PDA

View Full Version : Need an attorney for small claims court

Cutlass Queen
07-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Does anybody know of a good attorney for small claims court? Does anybody have any experience with taking a company to small claims court? I'd like some advice on how to go about this mess along with being referred to an awesome attorney.

Just a brief update on the whole Badger Plating issue I am dealing with about my motorcycle rims. I went the BBB way - got no where. Went the contact 6way and finally got them to respond via letter through contact 6. The letter summed up states that they are denying the rims are flaking or chipping :fire

I have all my documentation, reciepts, and all the steps I have gone about so far with this mess.

Any advice guys? This would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks
Deana

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
call judge judy

Want_Notch
07-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Levy and Levy

Or the stickey (Yoos guy) at the top did good work for me as well.

Yooformula
07-08-2008, 06:00 PM
try the sticky in general chat. doesnt hurt to call and ask them but I am sure they can at least steer you in the right direction.

4eyedstang
07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
a lawyer would be a waste of money just bring all your evidence be honest a respectful in court and if your right you will win

CPonyGo
07-08-2008, 06:17 PM
a lawyer would be a waste of money just bring all your evidence be honest a respectful in court and if your right you will win

I agree unless you specify that lawyer costs be inc'd but I highly doubt that in small claims

flyin_blue_egg
07-08-2008, 06:19 PM
^^^that's what i would recomend. if the rims a flaking etc. and you haven't fixed them yet, bring those in plus all the contact you've had with the place and you should atleast be able to get your money back

lordairgtar
07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Generally, a lawyer is not required in small claims. In a civil suit, yes. There is also a limit to what you can be awarded in small claims.

lordairgtar
07-08-2008, 06:23 PM
http://www.wicourts.gov/about/pubs/circuit/smallclaimsguide.htm
Here's some rules for small claims court

Reverend Cooper
07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
call Mrs. Victoria Cooper she can walk you threw it quite easily, you have my number

Troutman
07-08-2008, 08:37 PM
did you have aluminum wheels chromed by chance? If so, chrome doesnt like Al. very much. i had an aluminum fuel rail i made chromed by Badger back in april. i put blue painters tape down when i was installing the fittings (not to scratch) pulled the tape up and a little piece of chrome peeled right off. plus my rocker cover they did looks like a complete bag of "A"!

Cutlass Queen
07-08-2008, 09:16 PM
did you have aluminum wheels chromed by chance? If so, chrome doesnt like Al. very much. i had an aluminum fuel rail i made chromed by Badger back in april. i put blue painters tape down when i was installing the fittings (not to scratch) pulled the tape up and a little piece of chrome peeled right off. plus my rocker cover they did looks like a complete bag of "A"!

Yes they are aluminum wheels but here's the thing I know two other people who have had aluminum rims chromed by other companies and they are going on 5 years with no problem whatsoever!

To prove my case, I took the rims off the minute I noticed the green corrosion and bubbling occuring. They havent been on the bike since because I knew the company would attempt the whole wear and tear bs in court if it came down to it. Thats the main reason the bike was down because I had to get new rims and had to paint them.

I looked on the wisconsin court access for the owners name and it looks like he has quite the history of screwing people over. One reason why I think I may need an attorney. I will def. be bringing my wheels into court with me with the dust and all on them to prove they've been sitting. I have a paper I wrote for a class last quarter on the research of why it happened, original pictures, documentation, all of that. All I want out of this whole ordeal is the money back as I recieved faulty services and the court fees because they allowed it to get this far.

Troutman
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I looked on the wisconsin court access for the owners name and it looks like he has quite the history of screwing people over.

i actually sort-of know the owner. ive talked with him a few times and he gave me a tour of their plant.

Cutlass Queen
07-08-2008, 10:14 PM
i actually sort-of know the owner. ive talked with him a few times and he gave me a tour of their plant.

No offense but I'm not a fan of him one bit

Troutman
07-08-2008, 10:16 PM
No offense but I'm not a fan of him one bit

trust me..none taken. i dont plan on sending anything back to them

GRAMPS SS
07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
call mrs cooper....

WickedSix
07-08-2008, 11:05 PM

You're right, chrome is not aluminums friend....not without the two metal platings that have to occur before it for sure. Way more to do with the particular plater, I don't think badger has the capability to do the steps involved, copper, nickel, chrome iirc. Done right it is a very durable finish.....but the process is easy to screw up....and any cut corners and the end product is sh!t. Green leeching is the copper plating....something in the process went wrong...and ANY plating shop worth their salt will tell you that.

Cutlass Queen
07-09-2008, 06:08 AM
You're right, chrome is not aluminums friend....not without the two metal platings that have to occur before it for sure. Way more to do with the particular plater, I don't think badger has the capability to do the steps involved, copper, nickel, chrome iirc. Done right it is a very durable finish.....but the process is easy to screw up....and any cut corners and the end product is sh!t. Green leeching is the copper plating....something in the process went wrong...and ANY plating shop worth their salt will tell you that.

They said the process was done in house, but when I picked up the rims I found a piece of paper stating they were sent out. The company they sent them too covers them for up to 2 years and they even stated something went wrong in the process, but I had to have Badger send them back in because I originally went through them.