PDA

View Full Version : How would you ship/sell a part

CPonyGo
07-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Someone in MN is interested in a cam I have..told him 130 plus shipping...

would you accept paypal which I have
Money Order and then ship part

ideas..

I usually try and sell locally to avoid the headache...

Just want to make sure its a clean transaction..any input?

TIA

Crawlin
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
i get money and then ship part.

i've done alot of paypal transactions. usually for a $100 part it's not worth it to argue over the 3% fee unless you state that up front that if they want to use that, they'll have to pay extra. if it was a larger $500 item, then i would say they have to pay it.

HAMRHEAD
07-07-2008, 01:21 PM
If you use paypal I add the 3% charge and ship the same day the money arrives. Or if they mail a check wait till it clears. Never had any issues. Just as long as you have cash before you ship.

CPonyGo
07-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks Chris-Hammerhead..

Z28Envy
07-07-2008, 01:27 PM
If you use paypal I add the 3% charge and ship the same day the money arrives. Or if they mail a check wait till it clears. Never had any issues. Just as long as you have cash before you ship.

I do the same thing. I tell them I will send the part as soon as the money clears to my account and send them a tracking number as soon as I send it. Most people seem to use a credit card in paypal so the money will clear right away. That's how most everyone that has bought from me has used. I haven't had any problems with anyone.

Mr. Brett
07-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Paypal then ship.

CPonyGo
07-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Thats what I did...never been ripped but never really ship stuff either...found out he is a member(long time ) on my website so he did the cc paypal and I wll ship it Tuesday...

thanks everyone

CobraSnake
07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
couldn't you also collect payment for it and make the buyer arrange the shipping? He gives a time and a tracking number they come and pick it up and deliver it. After it leaves your home then its his problem because you already have the money for the part. Just a thought.

Mark

ReD715
07-08-2008, 01:03 AM
When using paypal make sure they are verified. If they are not verified and you send it, you pretty much ****ed yourself and put yourself in a bad situation. Once they know you no longer have the item, they can dispute it with paypal and say they never ordered the item. They win like 99% of the time. That means you dont have your item you sold, the money that was supposed to be yours, and you paid for the shipping to him. He gets a free part.

If they are not verified and will not pay any other way, tell them to file that with paypal saying that it was never shipped. By having them do that, they cant say they never ordered it.