PDA

View Full Version : South Shore Water Frolics Parade will go on as scheduled Saturday, July 12th, 2008

awsomeears
07-05-2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.milwaukeeworld.com/blog/2008/06/south-shore-water-frolics-parade-saved.html

:thumbsup

For those that did or did not know the frolics were canceled do to lack of funds but Braeger stepped in a booted some 40k. My hats off to them :headbang

For those that have never been to the Frolics, well you should go :thumbsup best part of the night are the 1/4 sticks and 1/2 sticks of Dynamite they blow off at the beach. They call it " Blowing up the Beach "

The power and sheer pressure that bounces off your chest is unexplainable :headbang

Crawlin
07-05-2008, 11:26 AM
That's awesome. I know they did that a couple years ago to save the West Allis parade as well

CobraSnake
07-06-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.milwaukeeworld.com/blog/2008/06/south-shore-water-frolics-parade-saved.html

:thumbsup

For those that did or did not know the frolics were canceled do to lack of funds but Braeger stepped in a booted some 40k. My hats off to them :headbang

For those that have never been to the Frolics, well you should go :thumbsup best part of the night are the 1/4 sticks and 1/2 sticks of Dynamite they blow off at the beach. They call it " Blowing up the Beach "

The power and sheer pressure that bounces off your chest is unexplainable :headbang

I didn't know they did that. I've been there many of times too.

Mark

awsomeears
07-06-2008, 11:29 PM
I didn't know they did that. I've been there many of times too.

Mark

Hmmmm Mark I can bet you $1,000 you would remember " Blowing up the Beach " I'm talking some serious noise. The type of noise similar to a pipe Bomb.

:stare

I feels like a slight sucker punch to the chest :stare its great !!!

CobraSnake
07-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Hmmmm Mark I can bet you $1,000 you would remember " Blowing up the Beach " I'm talking some serious noise. The type of noise similar to a pipe Bomb.

:stare

I feels like a slight sucker punch to the chest :stare its great !!!

I guess i've never been that close or that coherent(sp??) when watching them.

Mark

brewcity_mach1
07-07-2008, 06:27 PM
those are good fireworks there. been going there since i was little. never heard of them being cancelled. glad to hear it is back up! they blow up the beach every year!

Car Guy
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
^^^ I know for a fact that they were cancelled for at least one year maybe even two, our family used to go every year too and I remember it quite well. For the last ten years the event has struggled to bring in sponsors only making it happen at the last minute many times, just like this year.....

One thing I do remember is when they started enforcing the alcohol ban, it went from a HUGE all out party to a quiet afternoon in the park. Its always weird when I go now because I clearly remember the days when I was younger and it was cRaZy to say the least.....:alcoholic

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

brewcity_mach1
07-09-2008, 06:18 PM
and it was always jam packed with people too!