PDA

View Full Version : Basement Dehumidifiers * Your friendly HVAC Tip *

awsomeears
07-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Did you know 9 out of 10 homes have Dehumidifiers, and on those unit there is a thing called an " Air Filter " :wooo

How about this go down stairs and clean it you will be amazed :rolf

Doing my normal A/C tune-ups at the customers house I alway spend a min or two finding the Dehumidifier in there boxed filled basement( just because I honestly care ) to make sure the filter is clean :thumbsup

I have not found a clean one yet * I'm not shitting you * Thursdays customer Dave had one that was plugged solid. I said " hey Dave you should clean this " :rolf

He looked at me and said " Holly shit is thats why that dam thing has not been working "

Me - Yep !!!
Dave - I owe you bud
Me - No its cool :banana1:

:durr

pOrk
07-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I must say it is rather refreshing to see someone as excited and proud of their job to go above and beyond on a daily basis. Props to you sir.

I need to get into HVAC, sounds like lots of fun. Where do I sign up?

Car Guy
07-06-2008, 11:56 PM
^^^ Brad (my brother/only sibling) is the same way as I am with the automotive service/sales world, it's just I have a hard time working for someone and he doesn't :goof . However, that's partly because there are soo many 'snakes' in the automotive industry and I'm about as honest of a person as you'll find.....:thumbsup

Brad is THE man when it comes to HVAC stuff, if I had the $$$ to start up a HVAC business Brad would be in charge of it hands down.....:headbang

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Yooformula
07-07-2008, 12:34 PM
damm, looks like I have to look around my dehumidifier for its filter.

CobraSnake
07-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I have two of them going so I'll take a look.

Mark

moels
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I need a dehumidifier for the basement.

awsomeears
07-07-2008, 06:28 PM
And when they FREEZE up !!!!!!!!!!! its 90% do to a Dirty Air Filter. Ohh yea some from what I Have found don't have one, but we are talking old school.

Not that Old School is bad it just lacks features.

michelle
07-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I had no idea they had air filters. I'll be sure to mention it to my parents next time I talk to them. I know the two they have (one really old one and a new one) have been running in the basement since we first started getting all that rain.

And I checked my furnace filter the other day too. All looked good! (:

Max 93
07-07-2008, 06:39 PM
thanks for the tip. I didn't know they had filters. Mine was pretty much plugged up.

Lash
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Filters are for wussies. Take that shit out and throw it in the trash....then you don't have to clean it.

:goof

DynoTom
07-07-2008, 08:45 PM
thanks for the tip. I didn't know they had filters. Mine was pretty much plugged up.

Mine was really clogged too !

awsomeears
07-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Mine was really clogged too !

This is exactly why I post up my * Tips * :thumbsup see because of this I feel Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat !!!

:rolf

awsomeears
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Found two more today !!!

:-0

CobraSnake
07-11-2008, 11:10 AM
mine was sqeaky clean and I couldn't find the filter on the other one.

Mark

awsomeears
07-11-2008, 01:14 PM
mine was sqeaky clean and I couldn't find the filter on the other one.

Mark

Some of the older ones don't have them :stare yesterday I clean my dad's out with a Leaf blower no joke. Should have seen that dust cloud :stare

She runs like a top now :rolf

DynoTom
07-11-2008, 01:24 PM
She runs like a top now :rolf

Mine too ! Mine used to fill up the holding tank in 3 days but, since I cleaned that totally clogged up filter it had it fills in a little over 1 day ! I just added a drain hose to it today as now it fills so up so fast I did not want to mess with having to empty it everyday...Thanks for the tip !

awsomeears
07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
woo woo

CobraSnake
07-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Mine too ! Mine used to fill up the holding tank in 3 days but, since I cleaned that totally clogged up filter it had it fills in a little over 1 day ! I just added a drain hose to it today as now it fills so up so fast I did not want to mess with having to empty it everyday...Thanks for the tip !

wow I need to really do this because everytime I go in the basement they are full. I mean they fill up most times in 1 day but sometimes I need to empty them twice a day. Damn Basements.

Mark

Chalky
07-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that!:D