis??? need a waterin hole...lol

someplace I can relax with my wife beater on and gold chains

moels
07-09-2008, 09:29 PM

You'd be the white Mr. T fo sho!

flyin_blue_egg
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM

no sorry ment to say that the brewers suck

TURTLE
07-10-2008, 07:40 AM
yep sorry ment to say that the cubbies still suck

edited for troof

Neal Steffek
07-10-2008, 08:27 AM

The place is called MugShotz. (we didn't pick the name) Two blocks south of National ave on 68th street. :thumbsup

u_say_go
07-10-2008, 08:31 AM
do you know the owners of Bobbleheadz?