PDA

View Full Version : FOR RENT: Town House

Firefighter Z
07-08-2008, 05:13 PM
My landlord is renting out the Town House next door to me.

5438 Rainbow Drive.
Greendale, WI 53129
414 581-6595

$905.00 + Security Deposit ($905.00)]:

- 3 bedroom
- 1.50 bath
- A nice sized kitchen
- Big,deep, & extra closet space
- Recroom in the basement
- 2 car garage with 1 space availible + 2 car parking in the driveway
- 1500 square feet total
- No A/C you would have to buy your own units.
- Pets are accepted depending on breed
- Has neighborhood full of Elementry/ Middle school kids. (If you don't like kids don't bother)
- With-in walking distance to an Elementry school
- Huge back yard, 2nd largest in the neighborhood
- You'll need your own appliances
- Snow removal and lawn care, you will need your own equipment
- Big shed in the back yard
- $25.00 for 1 pet, $35.00 for 2
- Neighborhood has its share of Muscle cars

Myself, my Girlfriend and our daughter live next door.

I believe move in dates are Augusat 15th or September 1st

If you want pics of the front of the building, the back yard or wanna know more information just ask.

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Hmmmmmm,

:pics

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Breecher_7
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
People pay that much for rent???? :wooo :confused

You can buy a $160,000.00 home for that........

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
My landlord is renting out the Town House next door to me.

5438 Rainbow Drive.
Greendale, WI 53129
414 581-6595

$905.00 + Security Deposit ($905.00)]:

- 3 bedroom
- 1.50 bath
- A nice sized kitchen
- Big,deep, & extra closet space
- Recroom in the basement
- 2 car garage with 1 space availible + 2 car parking in the driveway
- 1500 square feet total
- No A/C you would have to buy your own units.
- Pets are accepted depending on breed
- Has neighborhood full of Elementry/ Middle school kids. (If you don't like kids don't bother)
- With-in walking distance to an Elementry school
- Huge back yard, 2nd largest in the neighborhood
- You'll need your own appliances
- Snow removal and lawn care, you will need your own equipment
- Big shed in the back yard
- $25.00 for 1 pet, $35.00 for 2
- Neighborhood has its share of Muscle cars

Myself, my Girlfriend and our daughter live next door.

I believe move in dates are Augusat 15th or September 1st

If you want pics of the front of the building, the back yard or wanna know more information just ask.

wow thats weird. You know if you didn't shovel or de-ice and someone fell the owner will be the one to get sued. So why trust the resident???

Yooformula
07-08-2008, 05:49 PM
People pay that much for rent???? :wooo :confused

You can buy a $160,000.00 home for that........

where? my house for $159k at 4.5% interest for 30yrs fixed is $1400 incl insurance and taxes.

0TransAm0
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
so you have to share the garage? and cut your own lawn and shovel your half of the driveway?
no thanks.
not a bad price on the size of the unit tho.

Breecher_7
07-08-2008, 06:30 PM
where? my house for $159k at 4.5% interest for 30yrs fixed is $1400 incl insurance and taxes.

I wasnt including taxes or insurance..... Mortgage only... Sorry for not being more specific. :rolf

I always paid taxes annually vs in my mortgage payment.

SpdRcrZ
07-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I pay just a hair over $1000 a month for my house...... not including the taxes and insurance (but its the same as our renters anyway)

05caddyext
07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
ALOT of people pay ALOT more than that for rent. I guess there are several reasons for it. Some people have no clue how to buy a house, renting is cut and dry. Renting has 0 maintenance, most people have no clue how to do anything as far as maintenance goes. Alot of people also rent purely based on location. You can usually get more bang for your buck (if you like throwing cash away) by renting in nicer areas. You may not be able to buy a $400,000 house, but you can rent an apt for $1000 a month a few blocks away. 50 years ago people thought of their house/property as their biggest asset. Now, people don't really have assets, they have payments for things that aren't theirs...

Reverend Cooper
07-08-2008, 09:58 PM
dood you live on rainbow drive,is that by pride way

Firefighter Z
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh chit here we go lol

Reverend Cooper
07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
just kidding,i know that area it is a very good place to be

jbiscuit
07-09-2008, 08:11 AM
renting isn't a bad idea for some...but you still are better off getting into a condo instead of throwing all that rent money down the drain. For not much more than you are paying now, you can be in a house for sure.

wrath
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Owning is barely affordable in places that you can leave an empty gas can in your yard in broad daylight. Which is why housing prices are falling like a rock... because people can't pay $200k for a $125-150k house on a postage stamp yard anymore.

