PDA

View Full Version : Orange SRT8 Challenger

STANMAN
07-05-2008, 09:00 PM
With the black stripe package, yesterday on 33 in West Bend:thumbsup

Z06 KID
07-05-2008, 11:51 PM
saw one at georgies today and it had a thing on the fan shroud that said "specially built for so and so's name" pretty sweet

WilliamZ
07-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I have seen 2 orange ones, might have been the same one. Both in the Waukesha, Brookfield area.

Voodoo Chick
07-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Have seen about three of them, personally, I think they are ugly as sin. They look like a fischer-price rounded off little kid's toy version of the real thing. YUCK.

michelle
07-06-2008, 08:08 AM
I have seen 2 orange ones, might have been the same one. Both in the Waukesha, Brookfield area.

I've seen one around Waukesha. It was in the Oscars parking lot (I think that's considered Waukesha).

H8RADE
07-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Last week I was in OC and saw 2 orange/black SRT8s on a flatbed private hauler.
I was struck by the simplicity of the word FUEL on the fuel door.
Got some cell pics, including the underside, because it was about eye level.
Nice looking cars.

STANMAN
07-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Have seen about three of them, personally, I think they are ugly as sin. They look like a fischer-price rounded off little kid's toy version of the real thing. YUCK.

Having owned the "real thing" once upon a time, I think they did a great job bringing it back. Looks very similar to the original E bodies, only no stick yet. Sign me up for one in Sublime with black hockey sticks please:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

michelle
07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
While we are on the topic:

http://www.1320video.com/gallery/TotaledChallengers

DBC Dealers:

If you live anywhere near Omaha, NE you know about the substantial storm that ripped through the city
this past Saturday. The damage from wind and hail is so significant there are still power outages
with downed trees and power lines. The golf ball sized hail caused significant damage to structures
and vehicles in bay at the rail yard in Council Bluffs, Iowa (Eastern suburb of Omaha).

The very unfortunate news is that every vehicle sitting in bay at Council Bluffs received significant
damage and will likely be bought back and sent t auction. The vehicle list includes (35) Dodge Challenger
SRT8s. The damage to these vehicles is not dentless paint repair. The damage is significant and includes
broken windshields and headlights. Most body panels will have to be replaced. Therefore these units will be
re-classified as "Act of God, major transportation damage" and will be sold at auction.

There is nothing that can be done to recover a unit bought back. The vehicles are now on "Hail Storm" hold
and awaiting Insurance Inspection and buy back. Obviously this is devastating news to those people waiting
for one of the 35 Dodge Challengers that were effected. There is no avenue to replace these units as the
production has been filled for the 2008 model year.

Please do not contact Sierra Mountain Express in Council Bluffs, to check the status of your vehicle. They are
scrambling to catch up with the situation and everything is on hold waiting inspection. You can see the status of
your vehicle in DealerConnect.

We apologize for this unfortunate situation.

DBC Distribution

Breecher_7
07-06-2008, 05:12 PM
With the black stripe package, yesterday on 33 in West Bend:thumbsup

It belongs to a guy in west bend Bob. He wasnt just visiting.... :rolf

I see it all the time.

70 cutlass 442
07-06-2008, 07:14 PM

thats probably my neighbors, hes not on here however. defintaly a sweet car

Poncho
07-06-2008, 07:18 PM
It belongs to a guy in west bend Bob. He wasnt just visiting.... :rolf

I see it all the time.

I need to make a drive to west bend and go "hunting" :stare

Karps TA
07-06-2008, 07:31 PM

DBC Dealers:

If you live anywhere near Omaha, NE you know about the substantial storm that ripped through the city
this past Saturday. The damage from wind and hail is so significant there are still power outages
with downed trees and power lines. The golf ball sized hail caused significant damage to structures
and vehicles in bay at the rail yard in Council Bluffs, Iowa (Eastern suburb of Omaha).

The very unfortunate news is that every vehicle sitting in bay at Council Bluffs received significant
damage and will likely be bought back and sent t auction. The vehicle list includes (35) Dodge Challenger
SRT8s. The damage to these vehicles is not dentless paint repair. The damage is significant and includes
broken windshields and headlights. Most body panels will have to be replaced. Therefore these units will be
re-classified as "Act of God, major transportation damage" and will be sold at auction.

There is nothing that can be done to recover a unit bought back. The vehicles are now on "Hail Storm" hold
and awaiting Insurance Inspection and buy back. Obviously this is devastating news to those people waiting
for one of the 35 Dodge Challengers that were effected. There is no avenue to replace these units as the

Please do not contact Sierra Mountain Express in Council Bluffs, to check the status of your vehicle. They are
scrambling to catch up with the situation and everything is on hold waiting inspection. You can see the status of

DBC Distribution

Wish I could get in on that auction!

STANMAN
07-07-2008, 01:02 AM

DBC Dealers:

DBC Distribution

Kind of a good thing/bad thing. Yes, they won't have the 1st year of production, but hey, at least now they can be first on the list for one with a stick!!!!:thumbsup

6forwardgears
07-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Kind of a good thing/bad thing. Yes, they won't have the 1st year of production, but hey, at least now they can be first on the list for one with a stick!!!!:thumbsup

That was my first thought :thumbsup

Troutman
07-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Have seen about three of them, personally, I think they are ugly as sin.

agreed.

Voodoo Chick
07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
They are not even close to the bad-ass factor the old ones have. IN MY OPINION. They look cutey-cute. I reiterate: YUCK.

Holeshot
07-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Mark another first Kill down for the Pittsburgh crew... First the G8 GT and now a Challenger SRT8.

EDIT: Video Done!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNyxpFrTvfY

Yooformula
07-07-2008, 11:42 PM
a modded GTO vs a stock C SRT-8.....didnt look that bad to me besides how many miles could that thing have on it already? I would still take the Challenger hands down over the GTO.

Holeshot
07-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I like the Challenger body. They did a great job. Its very heavy car. 4100 lbs If I had to pick it would be neither of the two. I would take a G8 GXP in late 09

Poncho
07-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Got to say I agree with Yoosof and Dan both.

STANMAN
07-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I would take a the Challenger over the GTO without even thinking.

Karps TA
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I like the new Challenger more then any new car available today. It's the first car I've seen in years that made me want to sell everything in order to get one. It's exactly what I like in a car.

T-Bag
07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I saw one on a private flatbed out in the Sussex area heading towards lake Keesus.

STANMAN
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Got a chance to actually sit in one yesterday. Very nice interior. Price for the base SRT-8 is under 39K.