PDA

View Full Version : In NEED of 5 gallon plastic containers.....

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I am looking for 5 gallon plastic containers that also have a 3"-ish opening and a screw on cap, or a 'cap' that that WILL NOT come off. I need something to put waste oil in for now because I've been lazy on getting the waste oil reservoir going. I had some plastic containers previously but they wore through on the bottom so I had to toss them in the garbage. Those were ex-fryer grease/oil containers like used in a restaurant, so they were of a thinner plastic material. If anything I can 'find' those again but would rather not go that route because of what's involved in getting them.....:puke

For some time I've been trying to think of/find something that would work but nothing has come up. I would prefer some that are of a heavier material but won't complain if I don't have much to pick from. If you can think of something that will work PLEASE let me know ASAP.....

Any help is much appreciated...!!!

~Justin :thumbsup

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Smokey1226
07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Go to your local walmart, and talk to the Bakery dept.

A girl who works for us also works at Walmart doing cakes and stuff and she brings those buckets all the time. She said they start to stack up like crazy and need to get rid of them. They usually come with the locking closeing lids too.

4eyedstang
07-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I have about six of them only about a inch and a half opening tho free for the taking caledonia area pm me with contact info and ill call back around lunch time

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Go to your local walmart, and talk to the Bakery dept.

A girl who works for us also works at Walmart doing cakes and stuff and she brings those buckets all the time. She said they start to stack up like crazy and need to get rid of them. They usually come with the locking closeing lids too.

Which Wal-mart does she work at...??? If anything I would just like talk to her seeing is how you already know her, much easier than explaining the entire situation to a employee. Tried that once or twice and it was a PITA which got me NO where....:durr

I have about six of them only about a inch and a half opening tho free for the taking caledonia area pm me with contact info and ill call back around lunch time

If the Wal-mart lead doesn't pan out I'll be contacting you.....:thumbsup

Smokey1226
07-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Which Wal-mart does she work at...??? If anything I would just like talk to her seeing is how you already know her, much easier than explaining the entire situation to a employee. Tried that once or twice and it was a PITA which got me NO where....:durr

If the Wal-mart lead doesn't pan out I'll be contacting you.....:thumbsup

How soon do you need them? She works at the Burlington one.

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 10:04 AM
^^^ Honestly last month, I'd probably be willing to drive out there tonight for them if that was possible.....

Smokey1226
07-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Ill make some calls.

kornholio788
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Talk to some local body shops or your local paint supply stores. Laquer thinner comes in 5 gallon containers. They are metal. And obviously can hold solvent so oil should be fine. I have like 5 layin around I think. And I am sure shops go through them and just toss them. The only thing is the cap is only like an inch across. But it is an idea.

wikked
07-08-2008, 11:56 AM
55 gallon drums? :P

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 12:04 PM
^^^ Way too big, I need to pour them out often which is why the 3" opening is a must.....

Smokey1226
07-08-2008, 12:56 PM
^^^ Way too big, I need to pour them out often which is why the 3" opening is a must.....

I dont have any with a 3" opening. Just the open ones where you can put lids on. I think My mom said we have 2 or 3 at our station but nonthing with openings. :(

4eyedstang
07-08-2008, 01:52 PM

the ones i have. have a littel spout that pops out to pour and you can push it back in to stack they were for floor wax and pour pretty well if you flip them

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 01:54 PM
^^^ Sorry about the wrong response, you got one in before I did and I didn't see it in time. The correct response is below.....

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 04:04 PM
the ones i have. have a littel spout that pops out to pour and you can push it back in to stack they were for floor wax and pour pretty well if you flip them

I might be contacting you if I can't find anything else.....

I dont have any with a 3" opening. Just the open ones where you can put lids on. I think My mom said we have 2 or 3 at our station but nonthing with openings. :(

I appreciate the effort but I already have some of those, and they didn't work so well when I tried to transport oil in them.....

4eyedstang
07-08-2008, 04:58 PM
no problem just trying to help good luck on your search:thumbsup

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
If this is too much to ask just let me know, but could you take a picture of the container and post it up...???

I just don't want to make the trip down to you for nothing.....

4eyedstang
07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
i can get pix tomorrow when i go back to work and post them when i get home
but here's a general description their just your run of the mill five gallon bucket like what you would buy house paint in except the tops a pressed on "very hard to take off even with a hack saw and Chanel locks" and has about 1 to 1 1/2 in spout with a screw on cover

Trutildeathxxx
07-08-2008, 06:41 PM
i seriously just threw away about ten of those 5 gallon containers

Car Guy
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
i can get pix tomorrow when i go back to work and post them when i get home
but here's a general description their just your run of the mill five gallon bucket like what you would buy house paint in except the tops a pressed on "very hard to take off even with a hack saw and Chanel locks" and has about 1 to 1 1/2 in spout with a screw on cover

Don't worry about the pics, I know what kind you are referring to and those won't work. Thanks for the effort.....:thumbsup

i seriously just threw away about ten of those 5 gallon containers

Did they have the 3" or so opening, and where did you get them from...???

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Smokey1226
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
I've got plenty of old 5gal Race Gas pails?!?! You can seal them up. The opening is maybe an inch or 2 though? Just thought of that!

GRAMPS SS
07-08-2008, 10:28 PM
I Have 3 Cans From Some Crap Gas I Got Yesterday....:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:r olf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Smokey1226
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I Have 3 Cans From Some Crap Gas I Got Yesterday....:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:r olf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

:wow No deal on C16 anymore :rolf

Trutildeathxxx
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Don't worry about the pics, I know what kind you are referring to and those won't work. Thanks for the effort.....:thumbsup

Did they have the 3" or so opening, and where did you get them from...???

:3gears::3gears::3gears:
yea, im not sure where i got them, my dad had them collecting in the rafter in the garage.

wikked
07-09-2008, 12:21 PM

Just install a spout near the bottom, elevate it a couple feet, attach small hose, and you're good to go!