PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the family

BAD LS1
07-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I too just picked up a new puppy over the weekend.

I got a 7 week old Chesapeake Bay Retriever, hes what they call "light dead grass" in color and has hazel eyes.

He is a pretty mellow little guy and very easy going around people so far.

He comes from a mother and father whom are both champion hunters and i have a whole family history both his mom and dad.

Safe to say he will grow up to be pretty big boy as his father was pretty thick in size and went about 70 lbs, mom was a little smaller than that.

I have named him Tremec too, keeping up the tradition of naming all my past family pets after something car related.

Prince Valiant
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Cute puppy...If I was looking for a retriever, I'd get a chessey every day of the week. In my view, they are the pit-bulls of Retrievers.

My uncles all-time favorite dog was a chesapeake..."Gus". And this is from a guy who breeds field champion labs. In his mind, there was no dog more intent and driven during retrieving, could tolerate harsher conditions, than his chessey. The only downside, is that the breed tends to be headstrong and therefore a little tougher to train (which is why you don't see them as frequently in field trials)....but that's also what makes them the only retriever that's considered generally ideal to be a guard dog too.

Where did you get him? I know of a well renowned breeder in Manitiwoc.

Poncho
07-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Cute pup, I think Joe named his new one Murse or Turbo.

Dammit I need a puppy.

Z06 KID
07-08-2008, 03:51 PM
that puppy is super cool
tremec is a really cool name too

BAD LS1
07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
I got him from a breeder in new berlin, the guy ironically works for briggs too.

Its his first day by him self in the cage... i cant wait to see what kinda stinky mess i get to walk into when i get home!

Im trying to get him used to sleeping in the cage at night and staying there during the day and when im around he can do whatever he wants. This will all change when he gets older of course but he can sure howl! and shit piles about half the size of him! lol

What really turned me on about this breed that they can be tough when needed and are good gaurd dogs. Not to mention the smarts too!

Want_Notch
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I love my Chessey! They are the most loyal dogs I have ever seen.

Mine is about 105lbs and he was the runt of the liter!

Cute puppy.

0TransAm0
07-08-2008, 06:02 PM
cool looking dog..
as far as the name i also named my cat with a car related name its "pontiac".

Want_Notch
07-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Mine Chessey's name is Harley

Cutlass Queen
07-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Awww he's such a cute puppy! Congrats!

Brandon W.
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
cute puppy tom. :)

Slow Joe
07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Cool lookin little dog... Must be puppy season... :rolf

Poncho
07-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Thankfully you've got that big lawn for him to run around on. Can you put a fence up (regular or electric) or anything to make sure he never wanders out towards Kettle?

Thanks alot to all you turds, I have a feeling we'll be getting a pup this year.

Reverend Cooper
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
lovely doggy

WilliamZ
07-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow is he cute!!

HAMRHEAD
07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
cool pup!