A lot of rental owners are looking at the housing crisis with glee. They figure they can raise their rent another $100/month and still stay at capacity since all these people "are losing their homes and need a place to live". If someone can't afford their house payment they certainly can't afford $1000/month for a 2bedroom 1.5bath pile of inefficiency with no yard. They're moving in with family. Our complex (~250 units) is bleeding people like crazy because apparently rent has gone up $250/month in the last two years. Ours went up $150. Even the "pet buildings" each are at like 80% capacity and when we were looking for a place that took pets we got lucky and they had an opening two days before I needed the apartment.

Unless there is something about Greendale that is really desirable, good luck finding your landlord a renter. It's about $150/month more than the same thing (but with A/C) as in Waukesha at 164/Sunset. If I don't buy a house this fall I'll probably be moving down there.

Neal Steffek
07-09-2008, 09:49 AM
I rent a house, only becasue there was no way I was going to BUY a house the last few years with the way prices were going. I knew that the bubble was/going to burst. Now I just got to wait one more year and I can get a house cheep.

95 TA - The Beast
07-09-2008, 10:30 AM
For us, renting is all about the location, ie, the schools for the kids... Whitnall is just about the best depending on needs and we couldn't be happier with the teachers...

Houses around here for this district were, before the bubble, pretty expensive for Greenfield/Hales Corners, and now still are on the high side, so we are riding it out a bit longer where we are at...

Plus, as it stands, it is quite private, pretty much like a townhouse more than anything else with the private entrance, has a large yard, they take care of all the maintenance, it's quiet, and with my mother taking the unit below us I don't have to worry about someone complaining that I have kids and that they need to walk in the apartment. The upstairs unit we are in has a huge loft, which we converted into a bedroom for me and the wife as well as a computer center/entertainment room with 2 desks, a couch, loveseat, library and even a full entertainment center. The two bedrooms downstairs is split between the 4 kids (2 boys/2 girls, all young), and the downstairs front room area is almost as big as the loft, so we have lots of room (I believe the entire unit is 1290sq/ft). It also has 1.5 bath and an in-unit washer/dryer, A/C and a patio. Plus we have had our dogs here with us since before we had kids.

Oh, also the best part, I REALLY can't complain now that I have both 2 car garages at my disposal, as I have a place to park both sports cars in one and a full shop area now. :banana:thumbsup

Also, in winter, I can park 2 of the other cars in the shop garage and not worry about salt vapor and such affecting the sports cars (polished aluminum wheels get absoloutly horrendous with even a salty car parked next to it)... The extra storage space and knowing that this whole end of the complex is ours is pretty nice as well...

But, as it stands, we will probably be looking to buy a place within the next year or so. It just makes more sense overall, but for our current needs, and for the 'perks' we really cannot complain.

Slow Joe
07-09-2008, 04:00 PM
We still rent... And our rent is about the same price we'd pay for a house... But we can't get the ammenities in a house that we have here for the same price, plus we're uncertian where we'd want to buy a house at this point. Being young means that you want to have the ability to move around a little... Yeah, we might be throwing away 12k/year on rent, but we know that next year, if we decide we want to move to FL or AZ or something we can up and move and not have to worry about our house being sold. Or we can find a house we like, and go that route...

But in the mean time, I can't complain about having a garage, pool, hot tub, clubhouse, fitness center, dog walking park, and private pond all at my disposal... Plus live in a neighborhood where I'm not afraid that if I leave my doors unlocked for a night that my car won't be stolen, and it won't be emptied of contents either...

Fast SVT
07-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Government pays our rent...but we are looking at buying in the next year or so and have the government pay our mortgage for 2-3 years.

:)

ProjectCamaro
07-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Well since this is thread is no longer about the place next to Josh...

My wife and I rent a condo from the owner. It worked out pretty well but with the housing market where it is we are going to be buying a house now. We are already preapproved and Saturday/Sunday will be our first two days with the realtor offically going through houses. I am excited about the idea of being able to do whatever I want to the place. If I don't like the color on the walls I'll paint them, if I don't like the carpet I'll change it. To me renting feels like a prision, it doesn't matter what you do and don't like about the place you can't do anything about it and you're always afriad of breaking something and having to pay to replace it when you move out. No thank you!