PDA

View Full Version : New little buddy....

Prince Valiant
07-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Just brought him home on Sunday: Gizmo

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5393&stc=1&d=1215534267

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5394&stc=1&d=1215534267

Great little puppy...very calm, confident, and pretty quiet so far...and yes, the mohawk is intentional, lol...it's a typical "puppy cut." Gizmo probably only weighs about 3lbs so far.

He's a Bedlington Terrier, 8 weeks old. Bedlingtons are derived originally from a small greyhound like dog (the whippet), and a terrier...they are among the fastest breeds of dog. Another nice thing is that they don't shed, nor have the typical dog smell. Full grown, they look like a lamb...don't believe me?

http://www.breederretriever.com/photopost/data/572/medium/bedlington_terrior.jpg

We won't be doing the "show cut" as above, so he won't look quite as lamb-like.

He's pretty funny though...he's already growled when meg reached for his food bowl, so he needs to be reminded where he is in the pack...but it's nice that he's got the attitude to be top dog, lol

jbiscuit
07-08-2008, 11:37 AM
cute lamb

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
I hate it when people 'make up' their dogs like that, which includes cropping tails, ears, etc.....

Cool dog.....:thumbsup

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

kornholio788
07-08-2008, 12:09 PM
The mohawk is bad ass. Nice pup.

flyin_blue_egg
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
you should dye the mohawk white for the true "gizmo" look

DirtyMax
07-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Badass little fella...

Cryptic
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
gonna keep this one?

you did an excellent job photographing your lawn too :nutkick

Poncho
07-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Adorable, I love puppies.

Karps TA
07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Neat dog. Not sure I've ever seen one of those ever before.

HAMRHEAD
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Nice dog:thumbsup

0TransAm0
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
cool lookin dog. i want another dog currantly have a chew-wawa (i know thats not how you spell it). but i want a bigger dog like a german short hair ponter or somethin. gotta wait till we get a house tho so it has a yard to run in...

Prince Valiant
07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
gonna keep this one?He's already more behaved than gus was, lol...plus, with meg healthy and impending marriage, one of us is generally always home or can take the dogs with them.

you did an excellent job photographing your lawn too :nutkickshut up, shut up, shut UP!!! Camera phone :goof Plus, have you've ever tried to get a curious 8 week old puppy to sit still? My guess is that it's harder than childbirth.

Neat dog. Not sure I've ever seen one of those ever before. 99.99% of people could say that...even though I've been around dogs, dog parks, dog people, dog shows most all my life, I can only say I've ever seen 1 outside a show-ring until last year...when Meg and I met a couple with one, and went to not one, but two breeders in the WI area.

Meg's debating whether or not to train for agility, or possibly lure coursing...we'll have to wait to see what his energy levels turn out to be. Can't wait till fall comes around and he starts chasing squirrels and rabbits, lol.

Prince Valiant
07-08-2008, 03:03 PM
but i want a bigger dog like a german short hair ponter or somethin. gotta wait till we get a house tho so it has a yard to run in...I took in for a rescue and rehab a german wire-haired pointer. Worst behaved dog ever...at least until we started taking it out in the fields regularly. Turned out to be a great dog, though not before he did considerable damage to the house, lol.

Cryptic
07-08-2008, 03:03 PM
shut up, shut up, shut UP!!! Camera phone :goof Plus, have you've ever tried to get a curious 8 week old puppy to sit still? My guess is that it's harder than childbirth.

lol

DirtyMax
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Skip all that agility stuff... Train him to be a bunny rabbit serial killer. :rolf

He can take lessons from my wife's Shihtzu-Toy Poodle mix.

Lil bastard got another one yesterday.... I think that's like 7 in 2 years....

Nicest most cuddly dog ever but when he sees a rabbit, its like Jekyl and Hyde...

Cjburn
07-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Skip all that agility stuff... Train him to be a bunny rabbit serial killer. :rolf

Nicest most cuddly dog ever but when he sees a rabbit, its like Jekyl and Hyde...

It's funny but my youngest Jack Russel is kind of like that too. A rabbit ran out of a woodpile in our back yard, and he kept up with the damned thing running backwards! He chased the rabbit around the yard (it's fenced) until it tried to make it through a crack in the fence where it cracked it's head and died (rabbit). Jack's were bred to corner fox's in their holes, but not kill, as to prolong the hunt. So he doesn't kill small animals, only try to corner them.

Great looking puppy though, I couldn't imagine a life without a dog, they're just so much fun.

BAD LS1
07-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Thats a cool dog! haha Gotta love the natural funky do's dogs come with. looks like he will be a big boy too!

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 03:59 PM

i had two seberian huskies and those girls were rabbit machines. I put up my fence and i'm not kinding not even 5 minutes after we let them run free in the backyard they got a baby rabbit and started fighting over it. I've never seen so much blood in my life. In just the one summer I lived at that house they got at least 30 rabbits. Then after that the rabbits learned not to go into our yard. One day I was at the bar and the wife called me histerically crying saying she opened the door to let the dogs in and chloe had something in her mouth. Well Chloe decided to bring a dead rabbit in the house. So I had to drive home and get the dead rabbit out from under the coffee table.

Mark

SpdRcrZ
07-08-2008, 06:23 PM
lol!

My mom had a rabbit killing Husky.... damn thing hunted the neighborhood every time it got out, and brought them home..... even picked up a few "pet" rabbits..... oops.

Posts like this make me miss my American Bulldog. Anyone on here pick one up from the Milwaukee Humane Society last November?

Karps TA
07-08-2008, 06:30 PM
My dog is a coon hound and she loves rabbits. She runs with them never trying to bite them she just wants to play. If theres a couple in the yard most times she won't even bother with them.

Squirrels she hates with a passion though.

lordairgtar
07-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Nice looking Bedlington Terrier. I didn't know they were bred from Whippets. But now I can see the basic body type is similar. I have a Jack Russel/Boxer mix. That equals DOG ON CRACK!!! You haven't seen anything so hilarious as a dog racing through a small apartment back and forth like he had nitrous.

wikked
07-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Meg's debating whether or not to train for agility, or possibly lure coursing...we'll have to wait to see what his energy levels turn out to be. Can't wait till fall comes around and he starts chasing squirrels and rabbits, lol.

Go agility all the way, stamina will be pumped up, as well as crit. rating, defense and attack power. Energy levels will be fine once he hits level 60, and once he learns Shadowstep, it's all over. Squirrels, rabbits, warlocks, and especially those little gnome fückers, game over.
Definitely stick with the subtlety tree , this way he will learn what works and what doesn't... and then...

Prince Valiant
07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Go agility all the way, stamina will be pumped up, as well as crit. rating, defense and attack power. Energy levels will be fine once he hits level 60, and once he learns Shadowstep, it's all over. Squirrels, rabbits, warlocks, and especially those little gnome fückers, game over.
Definitely stick with the subtlety tree , this way he will learn what works and what doesn't... and then......a world I'll never understand :rolf